Aaron (Redcard) Muirhead

Willjag

Aero has nothing to apologise for [and] my only regret is that he didn't smash him harder.

Muirhead has been a hero all season and is even more of one now in my eyes.

Rubbish. Do what he did in the amateur game and you'd get a massive ban. Personally I would have preferred it if he'd scored, we'd won the game and he was available for the rest of the season, but if missing a pen then 'smashing' someone floats your boat so be it.

Edited by One t in Scotland
  • Like 1

Hugh Murray got ..... all sorts of abuse about his wife

Really? I don't remember that, but I'll take your word and agree that would be well out of order.

I think people are maybe taking the fact there was TV coverage too far. The ref saw what happened and red-carded him. He would have put that in his report and it would have brought an extra punishment. If anything, the video might help as it does show the provocation which the ref presumably missed as he did nothing about the Queens players who kicked it off.

Rubbish. Do what he did in the amateur game and you'd get a massive ban. Personally I would have preferred it if he'd scored, we'd won the game and he was available for the rest of the season, but if missing a pen then 'smashing' someone floats your boat so be it.

Maybe players in the amateur game dont go screaming in the face of their opponent?

Goes without saying that everyone would have preferred him to score the pen. A daft thing to say!

I'd love to see how you would react in the heat of the moment under those circumstances.

• Members

Maybe players in the amateur game dont go screaming in the face of their opponent?

Goes without saying that everyone would have preferred him to score the pen. A daft thing to say!

I'd love to see how you would react in the heat of the moment under those circumstances.

:D I know exactly how he would have reacted after playing amateur football with him for what must have been well over 10 years? I think the rest of the team were gobsmacked one day when One T got a yellow card for talking back to the ref! At the polar opposite though..... :lol:

Aye the amateur game is a bastion of good manners and etiquette.

The thought of head butting a passing dog walker when I realised I had a 30 minute walk ahead of me before I could escape that shitehole did cross my mind admittedly.

Aye the amateur game is a bastion of good manners and etiquette.

The thought of head butting a passing dog walker when I realised I had a 30 minute walk ahead of me before I could escape that shitehole did cross my mind admittedly.

I want to head butt Higgins, their goalkeeper and Johnston even now and no one was screaming in my face.

If anyone need a swift head butt it was those *****.

Lets hope the sfa look at all the facts Aaro being from Dumfries was booed from warm up to the sending off

Which was real pressure that I believe he conducted himself well until the final provocation and his reaction

He has apologised to Higgins qos and all his fans,players,Archie all thistle staff.

Higgins has stated he provoked him badly and shoul give full statement to the sfa as a fellow pro in support of his embarrassing actions with several of his teammates

Aaro is a good person and needs a,ll supporters pulling one way and support him get a fair ban that would be the correct penalty and allow this situation move on.

We hope he gets the chance to continue to develop with Thistle and be a key player for us in the future and we don't lose him to a ban that is to severe to an unfortunate incident.

Nobody's Fault Butt Mine

Prelude to a Glasgow Kiss

I Got Plenty of Nut In

I haven't read all of the posts but wasn't Duncan Ferguson jailed for, if I recall correctly, a failed head butt? I thought the ref' should have done more to hand out discipline to some of the Queen's players for incitement but it obviously was a straight red and Muirhead's heat of the moment actions can't be condoned. Just glad there's no talk of reports going to fiscals etc.

I haven't read all of the posts but wasn't Duncan Ferguson jailed for, if I recall correctly, a failed head butt? I thought the ref' should have done more to hand out discipline to some of the Queen's players for incitement but it obviously was a straight red and Muirhead's heat of the moment actions can't be condoned. Just glad there's no talk of reports going to fiscals etc.

I still maintain that if the ref (Kenny Clark i think) had done his job & sent Drunken Duncan off that day it would never have got near court. Once it did his previous criminal record was bound to go against him

It was a very costly mistake, for sure, and while I can't say I hope he gets a proper punishment I do think he should. Yes, he was provoked and yes he'll get a greater ban because the TV cameras and SFL bigwigs were there, but you can't possibly defend what he did. If you did that in the real world you would be done for assault, and as a professional player who kids will idolise the SFA have to set an example.

Hopefully spending the rest of the season in the stand will teach him a lesson and he'll calm down in the future.

There is no way we can contest the punishment, we all know Muirhead quite clearly headbutted the guy. Unless of course they opt for a ridiculous 16 game ban.

That was me, it was a joke. Though it was supposed to highlight how stupid the idea of concurrent bans are.

Yes, I remember it happened but I don't remember the circumstances.

The notice of complaint says we have until Wednesday to respond before hearing on Thursday so would imagine the club will get the chance to put something forward.

As far your other point about concurrent, yeah totally got what you meant but that's where their (SFA) whole disciplinary system can be taken apart, twisted & suited BUT only if you can afford the £000s to hire the lawyers to do so.

Muirhead was guilty & deserves the punishment of the initial ban but what happens to Higgins? What happens to the boy who, in my view, deliberately led with his elbow into Erskine's back?

What happens to Crawford Allan after his failure to issue Robinson with a second yellow during the shoot out, despite him saying on numerous occasions (according to Robinson) that he would?

They make it up as they go along which is the most worrying aspect.

i was behind the goal and i cant tell you how much i wanted to nut that bloke - but it isnt right is it?

But have you seen the TV footage? The QoS guy who went down as if he was dead but then got a whisper in his ear from their Teflon goalie (6 yellow cards???)

Just watch this video and keep your eye on the QoS bloke and ignore the melee. He is at it and even worse, tried to make it even worse for Muirhead.

plonker:

I'm not in anyway condoning Aaron's behaviour on Sunday - definitely a red card, no excuses. But the way Higgins - QotS club captain remember- gets right in his face is pretty close to a red card itself I would say. A more seasoned pro (Craig Dargo, for instance) might have chosen that point to fall to the ground holding his face and having a wee roll about just for good measure.

I don't think Muirhead is even a particularly hot-headed or impetuous player either - his sending off in the cup was inspired by Dargo being 'clever' as he and his manager admitted. I don't know about the Raith game but it was two yellow cards, which sounds remarkably restrained for such a 'thug'. In addition how many yellows has Muirhead got so far this season? I don't know (haven't looked) but I think he probably now has more reds than yellows against him. Rash? Yes. Regrettable? Definitely. Thuggish? Don't think so.

There is a chance that Thistle may be fined by the SFA for their poor disciplinary record this year. Hearts were fined £100,000 for five red cards in a season although they had previous with 10 reds in the season before.

Thanks for taking an interest! :thumbsup:

Edited by Trotter

The notice of complaint says we have until Wednesday to respond before hearing on Thursday so would imagine the club will get the chance to put something forward.

As far your other point about concurrent, yeah totally got what you meant but that's where their (SFA) whole disciplinary system can be taken apart, twisted & suited BUT only if you can afford the £000s to hire the lawyers to do so.

Muirhead was guilty & deserves the punishment of the initial ban but what happens to Higgins? What happens to the boy who, in my view, deliberately led with his elbow into Erskine's back?

What happens to Crawford Allan after his failure to issue Robinson with a second yellow during the shoot out, despite him saying on numerous occasions (according to Robinson) that he would?

They make it up as they go along which is the most worrying aspect.

**this^^

I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but the facts of the head butt have to be looked at on their own.

There's no doubting the provocation, which should have been punished with a yellow card, and some posters on here have said how hard it would be not to react the way he did. Posssibly for a lot of people, but it has to be remembered that he is a professional, and has to accept the fact that some abuse will be directed at him, but that's still no excuse for vioent conduct. This was also an assault, and just because it happened during a football match, again, is no excuse.

Had he yelled back, then both would have had a possible yellow card or a blasting from the ref.

I know first hand about being provoked, and over the years have had plenty of players yelling in my face, and I took appropriate action. If a ref was to head butt a player who had provoked him, do you think as many people who are on here defending Aaron Muirhead would defend a ref.

Don't get me wrong, I'm gutted Thistle lost, but the reaction was the wrong way to go about things.

• Members

There's no doubting the provocation, which should have been punished with a yellow card,

I think this is why so many folk are pissed off about the whole thing. Higgins has got off with what should have been a yellow card. I thought the ref handled the situation very poorly. Considering all that happenedto have ONLY seen the headbutt shows that his observation was very poor. His assistant on the other hand at least observed other things going on and was able to point out Elliott and another QOS player that got involved in the fracas which resulted in them getting carded. The Referee had a shocker and shouldn't get anywhere near a Cup Final again.
  • Like 1

I think this is why so many folk are pissed off about the whole thing. Higgins has got off with what should have been a yellow card. I thought the ref handled the situation very poorly. Considering all that happenedto have ONLY seen the headbutt shows that his observation was very poor. His assistant on the other hand at least observed other things going on and was able to point out Elliott and another QOS player that got involved in the fracas which resulted in them getting carded. The Referee had a shocker and shouldn't get anywhere near a Cup Final again.

& on the subject of the ref, don't forget that it was Robinson (QOTS Keeper) that said Allan kept saying he'd book him again but that he knew he wouldn't- as was case.

Muirhead was wrong. He's been punished but as been mentioned previously if game not in TV it's extremely unlikely to go any further.

However it was, & if further punishments are to be handed out then Higgins & Crawford Allan should both be hung out to dry publicly also imo.

Same old story, no consistency.

Edited by Trotter

I ******* despise Queen of the South and Alan Johnstone, possibly worse than the OF.

They are a vile, vile team. If they would have won the game fairly then so be it but the actions of the players and Chris Higgins in particular were a disgrace. To do that to fellow professionals is one of the worse things I have even seen in football.

I would laugh gleefully if they even went out of business.

The thing I am gutted about was not winning on penalties to get it round the ******* pieces of shit.

As a Queens fan I've been reading round the usual forums enjoying all the pre-match banter. Had some good crack with many Thistle fans in the pub before the game can understand most of the reaction from most websites I've been on after the game. However, I'm astounded by the above post. As a fan of a lower league club I understand the state of the game in this country and try my best to support clubs when we play them away from home. If we were to go out of business then it would be a sad day for Scottish football as we are one of the few who are able to keep our heads above the water.If we were gone then many others would be away before us.Partick Thistle is one of the few clubs I've been happy to go on my own without mates,some food and bevvy in the Aitken Suite and a bit of banter with old Lambie.If this is the kind of feeling towards us (vile and bigoted???)as a club and its fans then I'll be giving you a miss from now on,although probably not next year unless things go tits up for you. I do, however, wish you luck tonight.

• Like 2

As a Queens fan I've been reading round the usual forums enjoying all the pre-match banter. Had some good crack with many Thistle fans in the pub before the game can understand most of the reaction from most websites I've been on after the game. However, I'm astounded by the above post. As a fan of a lower league club I understand the state of the game in this country and try my best to support clubs when we play them away from home. If we were to go out of business then it would be a sad day for Scottish football as we are one of the few who are able to keep our heads above the water.If we were gone then many others would be away before us.Partick Thistle is one of the few clubs I've been happy to go on my own without mates,some food and bevvy in the Aitken Suite and a bit of banter with old Lambie.If this is the kind of feeling towards us (vile and bigoted???)as a club and its fans then I'll be giving you a miss from now on,although probably not next year unless things go tits up for you. I do, however, wish you luck tonight.

Don't worry about just one fan mate, especially after a cup final defeat.