Raith Rovers Game

I am huge thistle fan who now lives in Spain and this saturday i will be bringing over 8 spanish friends for thier first taste of scottish football.

iam hoping the thistle away support will be as large and as noisey as i fondly remeber from my younger days when i would go every week, and that my mates all get to experience that special thistle away-day atmosphere.

please make them feel welcome.

Question: what pubs in kirkcaldy do you recommend for before the match?

and can i ask that the photographers look out for us as one of your great crowd shots with us in it would make a cracking souvenier of our trip.

see you all on saturday.

• Like 2

Are you getting the train btw? Just a heads up but the Rugby is on in Edinburgh so Queen street will extremely busy with a queue for the train.

Probably. It's also meant to be "dry". :innocent2:

I think I might take a slower train, the one that goes via Livvy, since it *should* be quieter.

I am huge thistle fan who now lives in Spain and this saturday i will be bringing over 8 spanish friends for thier first taste of scottish football.

iam hoping the thistle away support will be as large and as noisey as i fondly remeber from my younger days when i would go every week, and that my mates all get to experience that special thistle away-day atmosphere.

and can i ask that the photographers look out for us as one of your great crowd shots with us in it would make a cracking souvenier of our trip.

see you all on saturday.

Nos vamos a Kirkcaldy :D

Works out at around £27. Cheaper if you have one of those railcard things.

Probably worth it for a hassle free trip.

I have a Railcard and aye it is £17.15,

Get the 9.41 to Perth and the 11 oclock train to Kirkcaldy, getting you in for 11.38 - wee walk to the Novar in time for lunch!

You have sold me on this idea! :)!

I have a Railcard and aye it is £17.15,

Get the 9.41 to Perth and the 11 oclock train to Kirkcaldy, getting you in for 11.38 - wee walk to the Novar in time for lunch!

You have sold me on this idea! :)!

Always good to have fellow Jags fans on the same train as you!!

see you all on saturday.

Any chance of Gerry Britton being at the game?

Would be great if some of his subjects could meet the King of Spain.

If there's any positive to take it's at least we are getting this game out the way while the pitch is just starting to deteriorate. It's our last trip to Starks this season and most teams are still to pay them a visit, including Dunfermline, Morton and Livi. The pitch is only going to get worse.

Hopefully the fact we've got a new management team to impress will pull us over the line on this one. 3 points would set up our trip to Cappielow nicely, especially if Airdrie can take anything against Morton.

"Players will have to realise that they can’t run with the ball or pass it along the ground in certain areas of the pitch." Sounds like it's going to be punt after punt after punt.

If Burkina Faso and Ghana could play well on a sand pitch in the Africa Cup of Nations, then surely the Jags can play well on the mud of Kirkcaldy!