How Big Is Tonight!

Lindau

I'm nervous already! Lets hope it's 3rd time lucky for a thistle win. I know a couple of Morton fans and they still think we'll win the league, lets hope they're right.

Definitely need a good away support next week to watch Archie's first win as manager!

what a load of shite.3 points next week for us,story over.

I think Morton need a win more than us. A draw and we still have the games in hand to try to catch up(plus a game still vs them at Firhill). I know points in the bag is an advantage but we are getting back to full strength, with only Lawless still not fit. Be positive.

My thinking too. I can't quite see all the pessimism. Jags are still in a strong position. We've lost twice to Morton., on each occasion playing for long periods with ten men - and arguably looking the better team. A win or draw at Cappielow and we're in with a really good shout for the title - at best 5 points behind with 3 games in hand. We could therefore afford to lose one of them and still overtake Morton , with a game against them at Firhill to come. And they must surely come a cropper somewhere in their away match programme. ( But we said that about County last year!)

Time to get really behind the team and management

My thinking too. I can't quite see all the pessimism. Jags are still in a strong position. We've lost twice to Morton., on each occasion playing for long periods with ten men - and arguably looking the better team. A win or draw at Cappielow and we're in with a really good shout for the title - at best 5 points behind with 3 games in hand. We could therefore afford to lose one of them and still overtake Morton , with a game against them at Firhill to come. And they must surely come a cropper somewhere in their away match programme. ( But we said that about County last year!)

Time to get really behind the team and management

if your auntie had balls that would be your uncle,ha ha ha

It's 1 game..

Win & we become strong favourites but it doesn't mean we win league!

Morton win likewise.

Draw & status quo remains.

To win the league we have to continue our home form & pick up a few wins on the road.

Saturday would be a good start for those wins to begin but I don't think it's a league decider for either of us- far from it.

In a fortnight's time we will be back top of the league.

We beat Morton next Saturday and they then lose their next match; away to Dunfermline.

We follow up our win at Morton with wins at home over Hamilton and Airdrie United.

Simple. :cheers:

And we will still have two games in hand.

Edited by Tom Hosie
  • Like 3

So far, we have averaged 2 points per game. I think that if we manage to keep that going then we will have 72 points - enough to win the league ? Probably. Even if we can win our home games and draw away, we would get 70 points. Probably still enough. We don't need to win at Morton - a draw is good enough!

Saturday is probably our biggest game since Peterhead away in the playoff final. The prize of promotion is vital to, attempting, to keep the best Thistle team many have seen together. We have been entertained, thrilled and loved the majority of the games we've played in. This is the time for us to rally behind the team and make sure they know we believe.

Morton's home crowds have been piss poor all season, so grab your friends, grab your mum, grab your granny, drag them all along to Cappielow. Let's outnumber them, and outsing them. Let's gather in the WDE and turn it into our "away" shed. Let's turn the atmosphere into Firhill and turn the energy into a Thistle win. If we do our bit brilliantly, then the players will do their bit brilliantly.

I believe!!

Saturday is probably our biggest game since Peterhead away in the playoff final. The prize of promotion is vital to, attempting, to keep the best Thistle team many have seen together. We have been entertained, thrilled and loved the majority of the games we've played in. This is the time for us to rally behind the team and make sure they know we believe.

Morton's home crowds have been piss poor all season, so grab your friends, grab your mum, grab your granny, drag them all along to Cappielow. Let's outnumber them, and outsing them. Let's gather in the WDE and turn it into our "away" shed. Let's turn the atmosphere into Firhill and turn the energy into a Thistle win. If we do our bit brilliantly, then the players will do their bit brilliantly.

I believe!!

A BELIEVE A BELIEVE A BELIE..........a furgooness ache! not again!!!! :happy3:

I was being a bit flippant earlier with my ‘we’ll be top again in a fortnight’ talk but I do believe that the next couple of weeks are really big ones for us.

Eight points looks a big lead and the last couple of weeks have been less than ideal for us.

However, I think we’ve got as wonderful opportunity in front of us in the next couple of weeks and it should be viewed as such.

No fear just belief.

C’mon The Jags

Edited by Tom Hosie

Really looking forward to this one. The Blackpool talisperson will be there in the form of the screaming skull; she's only been to a handful of games but yet to see us lose, and that includes the bunnet era v Hearts in the cup and Gretna away!

We're gonnae totally outsing and outplay this mob despite the havering wee boy's dreams to the contrary above.

Monni Thistle.

I believe in our players and think we may just pull off the impossible

Not before the game hopefully, we need the guys to be 100% fit and concentrated next Saturday!!!.....and what player has the nickname "The Impossible" :shok:

Edited by Lindau

I have to admit, this was the first season in a long while I'd become more optimistic.

But with the manager leaving and our poor away form, I really fear our promotion hopes will end this Saturday. Not that I'll be too disappointed if it does. We've had a great season, seen some fantastic matches and goals and we've got a lot of young talent on show. Plus we've got a cup final to look forward to.

Morton pay twice the wages and play horrendous football. They're support has been pathetic and they won't last in the SPL unless it significantly improves; which will be made all the more funny when they're made to spend £300k on their 'stadium'. I respect what they've achieved this season, but I wouldn't swap they're set up for ours, even if they beat us on Saturday.

Over to the team to prove me wrong. I'll be there (+ 3 friends) assuming we actually get a game on next week.

I'm still stunned and angry in equal measure about how we lost the Boxing Day fixture against Morton. The weird thing is league tables don't lie and they must be doing something right to be top but there is no denying thistle are by far the better footballing team and its because of this I firmly believe that sooner rather than later we will be back where we belong. Mortons luck and p*ss poor brand of football has got to come a cropper soon. Iv got butterflies already about the game and can't wait to be part of the red n yellow army that tears crappielow a new one!!