Well Done Boys

jagielka

Murray is a senior player and had already been booked. He should have known better.

I agree Welsh shouldn't have responded the way he did either, and that he was lucky to stay on, but that particular indiscipline doesn't erase Shug's.

Only 11 games to go (including the Ramsden's) and they'll be coming in a compressed time-frame. It's staying a very tight race and we need everyone available and exhibiting strong discipline. As I said, I'm sure Archie will impress that on all the players regardless of seniority.

I'm not trying to erase Shug's indiscipline.

My point is that some posters here have stated before games after Cappielow they are glad he is not playing because he's supposedly a thug.

I'm pointing out the double standards and hoping they will now give it a rest. We need everybody.

Giving out the stats for Welsh is all well and good; totally useless for the team if he gets himself sent off and a ban for sheer stupidity. Again.

Edited by 1876Jag

Giving out the stats for Welsh is all well and good; totally useless for the team if he gets himself sent off and a ban for sheer stupidity. Again.

It wasn't to defend his indiscipline.

Just seems every match thread I go into people are saying Welsh is off the boil, when I think the reality is quite different. There's a reason we do better with him in the side.

Just seems every match thread I go into people are saying Welsh is off the boil, when I think the reality is quite different. There's a reason we do better with him in the side.

Agree entirely. To be fair to his critics I think they might feel he's in the team to perform a different role than what he's chosen for.

On a similar note I feel Forbes has come under the spotlight more since the absence of Paton. It's easier for Welsh & Bannigan to adapt or take on additional defensive responsibilities. Forbes's shortcomings are just more evident but he rarely fails to contribute and thus justifies his inclusion. .

Agree entirely. To be fair to his critics I think they might feel he's in the team to perform a different role than what he's chosen for.

On a similar note I feel Forbes has come under the spotlight more since the absence of Paton. It's easier for Welsh & Bannigan to adapt or take on additional defensive responsibilities. Forbes's shortcomings are just more evident but he rarely fails to contribute and thus justifies his inclusion. .

Just what I was thinking. At the start of the season, before Forbes was fit enough to play regularly for us, Welsh had a more attacking role (part of the attacking part of midfield with Lawless and Erskine). Now that Paton and Murray are out he is playing in the defensive part of midfield and doesn't get the same attacking opportunities as before and some folk are thinking because of this something is lacking in his game.

Forbes actually can work harder and press the ball but he doesn't seem to last 90 minutes. But we all know the reasons why this is. If we re-signed him on wages that let him drop the night-shift and gave him a proper pre-season I think we might have an even better player there.

When you look at some of the players we've acquired, like Erskine, Forbes, Doolan, Muirhead, etc. it just shows that there still is good Scottish talent about, if you really look for it and are willing to spend time improving players. Too many years of rubbish foreigners on inflated wages methinks.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 1

When you look at some of the players we've acquired, like Erskine, Forbes, Doolan, Muirhead, etc. it just shows that there still is good Scottish talent about, if you really look for it and are willing to spend time improving players. Too many years of rubbish foreigners on inflated wages methinks.

Well said. We've even delved into that mindset ourselves, getting much more dross (Anis, Mooc, Dave-the-U, Bonnes, Madaschi, Klein, Cadette!!!) than good players (Jacobs, Lindau). Ramon and Sentala probably also make it into the "good guy" category, and Chiarini at a stretch.

Well said. We've even delved into that mindset ourselves, getting much more dross (Anis, Mooc, Dave-the-U, Bonnes, Madaschi, Klein, Cadette!!!) than good players (Jacobs, Lindau). Ramon and Sentala probably also make it into the "good guy" category, and Chiarini at a stretch.

Jean Yves has to be a good guy for his sheer entertainment value.