Brian Graham

Lindau

Quoted in todays Record

"I hope Morton go on and win the title. I will go out against Partick Thistle and hopefully score again"

Mmmm doesnt sound like someone who has, or is considering, signing a contract with us or is it a smokescreen???

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Just spoke to Brian's agent, the one and only Mark Cairns.

He said that this story is has been taken out of context. Brian was talking about Andreas Thom and his friendship with Jimmy Crease the ex Berwick manager.

• Like 1

Quoted in todays Record

"I hope Morton go on and win the title. I will go out against Partick Thistle and hopefully score again"

Mmmm doesnt sound like someone who has, or is considering, signing a contract with us or is it a smokescreen???

Where was it rumoured he was signing a contract with us in the first place?

Just spoke to Brian's agent, the one and only Mark Cairns.

He said that this story is has been taken out of context. Brian was talking about Andreas Thom and his friendship with Jimmy Crease the ex Berwick manager.

So he doesn't want Morton to win the league or he isn't signing for Thistle?

Guest fredthecheesecloth

So he doesn't want Morton to win the league or he isn't signing for Thistle?

He hates us with a passion. He mentioned he got a tattoo saying I H8 PTFC next to his one that says YOLO.

Read it today,sounds like a player wanting his old team to win the league. Not so outrageous!

Would be surprised if Graham said he wanted Morton to with the league. He is very unpopular with Morton fans (wasn't liked by the fans even when he was at the club, by all accounts an unpleasant and arrogant guy) and loves nothing more than rubbing it in when he scores against us. He said something to Tidser after he scored his O.G. on Saturday which Tidser was raging about.. beyond banter.

Even if he was the best striker in Scotland I don't think he'd be welcome back at Cappielow. He was rotten for us anyway!

He is very unpopular with Morton fans (wasn't liked by the fans even when he was at the club, by all accounts an unpleasant and arrogant guy) and loves nothing more than rubbing it in when he scores against us. He said something to Tidser after he scored his O.G. on Saturday which Tidser was raging about.. beyond banter.

Even if he was the best striker in Scotland I don't think he'd be welcome back at Cappielow. He was rotten for us anyway!

I was saying something along the same lines on the way back from the game tonight. He's evidently a decent player but I'm not sure I'd want him at Firhill. He seems like quite a selfish player and doesn't seem like he would fit in at all well with the team ethic we've got going just now. I also get the same impression from Stevie May. Hard to argue with their performances this season, though.

I was saying something along the same lines on the way back from the game tonight. He's evidently a decent player but I'm not sure I'd want him at Firhill. He seems like quite a selfish player and doesn't seem like he would fit in at all well with the team ethic we've got going just now. I also get the same impression from Stevie May. Hard to argue with their performances this season, though.

I've seen hundreds of players turn out for Morton over the years.. and Brian Graham was one of my least favourites. By no means the worst, although he has certainly improved since he left Morton. There was just something about him, his body language/apparent attitude on the pitch... found it very difficult to like the guy! He seems to think he is a bit of a superstar... not someone that is going to do enything for team spirit. Avoid.

Edited by greenton

Decent player but sure there's better out there, his lack of mobility would probably be a factor against bigger, stronger & quicker defenders that'd he'd face if he played in the SPL.

There's no doubt he caused us trouble tonight and he could easily have scored or assisted in a goal. I don't think tho' he'd get away with a lot of his rather, to put it mildly, unsubtle gamesmanship in the SPL. The TV cameras would highlight most of that and refs would be too aware of him. If he was a few years younger I might have a different view. Maybe I'm alone in thinking Spence could have more to offer.