Tag

Shuggie

While i agree on the club looking for ways to bring in revenue, the prices will increase next season if we're in the SPL to £ 20, its a lot of money in these hard times, the club will make money out of SKY TV deals etc, if we're in the SPL, the board of directors should be looking at more sponsorship from companies, Fans pay more than enough through the turnstile to watch games, and yet directors expect fans to fork out more all the time.

I think that part of the idea is to spread a sense of ownership across a wider section of the support, as well as to increase income from them. After all, we've all seen how effectively sugar daddies (whether corporate or personal) have been in ensuring a rational management of finance in football - not to mention the marvels that our captains of industry and their political cheerleaders have, er, wreaked on the economy. :censor:

Well done to all involved. It's fair to say a lot of fans, like myself have taking the free match highlights and text commentary etc for granted over the last few years. I've no problem either way with these proposals, even if I sign up or I don't.

I think it depicts a positive and determined mindset in the staff (off the pitch) at PTFC at really pushing us forward and making us stronger in the long term.

Edited by northernsoul

All for the TAG scheme, especially if more benefits get added for members, but what is all this "ownership" talk about? There is no ownership of the club implied by becoming a member. No shares will be exchanged. The owners of the club will be the owners who are currently the owners.

Or am I missing something?

Jim, could CF Gold members also be made basic members of TAG. This would perhaps suit some of the Nomads that already pay a fair sum to the Club?

That's a great shout, given that they'll be paying £20 per month anyway (and likely a lot of them will also be ST holders anyway so probably not a lot of people anyway)

• Members

And talking of the videos.... don't know if this is possible with rights etc, but is there a possibility of this seasons highlights from the site being compiled on a DVD? Either to sell or to give away with the enhanced package as a thank you for joining?

• Like 3

If they are season ticket holders they get the basic package for free MP.

That was my (badly worded) point - I'd assume a lot of CF Gold's also have ST's so we wouldn't be talking about a lot of people if we gave CF Gold the basic TAG free, and I think it would be a nice reward for the loyalty they've shown so far.

I like the idea and will sign up tonight. Quick question though - if I sign up for the basic level with every intention of buying a ST next season will I automatically be upgraded to the better level?

In general I think we've all got a lot of stuff for free for years now and need to appreciate that there is a cost for this and it's fair that a fee is brought in. Also, regardless of how many games I can get to I take massive pleasure from seeing Thistle do well - one of my biggest goal celebrations ever was by myself in my living room in Yerevan listening to online radio as Billy Gibson's free kick salvaged our season, a season in which I barely attended a game. If everyone that supports Thistle joined the basic level we would have much more money every year to put the kind of team on the pitch that we all want to see, to finish the stadium, to improve facilities - and then when we all get along for a game, be it every game, a few per year or one every couple of years, we'd see the benefit of our, and our fellow fans, commitment.

If this is successful it's a way that fans can help fund the club and alleviate the cash flow worries of crowd sizes, cup draws, TV money, allowing more long term planning. I'm probably thinking ahead here but the aim should be for this scheme to attract EVERY Thistle fan worldwide - we ARE the club. And just imagine how strong we could be, on and off the pitch, if we managed even close to this.

And talking of the videos.... don't know if this is possible with rights etc, but is there a possibility of this seasons highlights from the site being compiled on a DVD? Either to sell or to give away with the enhanced package as a thank you for joining?

Good idea, but will need to be a three or four disc boxset

• Like 1

I like the idea and will sign up tonight. Quick question though - if I sign up for the basic level with every intention of buying a ST next season will I automatically be upgraded to the better level?

Well, they don't take payment details yet, it says they'll ask for that in the summer. So chances are your season ticket will be bought by the time they ask, and then you'll be able to upgrade from there I'd imagine.

• Members

Are the highlights of the last few games available to tag members now? Noticed they haven't been put up.

Seems a funny time to introduce it when we will be getting lots of highlights, radio and text commentaries next year anyway.

TAG isn't solely about highlights and text commentary though. It's about supporting the Club.

Looking at a club our size it is difficult for us to have supporters who don't contribute to the club. Thistle are a small club. Rangers and Celtic can have thousands of "fans" who don't go to games, don't support financially but will watch on tv or gob off in the pub. Every little helps and for people to become members and give a small number of pounds a month it will all add up.

Are the highlights of the last few games available to tag members now? Noticed they haven't been put up.

Seems a funny time to introduce it when we will be getting lots of highlights, radio and text commentaries next year anyway.

I doubt it, the scheme isn't up and running yet. Once you sign up you get a message saying you'll get a phone call over the summer to set it up properly and arrange payment etc.

It might seem that way but it could have been in the pipeline for a while. The SPL highlights we get via the BBC website will probably last a minute and not have any replays, whereas ours will hopefully continue to improve as the financial benefits of this scheme are realised. So I'm confident that once the ball is rolling our highlights will be better than what is available elsewhere (except when we get live games).

Well, they don't take payment details yet, it says they'll ask for that in the summer. So chances are your season ticket will be bought by the time they ask, and then you'll be able to upgrade from there I'd imagine.

Cheers, just signed up and it states at the end that they'll be in contact nearer the time to add a payment option to the account and to verify whether you're a ST holder or not. I will be and will be paying extra for the premium version.

For anyone that loves the club and, importantly especially in the current economic climate, can afford to put aside a little money per month, I fully recommend signing up. To follow Jaggernaut's point, Thatcher said there was no such thing as society; well there is, and this is it.

If you are willing to pay the £60 to be upgraded, then i would hope so:

Tag Core Package:

Season Ticket Holders: Free

Non Season Ticket Holders: £60

Tag Plus Package:

Season Ticket Holders: £60

Non Season Ticket Holders: £120

Joined up , got a crappy number but hey its no worry :D

Seems an excellent scheme and a great incentive for people who are maybe wavering a bit to purchase a season ticket for next season. I know in a lot of cases it can come down to cost but if you are looking at getting an additional £60 value for your season ticket cost then IMO that makes that decision a wee bit easier for some people.

Hopefully a lot of people join up to the scheme as it should be a great way to get more fan involvement in the club and get even more of a "family" feeling about the place.

WRT the Jags Trust, primarily they are an organisation formed to hold the shareholding in the club so IMO there is no conflict of interest with the new Supporters Federation.

Its also worth remembering, for folk who think they are having to pay for something the BBC already provides.

The BBC's website highlights output is determined by the BBC, i've spoke to fans of my local team who watch the BBC highlights, and can't believe they were at the same game. as their teams chances have been thrown on the cutting room floor and instead eg: Celtic's half chances have been included in the edit.

In other words the BBC has to provide a service to it's customers, who are all of scottish football.... TAG would be providing highlights centred at Thistle fans only.

Although not confirmed, i would be hoping with the income this generates could see the club purchase it's own (HD?) equipment.

Don't quote me on this but.... yes as hard as it may be for some to believe, but that package we all take for granted, that we get for free, is done on the camera man's own equipment, edited in his own time and all done for the price of travelling expenses and the love of the club.

To be a successful team (off the park) in the SPL, and i'd hope every fan wants us to be just that... then we need to start acting profesionally and in a business like manner. The Club are not a charity, we can't survive on a business model that gives income streams away for free without any sort of return. as hard as that may be for some to accept, its the reality of it.