Stewarding And Police Yesterday

ian_mac

Was great to see Lance and Jim stepping in yesterday when the stewards and police were trying to eject a group of young boys all of whom were 12-13 at the oldest. When all was said and done the police admitted no laws were being broken but were seething that they didn't get to eject the lads. It seems to me that things at firhill this season are going a little TOO well for some folk. I think it's becoming apparent that we don't need all these police officers and stewards, such is the inprovement in matchday operations this season. Obviously that affects the amount off money being taken out of the club by certain organisations. Hence the reason why every single thing is being turned into a crime scene - all these guys trying to prove that they are needed.

None of these young lads are older than 13 years old. Had Jim and Lance not been there the boys would almost certainly have been ejected. Several young lads possibly lost as fans for life.

• Like 1

None of these young lads are older than 13 years old.

I know I'm selectively quoting and missing the point of your original post, but was that in the North Stand? If so I thought the authorities only allowed us to use the North Stand for home fans if it was over 16s only?

The only thing I noticed was the D'ton fans getting a talking to next to the stairs between the last two sections of the JHS. Mind you I was at the other end of the North Stand from where you were. At half time the two polis seemed quite cheery.

It was in the JHS.

A Dumbarton fan in his 50s or 60s seemed to get very upset at 4 or 5 wee kids celebrating onto the stairs beside the away section at our second goal.

He was talking to the police and stewards and pointing at the kids... Next thing you know the police and stewards are out in force!

Could see lance sitting down talking to the kids and Jim talking to the police. Getting it resolved.

I seem to remember a group of kids and some Dumbarton fans having a go at each other, but there was nothing series. Glad someone was able to intervene and diffuse the situation before it got any more serious.

I do have to question the logic of having the fans that close to each other. You're just inviting those kinds of incidents, which could get serious in the case of a big crowd. Perhaps a few rows of seats and some steps should be set aside for segregation.

It was in the JHS.

A Dumbarton fan in his 50s or 60s seemed to get very upset at 4 or 5 wee kids celebrating onto the stairs beside the away section at our second goal.

He was talking to the police and stewards and pointing at the kids... Next thing you know the police and stewards are out in force!

Could see lance sitting down talking to the kids and Jim talking to the police. Getting it resolved.

What a tit! Is no-one allowed to have fun at fitba any more? Just cos his day was ruined, he tries to ruin someone elses. At his age, he should know better.

As for the polis, if they were actually threatening wee boys with ejection for a bit of over-exuberance in celebrating a goal, they're a disgrace too. Every time a goal is scored by a team, there are always some fans giving it yeeha to the opposing fans - it's banter and part and parcel of football.

Or is that now classed as Offensive Behaviour at Football???

• Like 2

What a tit! Is no-one allowed to have fun at fitba any more? Just cos his day was ruined, he tries to ruin someone elses. At his age, he should know better.

As for the polis, if they were actually threatening wee boys with ejection for a bit of over-exuberance in celebrating a goal, they're a disgrace too. Every time a goal is scored by a team, there are always some fans giving it yeeha to the opposing fans - it's banter and part and parcel of football.

Or is that now classed as Offensive Behaviour at Football???

Well said Col.

Just to re-iterate - the police weren't just warning the boys, they were intent and adamant that they were to be ejected. It was only the intervention of Lance, backed by Jim, that stopped this from happening.

Those stupid polis must have felt like real tough guys in front of the weans.

Good that the club's reps got them to back off, but I expect that they'll be seething and now on a mission to cause trouble. Make no mistake, that's how what passes for their "mind" works.

Edited to add: The polis, that is,...not the weans!

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Yeah. Nearly always wears a black Thistle jumper and grey joggies.

Seems to make every game with his wee pal. He loves the Jags

The current term for the joggies is "jobbycatchers".

There were reports his light grey efforts on Saturday were seen from space.

• Like 1