Jamie Campbell

Stephen1876

Does anyone know what has happened to Jamie Campbell. I really liked him when he first broke through under McCall - he seemed both skilful and versatile. He didn't feature under Jackie initially and had a fairly poor loan spell with Stenny. However, I have never heard anything about him since.

He is still listed as being at the club but he is nowhere near the first team, doesn't seem to be featuring in the reserves and I don't think he is out on loan. So is he injured or just persona non grata?

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2012-2013/october_2012/injury_update

Injury update:

“Jamie has a condition called Osteitis pubis which is basically an inflammation of the pubic bone. The pain that Jamie is in with this is excruciating and the only real treatment for it is rest. Unfortunately I think it will be about Christmas time before he will be back. I have to say that Jamie has been an absolute model professional. He just gets on with the work that we can give him and he is at every game and every training session. He is a pleasure to work with.”

What sort of surfaces do they train their pubic bone on?

Grassy ones unless they're playing on a Brazilian turf...

Anyway, was meaning possibly the impact of training on hard surfaces is causing the inflammation of this condition? Or maybe it is simply that we've just been unlucky to have three players within a short space of time who have the same kind of debilitating condition.

• 2 months later...