Well Done Boys

jagielka

Scrappy game on a terrible pitch but what a great victory. Christie Elliots loan spell has sharpened him up 100% and what a sublime finish. Archie and Shaggy deserve to get the gig now,,,why are we waiting? They have installed a win ugly attitude into the squad. 6 games/5 wins, 16 points from 18 and 5 consecutive clean sheets. Not quite sure why the board arent giving them the nod. Even if we dont go up this season I hope the two of them get the job for next season

Edited by Lindau

Scrappy game on a terrible pitch but what a great victory. Christie Elliots loan spell has sharpened him up 100% and what a sublime finish. Archie and Shaggy deserve to get the gig now,,,why are we waiting? They have installed a win ugly attitude into the squad. 5 games/4 wins, 13 points from 15 and 4 consecutive clean sheets. Not quite sure why the board arent giving them the nod. Even if we dont go up this season I hope the two of them get the job for next season

Fully agree but Archie has had 6 games, with 5 wins and 5 clean sheets.

Fully agree but Archie has had 6 games, with 5 wins and 5 clean sheets.

Just testing TC haha...now sorted ...so bloody cold at that game today, I forgot all about it!! All that matters is Archie and Shaggy are doing a great job and should be rewarded with the job now!!

Edited by Lindau

Fox had 3 great saves - but that was all he had to do.

O'Donnell is findin it tough under Archie's more defensive attitude

Muirhead. My MOTM today

Balatoni. Struggled with underfoot conditions early but then had a great game.

Sinclair also struggled early but improved

Forbes. What do you say about Forbes. Doesn't seem to get involved and then pings in the perfect corner

Bannigan. Was pretty quiet today. Was he looking ahead to his under 21 game?

Lawless. This guy just never gives up.

Welsh. Almost forgot him. Should have been sent off near the end for a Murrayesque head but.

Erskine always dangerous on the ball

Craig. Puts himself about very effectively and put a lot of pressure on their centre backs

Subs. Craigen again was pretty good when he came on

Elliot. Superb goal to seal the win

Doolan. Not getting enough game time.

Never thought I would say this but Christie Elliott was superb when he came on. Fantastic goal and his willingness and effort was brilliant. First half was dodgy and accies number 7 had sinky wrangled but I thought second half was great. Had erskine not missed that sitter it could have been even more.

Only negatives were welsh's passing which is god awful and sinclairs lack of focus at times but apart from that a fantastic result and effort all round. Keep it up Archie.

Gritty win, draw would have been fair result prob so to win 2-0 is credit to the boys.

Foxy played well, as did muirhead. Didnt think balatoni had a great 1st half, but came on to a game in 2nd game.

O'donnell is suffering a crisis in confidence if you ask me, really looking low on form.

Bannigan had a good game, forbes and welsh anonymous, though good delivery from forbes for goal from balatoni. Liked the look of craigen again when he came on. Lawless motm for me, craig and erskine kept relatively quiet too. But like i say, if we can win away 2-0 without paying great then archie deserves great credit!

Edit- 2nd week in a row with an impressive elliot from the bench

Edited by chunky jag
  • Like 1

Still get the impression that he is still not 100% after his injury and the same applies to Sean Welsh

Agreed, was blowing out the wrong end after 60 mins or so but keeping him on is exactly what he needs...

Great player, on his day the best we have, patience will pay off - until his inevitable move to Dundee unt (spit)

Welsh. Almost forgot him. Should have been sent off near the end for a Murrayesque head but.

I hope this shuts people up about Murray. This was far worse and the fact he was nearly fighting Balatoni to get involved with the Accies player after clearly aiming a headbutt (not a mere slight square up) was stupidity beyond belief, and not the first time this season he has lacked discipline.

The foul had been given to us, we were cruising and instead of just keeping the head and walking away he reacts like that and gets Muirhead booked too in the commotion after.

We need everyone at this stage and he could have had a multiple game ban if the ref had made the right call. I really feared the worse when the linesman called the ref over.

Lucky boy. Nearly took the shine off a great result and good performance second half - Lawless, Muirhead and Balatoni were standouts.

Fox had 3 great saves - but that was all he had to do.

O'Donnell is findin it tough under Archie's more defensive attitude

Muirhead. My MOTM today

Balatoni. Struggled with underfoot conditions early but then had a great game.

Sinclair also struggled early but improved

Forbes. What do you say about Forbes. Doesn't seem to get involved and then pings in the perfect corner

Bannigan. Was pretty quiet today. Was he looking ahead to his under 21 game?

Lawless. This guy just never gives up.

Erskine always dangerous on the ball

Craig. Puts himself about very effectively and put a lot of pressure on their centre backs

Subs. Craigen again was pretty good when he came on

Elliot. Superb goal to seal the win

Doolan. Not getting enough game time.

Not for me. Bannigan has been an utter hero this season and I thought he had a great game today. Full of running and crisp, intellegent passing. The boy is not only a machine but IMO one of the biggest assets the club has.

Lawless was superb as well today, should have had 2 assists instead of just one.

Credit to Ballatoni today as well, not only for the goal but also for saving Welsh from what looked like a certain red card.

Have to say what a pleasure it is this season watching this group of players play. In the 10 years I've been watching this club play, no season has come close to this one in terms of quality.

I love this team!

• Like 2

Thought we were lucky not to concede today on several occasions (great save from Fox) - but all in all, a 2-0 away win on that pitch is a superb result. We were also lucky not to go down to 10 men after the fighting started. Balatoni did very well to block Welsh (I think it was) from having a square go. All in all, a very pleasing afternoon.

Dreadful home support too - you could hear the sweetie wrappers rustling in the main stand when the Thistle fans paused form singing, even when the score was 0-0 in the first half.

Un-clichéd by not taking one game at a time but our next 4 games will make or break promotion for us.

If we can go into the Morton game 4 points ahead I'm sure we will win the league irrespective of the Morton result.

Ermm, you wont . . . . & . . . . . . you wont :thumbsup2:

If indeed we do "score when we want" then those were two of the best timed goals of the season - just before half time and then with 15 mins to go to kill off the game.

A thoroughly professional performance, Hamilton to be fair played some pretty decent football and will feel hard done by not to have at least scored.

2 thoughts from today's game - firstly Archie might actually be a better reader of a game than Jackie, his substitutions are more effective and the team generally sorts out tactics and copes more efficiently as the game goes on (poss something Archie learnt from the mighty Lambie). Also the team spirit genuinely looks to be amazing - the way the players celebrated Elliot's goal was great, they were ecstatic and truly delighted for the guy.

Bannigan was of course excellent.

• Like 1

Agreed I thought bannigan was quiet first half but second he was all over the place and don't forget covers his and forbes ground due to forbes lack of effort. I think craigan also deserves a mention as he covered a ton of ground and kept the ball well today, he also took some decent corners.

Archie definitely makes changes faster than jackie, great to see and most of the time the subs are spot on.

I hope this shuts people up about Murray. This was far worse and the fact he was nearly fighting Balatoni to get involved with the Accies player after clearly aiming a headbutt (not a mere slight square up) was stupidity beyond belief, and not the first time this season he has lacked discipline.

The foul had been given to us, we were cruising and instead of just keeping the head and walking away he reacts like that and gets Muirhead booked too in the commotion after.

We need everyone at this stage and he could have had a multiple game ban if the ref had made the right call. I really feared the worse when the linesman called the ref over.

Lucky boy. Nearly took the shine off a great result and good performance second half - Lawless, Muirhead and Balatoni were standouts.

What you say about Balatoni reminds me of a thought I had after that incident. We've been giving the 'old hands' Craig, Erskine, Paton and Murray the captain's armband. But I thought Balatoni's actions with Welsh, probably saving him from a sending off, showed that of the young players he could most easily handle being captain. I've often seen him encouraging the team too. He plays in a good position for captain too.