Team For Tomorrow

Lenziejag

With O'Donnell struggling, I would guess that Muirhead will take up the right back spot, with Archie back in the team. I would have Paton back in place of Murray and probably Craig starting too.

Smith

Muirhead

Balatoni

Archie

Sinclair

Paton

Bannigan

Forbes

Lawless

Craig

Erskine

Any thoughts?

Much as I think Paton is a better player for us in midfield we might be better playing him at right back since Muirhead didn't look so convincing at RB last time IMO. OK defensively but offered nothing going forward.

I know a lot of folk think Murray's a liability but I could see the manager playing him just for his experience. (Though myself I think it would be interesting to see Balatoni playing that defensive midfield role - I think he did play there once for us. Muirhead has played in midfield too, hasn't he? Though not for us.) But if he drops Murray I think you're right in that Muirhead will go fullback and Paton midfield.

Apart from that agree with the rest of the team except again the manager may stick with Doolan. I happen to agree with playing Craig as I think he is more the kind of player we need for tomorrow's game.

Edit to add: I notice there is a slight doubt over Lawless. The manager seems to think he'll play OK however if he didn't make it - or had to come off during the game- who would be the best replacement? Slane would be a natural replacement but not match fit. Doolan playing wide? Or McGuigan? Both Doolan and McGuigan will be on the bench I think with Rowson and Halsman the other non-goallie subs.

Edited by Mr Bunny

I think Doolan gets wasted when he plays out wide, whereas McGuigan has the speed and strength to get past defenders there. So, if Lawless doesn't make it, I'd give the big guy the nod. Maybe Craig to start this one, with Doolan coming on if and when required.

Will it be Fox or Smith in goal?

Fox is still out, so its Smith with Scully on bench,

I heard a stat that, for the last 80-odd games, the player who features on the front page of the programme always starts the game. McGuigan is on the front tomorrow; will the run be broken?

That "stat" is grossly incorrect.

Jackie McNamara was on the cover of the Raith Rovers prog (14th April)

Stuart Bannigan was on the cover of the Livin prog (31 Mar) and didnt start the game, though he did appear as a sub.

Edited by G SUS

Much as I think Paton is a better player for us in midfield we might be better playing him at right back since Muirhead didn't look so convincing at RB last time IMO. OK defensively but offered nothing going forward.

I think you might be pleasantly surprised by Muirhead at right back.

If tho' Paton is preferred at full back it'll be interesting to see if he's now more adventurous pushing forward.than previously. I don't think you can just put his remarkable improvement solely down to his positional change. A lot of credit has to go down to the player himself.

Decision could depend more on whether Murray or Archie has shown up better in training. Don't think Big Graham will be exactly man marked but his presence could still have an influence on where Muirhead is deployed.

Bit of a blow to lose O'Donnell, his pace on the right hand side has been a big factor in our success this season.

Paton back in the team is a boost, can’t be far away from the best midfielder in the division this season. Can’t wait for Welsh to come back from injury, I think a midfield three of Forbes, Paton and Welsh offers quality no team in this division has.

I would leave Doolan in the team in front of Craig. He was unlucky on a few occasions against Livi and if he manages to get a bit of luck in front of goal I fancy him to go on a good scoring run.

............................. Smith

Muirhead ..... Balatoni....Archibald…. Sinclair

.........................Paton......................

..........…… Forbes………...Bannigan......

…………..Lawless.............Erskine.....

.....................Doolan...........

Subs:

Scully

Murray

Slane

Craig

McGuigan

Edited by Alan Murray