Gareth Evans ?

Harry Wragg

What chance we could get Evans as a stand in until the end of season at least ? To be honest I'm not too sure that Archie is quite the man just yet !! Evans would re-ignite the flare we had at the start of this campaign and could help us win both the league and the Cup ,after all , he already knows the opposition we are up against !! Any thoughts ?

Not Evans again? Why? He's done nothing to prove he is the man for the job. Are you his son or agent?

he got Livi sitting 4th and playing the 2nd best football in the league this season and we wouldnt have to put up with ugly football for the last 14 games this year , unless of course you have some H*n blood in you and are quite happy to watch crap being played week in week out !!!
  • Like 1

he got Livi sitting 4th and playing the 2nd best football in the league this season and we wouldnt have to put up with ugly football for the last 14 games this year , unless of course you have some H*n blood in you and are quite happy to watch crap being played week in week out !!!

With all due respect...... What the f*ck are you on, or on about?

No thanks. I'm happy to give Archie till the end of the season (at least).

Even if we drop points and Morton get a healthy lead?

Not Evans again? Why? He's done nothing to prove he is the man for the job. Are you his son or agent?

And Archie has yet to prove he is the man for the job. I will give him a chance but the board should be considering alternatives.

Even if we drop points and Morton get a healthy lead?

And Archie has yet to prove he is the man for the job. I will give him a chance but the board should be considering alternatives.

There are plenty of alternatives if it is required but it doesn't need to be Evans. We have Archie the now who deserves backing and if he is not the man for the post then plenty of others before him. If Evans is as good as Harry Wragg and co make out then why on earth was he asked to leave Livingston

There are plenty of alternatives if it is required but it doesn't need to be Evans. We have Archie the now who deserves backing and if he is not the man for the post then plenty of others before him. If Evans is as good as Harry Wragg and co make out then why on earth was he asked to leave Livingston

I did not say that Evans should get the job. He is just one of the alternatives to be considered.

There may have been differences between Evans and the Livingston board. That is an issue for our board to ask Evans about if he is interviewed.

Obviously i hope I'm proved wrong but Archie doesnt cut it for me , he's better on the field than off and gives me that same impression himself from his body language on the touchline , he will without doubt have us playing defensive rather than attacking football and that is just not going to win us the league , we've already lost shape completely so thats why I'm suggesting change at the top !!

As long as we stay in contention for the league I'm sure Archie will remain in charge. I make that 16 league games.

Any new manager deserve a bit of time. McNamara's first season was less than convincing.

That's true.

I make it McNamara's first 16 league games in charge produced results.. 5 wins, 4 draws and 6 defeats. During that time we were dumped out of two cups. Obviously Archie will be expected to do better than that given he's inherited a settled side who win more than they lose. Even so it would be ridiculous to expect a guy new to management to hit the ground running. Yet it looks like Archie will be judged on whether we win the league or not. If Morton continue with their current form/results then that would be harsh on Archie, or indeed any new manager experienced or not.

As long as we stay in contention for the league I'm sure Archie will remain in charge. I make that 16 league games.

That's true.

I make it McNamara's first 16 league games in charge produced results.. 5 wins, 4 draws and 6 defeats. During that time we were dumped out of two cups. Obviously Archie will be expected to do better than that given he's inherited a settled side who win more than they lose. Even so it would be ridiculous to expect a guy new to management to hit the ground running. Yet it looks like Archie will be judged on whether we win the league or not. If Morton continue with their current form/results then that would be harsh on Archie, or indeed any new manager experienced or not.

Archie's appointment is a big gamble. The board are staking promotion (and the financial gains that it would bring) on a "guy new to management". Presumably the compensation for McNamara is not being spent on his replacement.

Edited by kni

Archie's appointment is a big gamble. The board are staking promotion (and the financial gains that it would bring) on a "guy new to management". Presumably the compensation for McNamara is not being spent on his replacement.

ANYBODY coming in at this stage would be a big gamble. Even Fergie. Archie has won us 7 points from 9 so far. I'm truly baffled why anybody would actively want to ditch him and Shaggy at this stage of the season to parachute somebody else in, and there is nobody available who would CLEARLY do a better job.

Edited by Jaggernaut
  • Like 2

ANYBODY coming in at this stage would be a big gamble. Even Fergie. Archie has won us 7 points from 9 so far. I'm truly baffled why anybody would actively want to ditch him and Shaggy at this stage of the season to parachute somebody else in, and there is nobody available who would CLEARLY do a better job.

I am not saying that Archie should be ditched, just that there should be a contingency plan if results deteriorate quickly. Unless you have a list of the applicants and their CVs, you can't say that there is "nobody available who would clearly do a better job".

• Like 1

I hope Tom is not reading this as it appears nobody read Saturday's programme (certainly not David Beattie's page).

The club have received 40 applications, the Board will wittle that down to around 12 then use contacts within the game to get more info on those and if they are the right fit for the club. That will reduce the number down to about 6 (Archie will be one of them) and they will all be interviewed and the best one selected. There is no fixed timescale for this.

I hope Tom is not reading this as it appears nobody read Saturday's programme (certainly not David Beattie's page).

The club have received 40 applications, the Board will wittle that down to around 12 then use contacts within the game to get more info on those and if they are the right fit for the club. That will reduce the number down to about 6 (Archie will be one of them) and they will all be interviewed and the best one selected. There is no fixed timescale for this.

Thanks for that as I missed the game. It a sensible approach but, with a few other clubs also looking managers, they cannot afford to have a lengthy process.