Food At The Football

The Earl of Hathaway

I've never understood why we can't drink bottles in grounds here. I was at the Reebok in Bolton earlier in the year and they have vending machines and all sorts of different options on the concourses.

Are we that stuck in the past that anyone with a bottle of fanta is going to fire it on the pitch or at opposing fans?

Nonsense law.

Edited by MWM

Always thought it would be a good idea if we could have a setup outside the stadium similar to a farmers market with a few stalls selling good quality hamburgers, sausages etc. There is a cracking Indian Street Kitchen that I have been to at Queens Park Farmers Market. Cordon off the area so people can go to it during the game, half time and end of the game. Different theme or different stalls every game or done a couple times a season. The whole pie and bovril and jumbo hotdog is not appealing to me.

Always thought it would be a good idea if we could have a setup outside the stadium similar to a farmers market with a few stalls selling good quality hamburgers, sausages etc. There is a cracking Indian Street Kitchen that I have been to at Queens Park Farmers Market. Cordon off the area so people can go to it during the game, half time and end of the game. Different theme or different stalls every game or done a couple times a season. The whole pie and bovril and jumbo hotdog is not appealing to me.

Not sure if this would work during the actual season, but such a market could be great alongside pre-season friendlies or the Firhill Cup day if run again. I really like the idea and it would fit in with our west-end luvvie, family friendly image. Could invite a brewery to set up a beer tent too perhaps...

Incidentally, some of my friends run one of the finalists in the BBC's farmers' market awards. It was only set up a year ago so they'd know a good deal about setting up such an event, however all their contact are in North Leicestershire.

The food is not very good, to put it mildly, but given average attendances, what company is going to take a risk and provide something better? Some grounds get great catering - as i've said before Alloa and Dunfermline do the best pies IMO, and Pollok had great Scotch pies until they changed supplier. What about the lamb pies etc we offered a couple of seasons ago? They were great. Wht doesn't the club approach suppliers at the various farmer's markets? The one in Partick is a good source of pies and other meat-based delights.

Aye, it hardly promotes a healthy lifestyle if all you can get at the game is a pie or a mars bar, and don't give me that skinny pie nonsense, it's still pastry, grease and testicles, just a little less pastry, grease and testicles. A few thousand people in an enclosed environment should be easy business for someone selling something decent, the fact that people are buying the junk on offer at present only proves this. Imagine the queues at half time if the food was nice. I only ever force down a rubbish instant coffee but it would be nice to be able to get a decent hot drink or even a bottle of water when it's warm, especially seeing as we're sponsored by a bottled water supplier. At present the only cold drinks on offer are luminous fizzy drinks. If it's because of league/policing rules that don't allow bottles into the ground then that's pretty frustrating as is punishing the many because of the behaviour of a few ratbags.

The food is not very good, to put it mildly, but given average attendances, what company is going to take a risk and provide something better? Some grounds get great catering - as i've said before Alloa and Dunfermline do the best pies IMO, and Pollok had great Scotch pies until they changed supplier. What about the lamb pies etc we offered a couple of seasons ago? They were great. Wht doesn't the club approach suppliers at the various farmer's markets? The one in Partick is a good source of pies and other meat-based delights.

I would have expected great fish and chips at Pollok!

Its Firhill for FOOTBALL not feckin come dine with me or masterchef. Don't get me started on farmers markets.what the f*ck has that to do with football.

But it's entertainment, an event and often a 'day out'. In those circumstances surely making ti an enjoyable experience is something we should strive for (and maybe even make money from?). If other forms of public, live entertainment can do it, why can't football other than a deep rooted conservatism?

Its Firhill for FOOTBALL not feckin come dine with me or masterchef. Don't get me started on farmers markets.what the f*ck has that to do with football.

Whilst I agree, and would be delighted if pie stalls simply sold just pies and bovrils (nachos and hot dogs are for the cinema or American Football), we need to offer other things to attract people who wouldn't normally come along. It would be ridiculous to run large events alongside matches all through the season, but to do it as a one off alongside a friendly, early round cup game or Firhill Cup could attract new faces.

The food is garbage, I've normally had a fair few pints before every home game and still think it's horrid, I don't bother getting anything anymore. The homemade pie thing a few years ago was good, they probably made a bit extra money but they definitely put in a lot of extra effort, I assume the new caterers just can't be bothered?

The food is garbage, I've normally had a fair few pints before every home game and still think it's horrid, I don't bother getting anything anymore. The homemade pie thing a few years ago was good, they probably made a bit extra money but they definitely put in a lot of extra effort, I assume the new caterers just can't be bothered?

You’re absolutely right, garbage is what the food at Firhill is. Just seeing someone stuff their gob with the greasy shite gies me the boke. Wish they’d create a pie eating section just like the singers.

Food and drink should be a good source of income for the club. You need to sell a quality product at a fair price.

Why don't we team up with a local chippie and let them sell fish suppers for a few games a season in the ground for a commission? I'm sure quite a few fans would appreciate the warm glow such a package gets on your knees during the winter months...

It would end up being the Blue Lagoon knowing our luck ha! :(

If you want fish and chips for the game just nip to Jaconellis before the game and bring it in with you!

Edited by little_miss_jag

It would end up being the Blue Lagoon knowing our luck ha! :(

If you want fish and chips for the game just nip to Jaconellis before the game and bring it in with you!

The Blue Lagoon - jesus christ.

They buy the USED chip pan oil from other chippies and use it themselves. Rumour has it that's why they've been so successful (lower fixed costs). Needless to say the food from there is utterly rank.

The Blue Lagoon - jesus christ.

They buy the USED chip pan oil from other chippies and use it themselves. Rumour has it that's why they've been so successful (lower fixed costs). Needless to say the food from there is utterly rank.

I remember being drunk once after being out and ordering chips and cheese from one, I ate a few chips before realising the cheese was mouldy! boke! :(! Disgusting chippies!