Ramsden Cup Final 7Th April?

soapy

i believe the Ramsden Cup Final is to be on the 7th of April...........but does anyone know where yet?

As a Nomad i like to get these things booked up and sorted, ive looked at the SFL website (which is pish btw) but nuthin as usual, so if anyone hears anything can you post something for us Nomads.

Thers about six of us coming up from down here together so we are kinda hoping it might be at Rugby Park? and the sooner we know the better....... thanks.

Edited by soapy

why the fuk would they pik the likes of Livingston.............unless a few backhanders were involved it doesnt make sense.

1. Capacity is 10,000. Big enough for the final.

2. It's an SFL ground, they don't like playing it in SPL grounds.

3. It has a proper grass pitch, not an artificial one.

4. Livingston are not playing at home that weekend meaning the pitch won't have two games on it in two days.

Jings - first time Thistle reach a final in 41 years and it's apparently going to be played in one of the most dismal places in Scotland. A horrible, soul-less town. OK for those travelling by road but the train from Glasgow to Livingston is painfully slow. Also, pre-match libation venues are very limited.

Pish.

Hopefully common sense will be prevail - I know they're SPL grounds but Paisley and Kilmarnock would be better options.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Do Livi not have work to do on some turnstyles that were damaged by fire. Could affect capacity.

Decent ground but the Livi lounge won't cope with thirsty Jags and Queens fans.

I guess the kick off will be 4.05 again?

I hope it isn't Airdrie or Livi.

I know Grant goes :frantic: every time someone has a pop at the place but if there are going to be 10,000 fans there simply aren't enough places for a pint pre-match surely? And paying £4 for a plastic pint of generic lager in a beer tent in the car park doesn't count :drink2:

Edited by uberteeb

I hope it isn't Airdrie or Livi.

I know Grant goes :frantic: every time someone has a pop at the place but if there are going to be 10,000 fans there simply aren't enough places for a pint pre-match surely? And paying £4 for a plastic pint of generic lager in a beer tent in the car park doesn't count :drink2:

Big man...we organise a fleet of buses and get absolutely leathered somewhere in Glasgow prematch..then return on said buses and get even worse up Maryhill after we win the cup :thumbsup2:

Could do a pub crawl on the way there stopping off at the various spots on the way from Queen St... Shettleston, Easterhouse, Coatbridge, Airdrie, Armadale... or maybe just drink in Glasgow and get the last train through.

I'd make it the last but one. Imagine missing the final because of getting a train cancelled by Scotrail!

As we get a third of the cup final gate I was confident the game would sell out well over 10000 and would have preferred a bigger stadium since obviously its more money. I am confident there both teams would sell out capacity of 10000 therefore it would have been in both teams interests to have it at a bigger staidum and get even more money

As we get a third of the cup final gate I was confident the game would sell out well over 10000 and would have preferred a bigger stadium since obviously its more money. I am confident there both teams would sell out capacity of 10000 therefore it would have been in both teams interests to have it at a bigger staidum and get even more money

The final hasn't had an attendance over 10,000 since 1993/94. Livingston's capacity will be fine. Better to have a full ground and a cracking atmosphere than 1/2 empty one and flat(that you'd probably get at Rugby Park)