Hamilton Academical V Partick Thistle.

jagfox

Just spoke to a couple of folk...

To say it wasn't a smith og would be to lie, he ****** it up. His kick outs are appalling and he nearly sold another in the second half. Bad call by the boss.

Paton had a good game until his 2 footed challenge which was retaliation effectively.

O'Donnell started on the left. It didn't work and he moved to the right.

Erskine tried hard.

Doolan should have been hooked at half time. Off the pace again.

We pumped long balls, playing very little football.

1st half as bad a game as you will see, 2nd slightly better.

What the hell is going on with our away style of play, said to my dad this afternoon I wouldn't be able to go... he said, I'm not surprised, we are shite to watch away from home.

That was god awful. All jags second half but more hopeful efforts than anything. For accies Stevie may had an ok game. I think scully must know now that if that basket case of a keeper gets a game before him then its time to leave. Can't go past the half way line with kick outs and at crosses was a joke, goal was a absolute shocker.

Oh and would love to know what jackie said to get sent off, whilst the fat hamster Reid dictated the whole game to the ref.

Jackie should have reverted to 4-4-2 moving O'Donnell back to right back taking balatoni out and putting bannigan in.

Never mind.

Very disappointing, reminded me of games v Clde at Broadwood. Will be god to get Craig back next week and Bannigan too. Is Paton out for 2 games now, suppose Murray will be back in contention. Need to bounce back next week . Finally on way back to car Jags fan said Scully injured in warm up and was in crutches.

AJ

1400 Thistle fans there tonight, outnumbering the Hamilton fans. I wasn't there -- my chair was a nicer prospect than that dump.

Anyway, from what I've heard it was another typical away game for us. I don't get why we're so scrappy away from home -- even with teams digging in we should be good enough to overcome them, and we'll need to be, too, if we're going to beat Dunfermline this season.

First half we were shocking, and the goal was one of the worst I've seen us concede. I did think that we were genuinely unlucky not to score second half. Paton incredibly stupid, just when we were having our best spell he blatantly tried to "do" their man and was deservedly sent off. Away form now an issue.

Oh no we lost our 2nd game of the season - what we going to do?

For god sake it's one game. We have played 6 away from home, lost 2 drawn 2 won 2 and we haven't even played the wee teams like Airdire and Dumbarton.

A defeat tonight but the only way for Dunfermline to go top tomorrow is if they win by 6.

Horrible night but it is only our 2nd defeat this season! I am looking forward to the north stand for Livingston next week! :)

Oh and Smith might have had an OG but rumour has it Scully was injured in the warm up!

Edited by little_miss_jag

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt tonight since hes not played in donkeys, but my initial impression of Graeme Smith is that he put in a great bid for his part as this year's David Klein. Flapping at just about everything. If he keeps that up he'll be nowhere near a full-time gig again, it'll be the public parks of the juniors and the seaside leagues.

Hamilton sum up the pishyness of Scottish football. Ultra negative tactics, and a ******* laughable number of fans led by the pathetic wee lot in the corner with their drum and their fat ringleader who got torn a new hole. Their best player by a country mile too was May who isn't even their own. I'd take him in a heartbeat in January.

Edited by MWM

First half was abysmal, but I thought the 2nd half was total domination. Wave after wave of attack, but just couldn't finish any of them - the form is Kris Doolan is worrying me, Craig I think will be available next week, I'd personally have him back in the team, don't think Jackie will, but I would.

Goal was shocker, and I'm quite worried the mistake could be the first of many ala Klein the year we won the 1st under Lambie.

Thought defensively we were ok, although at times Stevie May did run us ragged, and as a previous poster mentioned, I'd happily have him for us. Balatoni looked assured, and Muirhead supported O'Donnell well and is a decent full back. Personally I'd prefer him in the middle but his versatility is a bonus. Sinclair done ok, down the wing all night, put in some decent balls but no-one to finish them.

Paton played really well I thought and spoiled it with a daft challenge, I agree with a post further up - it's been coming. His aggressive style of play meant this was an inevitable red card. Forbes was anonymous first half, but stepped up in the 2nd half, and some of his set piece delivery was absolutely fantastic, just again, no-one to finish it off or attack it.

Erskine done ok, missed a good chance running onto a half volley and put it in the stand, but I wouldn't slag him for tonight I thought he tried hard, and didn't let his head drop when something didn't come off. Lawless was anonymous, poorest game for us, but he's had a really impressive start so we can forgive him that.

Doolan, absolute crap, and that is coming from someone who bloody loves the guy.

Really annoying defeat, had a chance to put a shitload of pressure on Dunfermline, and instead we've give them a huge boost.

Dunf will need to win about 5-0 or somethin to overtake us, so we'll still be top, but with the goalkeeping situation what it is, and no Paton, who I fear we will miss a lot, Livi will not be an easy game.

I'd rather have Rowser in the team than Shug, but the fact that Shugs been on the bench prob means Rowser isn't ready yet, so it'll be Shug in for Paton, but we're losing that pressure on the ball that Paton puts the opposition under, neither Shug or Forbes are the most mobile.

Pure piss, but we deserved somethin...onwards to next week.

I actually fancy Raith to beat Dunf anyways, so it'll be as you were!

Edited by chunky jag

Oh no we lost our 2nd game of the season - what we going to do?

For god sake it's one game. We have played 6 away from home, lost 2 drawn 2 won 2 and we haven't even played the wee teams like Airdire and Dumbarton.

A defeat tonight but the only way for Dunfermline to go top tomorrow is if they win by 6.

Horrible night but it is only our 2nd defeat this season! I am looking forward to the north stand for Livingston next week! :)

Oh and Smith might have had an OG but rumour has it Scully was injured in the warm up!

Unfortunately tonights result will give them a massive lift for their game against Raith.

A win tonight would have meant that no matter how many they scored tomorrow they still wouldnt be top.

Your right to highlight how well we are done this season, however to get promotion we need to win games like tomorrow and unfortunately tonights blunder has not helped that.

Though not the be all and end all no doubt will mean a slightly smaller attendance against Livi than if we had won tonight.

Unfortunately tonights result will give them a massive lift for their game against Raith.

A win tonight would have meant that no matter how many they scored tomorrow they still wouldnt be top.

Your right to highlight how well we are done this season, however to get promotion we need to win games like tomorrow and unfortunately tonights blunder has not helped that.

Though not the be all and end all no doubt will mean a slightly smaller attendance against Livi than if we had won tonight.

This is a Dunfermline team who still have not been paid their full wages for November. It's a derby at Stark's Park where I believe Raith have not lost all season and if Raith were to win tomorrow they go a point behind their rivals.Give some credit to Raith Rovers they will have a boost tomorrow aswell with all this in mind. Also going by Raiths website they had to make the game pay at the gate because Dunfermline fans were not buying tickets and Raith are expecting double the amount of home fans compared to Dunfermline away support. We all know the difference a great home support can make.

Yes it would be lovely if we had taken a point or even 3 and yes it is so disappointing that we never. But at the end of the day we are top of the league, Dunfermline need to score 6 to go top and we have an easier run of fixtures coming up compared to them!

This is a Dunfermline team who still have not been paid their full wages for November. It's a derby at Stark's Park where I believe Raith have not lost all season and if Raith were to win tomorrow they go a point behind their rivals.Give some credit to Raith Rovers they will have a boost tomorrow aswell with all this in mind. Also going by Raiths website they had to make the game pay at the gate because Dunfermline fans were not buying tickets and Raith are expecting double the amount of home fans compared to Dunfermline away support. We all know the difference a great home support can make.

Yes it would be lovely if we had taken a point or even 3 and yes it is so disappointing that we never. But at the end of the day we are top of the league, Dunfermline need to score 6 to go top and we have an easier run of fixtures coming up compared to them!

I just hope then that Raith play considerably better against the Pars than they did against them in the the first quarter of the season. I hope too that Accies play a lot better against Dunfermline than they did first quarter.

A win for us tonight would have well knocked some stuffing out of the Pars and give us 10 points over the Ton. I really really hope Smiths stupid blunder does not come back to haunt us.

I just hope then that Raith play considerably better against the Pars than they did against them in the the first quarter of the season. I hope too that Accies play a lot better against Dunfermline than they did first quarter.

A win for us tonight would have well knocked some stuffing out of the Pars and give us 10 points over the Ton. I really really hope Smiths stupid blunder does not come back to haunt us.

No it wouldn't.

New keep? Dracula in a way that would have made Dougie MacNab look like Van Helsing

Dools? Oh my; really a bit minging. Love the guy, but that was best forgotten.

Forbes? No bottle. Classy left peg but just a waste when there is a battle to be won.

All that said, really not a bad game. Second half was cracking: it was just one of those nights...