Dumbarton

Lindau

Any recommendations for boozers near the ground?

There are 3 viable options:

1. The Rock Bowling Club. Located behind the ground. You can leave at 2.55 and be in the ground for 3(pending the queues at the turnstyle, which should be quicker with the tickets).

2. The Counting House. Stay on the train for an extra stop(Dumbarton Central), and you'll be at the Counting House.

3. Stags Head. Directly opposite Dumbarton West.

Unaware of any others boozers, good or otherwise, in Dumbarton. The Stadium Bar will 99% be limited to home fans only.

1. The Rock Bowling Club. Located behind the ground. You can leave at 2.55 and be in the ground for 3(pending the queues at the turnstyle, which should be quicker with the tickets).

2. The Counting House. Stay on the train for an extra stop(Dumbarton Central), and you'll be at the Counting House.

Unaware of any others boozers, good or otherwise, in Dumbarton. The Stadium Bar will 99% be limited to home fans only.

Can you please advise if the upholstery is up to G SUS standards? It's a deal-breaker for me.

• Like 5

The Abbotsford Hotel has a decent bar with Sky Sports etc.

Dumbarton east not west for the stags head,bud!

There was a guy on facebook who thought the tickets currently on sale WERE for the last game of the season, and he was pleading with folk to get him a ticket.

All joking aside, I've not been to Dumbarton's new ground yet (going on Saturday) but would they be able to accomodate temporary stands at all? From what I've seen of the ground, it could be a problem as the other 3 sides are surrounded by high walls.

There was a guy on facebook who thought the tickets currently on sale WERE for the last game of the season, and he was pleading with folk to get him a ticket.

All joking aside, I've not been to Dumbarton's new ground yet (going on Saturday) but would they be able to accomodate temporary stands at all? From what I've seen of the ground, it could be a problem as the other 3 sides are surrounded by high walls.

Judge for yourself: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0a/Strathclyde_Homes_Stadium_-_Home_Of_Dumbarton_FC_-_geograph.org.uk_-_2586794.jpg

Guest fredthecheesecloth

PTFC fan - experts in hysteria.

No surprises that everyone has got a ticket.

What about the cup final, oh no!!!!!!!

I am all booked up for final game already.

But it will probably still sell out, so almost everyone gets a ticket I imagine.

Fair point but contradicted by you spending fifty quid on hospitality at Dumbarton in case you miss out :P

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Fair point but contradicted by you spending fifty quid on hospitality at Dumbarton in case you miss out :P

I would say that getting the lads together on the final day of the season for a few lagers, a meal and a game of football is a great idea. Granted £50 isn't ideal but its manageable.

Twinny, have you heard of any PTFC fans wanting to go who have not got a ticket for the game?

Edited by fredthecheesecloth
  • Like 1

Last chance to see the current team including a few players who might be taken off our hands in the summer?

True, but there is no guarentee(if the league is won), that'll we'll play a full strength team. We may play some youths/fringe players who are trying to win a contract.

I would say that getting the lads together on the final day of the season for a few lagers, a meal and a game of football is a great idea. Granted £50 isn't ideal but its manageable.

Twinny, have you heard of any PTFC fans wanting to go who have not got a ticket for the game?

I don't live in Scotland so my only regular contact with thistle fans is on here. I imagine there will be one or two, which won't be that big a deal really considering they will have had the chance this week to get a ticket.

have you heard of any PTFC fans wanting to go who have not got a ticket for the game?

As there's no postal service I suspect there's quite a few who physically can't get tickets. I know of at least two and I suspect two others who would've gone but now can't. I made a round trip of 80 miles to get my ticket last Friday but couldn't have got any for the rest as I either didn't have their ST book or they weren't ST holders.

You have to take that into consideration.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

I don't live in Scotland so my only regular contact with thistle fans is on here. I imagine there will be one or two, which won't be that big a deal really considering they will have had the chance this week to get a ticket.

Thanks for the geography update.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

As there's no postal service I suspect there's quite a few who physically can't get tickets. I know of at least two and I suspect two others who would've gone but now can't. I made a round trip of 80 miles to get my ticket last Friday but couldn't have got any for the rest as I either didn't have their ST book or they weren't ST holders.

You have to take that into consideration.

My point was on the availability of tickets, not on the logistics of picking them up, but completely fair enough.