The Jags' Trust

twinny

I think the suggestion that the name the Jags Trust needs to go would be a good starting point to any change. I think people just switch off when they hear the name as it has been such a wishy-washy organisation for long enough now.

There's no doubt strides have been made in recent years, and I don't know how much of this was down to Keiron, but if the Trust/Supporters Organisation is to be taken seriously it needs a complete revamp and to be marketed in a professional and consistent manner.

The fact that we're being told today that minutes for the April and June meetings will be available soon says it all to me.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not a problem - you have a general meeting of members so that everyone know what's to be discussed and let them decide. For any decisions that might be seen as controversial or, more importantly, impacting on the relationship with the football club that would always be the best way to approach. It doesn't need to be something that's dealt with exclusively in the Trust Board, although in many instances that would be a legitimate way to deal with it - it would perhaps lack the force that a more widely based decision would have.

To be clear, I'm not talking about specific cornerstone decisions, rather the outlook, approach and composition of the Trust Board.

SOme good posts above, along the lines of:

...For me though I'm thinking it's better to have a voice than no voice and everyone should try and get involved...

Surely it's a case of "sh!t or get of the pot"? If, like me, you are just a passive member with neither the time nor inclination to do little more than pay your annual sub, fine; however, if you want the trust to do more or to move in a different direction, then get involved - rather than just coming on the forum and having a whine!

Surely it's a case of "sh!t or get of the pot"? If, like me, you are just a passive member with neither the time nor inclination to do little more than pay your annual sub, fine; however, if you want the trust to do more or to move in a different direction, then get involved - rather than just coming on the forum and having a whine!

What about folk who were involved, giving their own opinion into matters only to be told "yeah, but you don't have a vote". What sort of attitude is that?, there lies the problem.

Until certain folk in Trust have a serious reality check on their attitude towards folk who may not have such an influential role as themselves then I don't expect a major influx of new people joining.

There are good people in the Trust, it's a shame actions from other tarnishes the work they do.

What about folk who were involved, giving their own opinion into matters only to be told "yeah, but you don't have a vote". What sort of attitude is that?, there lies the problem.

Until certain folk in Trust have a serious reality check on their attitude towards folk who may not have such an influential role as themselves then I don't expect a major influx of new people joining.

There are good people in the Trust, it's a shame actions from other tarnishes the work they do.

Aw do you want everyone to love each other? The past is the past and nothing can change it, but what do we do about the future :wall::wall:

Tell me this, who are the ones who are needing "a serious reality check on their attatude towards folk"? Come on, lets get to the heart of the problem because I have read this line a few times over the past few days and am pretty clueless about what its meant to mean.

Tell me this, who are the ones who are needing "a serious reality check on their attatude towards folk"? Come on, lets get to the heart of the problem because I have read this line a few times over the past few days and am pretty clueless about what its meant to mean.

I think it's pretty obvious what it means. Why are you so interested in who these specific people are, anyway?

Some posters have had first hand experience through being a member, being a Trust Board member, or talking to certain people linked to the Trust Board.

Maybe you should put yourself up to be co-opted, formulate your own opinion and come back and tell everyone that through your own experience, you would disagree? :thumbsup2:

There is no doubt that people with their own experience have formed an opinion. I would suggest looking into the history of the Trust Board members over the last 5 years, from the Board who didn't work by the rules of the constituition, to those who threw them out, to those who took up the first reformed Trust Board and the Trust Boards since then to the present date.

Look at the Board Rep's who have served the Trust members, of course taking out the nutter on an ego trip and the guy who worked his socks off for the greater good of the Club and the Trust.

If you look at these two things, you'll notice a common theme, be it a bus, a group of people, or their links to one certain person.

Once you can answer that, you prety much have the answer to the majority of folks fears for the Trust, how it's being run, and who runs it.

I think it's pretty obvious what it means. Why are you so interested in who these specific people are, anyway?

Some posters have had first hand experience through being a member, being a Trust Board member, or talking to certain people linked to the Trust Board.

Maybe you should put yourself up to be co-opted, formulate your own opinion and come back and tell everyone that through your own experience, you would disagree? :thumbsup2:

There is no doubt that people with their own experience have formed an opinion. I would suggest looking into the history of the Trust Board members over the last 5 years, from the Board who didn't work by the rules of the constituition, to those who threw them out, to those who took up the first reformed Trust Board and the Trust Boards since then to the present date.

Look at the Board Rep's who have served the Trust members, of course taking out the nutter on an ego trip and the guy who worked his socks off for the greater good of the Club and the Trust.

If you look at these two things, you'll notice a common theme, be it a bus, a group of people, or their links to one certain person.

Once you can answer that, you prety much have the answer to the majority of folks fears for the Trust, how it's being run, and who runs it.

I wouldnt disagree with any of that (except your first sentence), I want to know more because I dont know much about the Jags Trust prior to 2 years ago. I want to know the answers to ther questions you ask, and others besides, so I ask...simple, no?

I also asked because all this 'certain people' talk makes it unclear to those of us not in the know who is being referred to, if folk dont want to say publically but wouldnt mind answering the question then the PM feature can be put to use.

I will be in the kiosk in the North Concorse, between sections 6 & 7, from 2.30 (possibly earlier but certainly no later) until 2.55 on Saturday if anyone wants to come along for a chat about any and all things Trust related (dare I say even join up).

Edited by Fawlty Towers

I joined/subcribed to the JT last weekend. No snail mail or email confirmation bar Paypal confirmation so far. Is there a confirmaton mail or just official correspondence as and when it happens?

Ta much

Al

Out of curiosity, when you went through the Paypal process on the website, did Paypal attempt to redirect you to our old site (an alligator and an error page would have come up)?

I can't remember if the old site triggered an email confirmation but I'll follow-up to see if we can get it set-up to do that so people know for sure they're signed-up.

I'd imagine your membership pack should be going out in a batch with the others at some point soon, but if you want to PM me your details in the mean-time, I can double-check with the Membership Roster to see that your membership has been processed.

Out of curiosity, when you went through the Paypal process on the website, did Paypal attempt to redirect you to our old site (an alligator and an error page would have come up)?

I can't remember if the old site triggered an email confirmation but I'll follow-up to see if we can get it set-up to do that so people know for sure they're signed-up.

I'd imagine your membership pack should be going out in a batch with the others at some point soon, but if you want to PM me your details in the mean-time, I can double-check with the Membership Roster to see that your membership has been processed.

Yeah think it was an error page? To be honest no hurry with the pack, just curiosity lol.

Will PM you my paypal details anyway just to be sure :)

Many Thanks!!

Al

• Members

I had an email from Paypal last week saying the Trusts account was being restricted because details hadn't been confirmed or something like that. I'd been trying for over a year to try and get someone to sort it out so that these emails stopped coming to me and gave up. So I wouldn't hold my breath if you think it will be sorted out easily WJ.

I had an email from Paypal last week saying the Trusts account was being restricted because details hadn't been confirmed or something like that. I'd been trying for over a year to try and get someone to sort it out so that these emails stopped coming to me and gave up. So I wouldn't hold my breath if you think it will be sorted out easily WJ.

Am I right in saying it was you that set it up for the ebay auctions?

It may be that we'd be better creating a new Trust email account and shutting down the other one completely.