Tag

Shuggie

Its also worth remembering, for folk who think they are having to pay for something the BBC already provides.

The BBC's website highlights output is determined by the BBC, i've spoke to fans of my local team who watch the BBC highlights, and can't believe they were at the same game. as their teams chances have been thrown on the cutting room floor and instead eg: Celtic's half chances have been included in the edit.

In other words the BBC has to provide a service to it's customers, who are all of scottish football.... TAG would be providing highlights centred at Thistle fans only.

Just a word to the wise if we do go up, the SPL have their own official highlights package available on YouTube and their five minute videos are better than the BBC's.

I've read through the thread so far again

I've joined up with a cracking number that I'm astonished wasn't nabbed already - but I'm old enough to remember being behind the goals as we trounced Celtic 40+ years ago :head_ball:

Yes I do have reservations but I welcome the feedback that this is a starting position and one that will be adapted / shaped by the fans.

I would suggest that at least a short video clip of 2/3 minute highlights extract was available to all OF visitors for there will be those who cannot join TAG.

The text commentary could be made available to all after the game has finished.

So too for other content that was supplied to the TAG fans before the matches.

This would then feel more inclusive to me.

I'll touch base with the Nomads and see what they think / would like / would pay for in addition to these TAG start points (e.g. match commentary and let's hear a Thistle fan talk to us live / recorded for an additional fee?)

PS I've yet to learn where that TAG label comes from?

All the folk who've signed up: won't they be buying season tickets?

If the "Nomads Global Branch", (not necesarily exclusively) get Live Commentary, there'll be a considerable number signing up to a "WWW" Season Ticket. Does Tom screech when he's excited? :evil:

What are your objections/queries to the scheme?

I want to say but feel I will polarize opinion and be seen to be mean and unsupportive of the club..which I am not.

I just feel that many jags are rushing to join without a moment of pause.

I want to say but feel I will polarize opinion and be seen to be mean and unsupportive of the club..which I am not.

I just feel that many jags are rushing to join without a moment of pause.

What would it take for you to sign up for the scheme? More for your money?

What would it take for you to sign up for the scheme? More for your money?

My thoughts are not about money. I can fund £6 a month without issue. But if I don,t wish to pay that do you have an issue or does the club?

These things always start off with its "only £6" but what happens in the next 10 years.

My last post on this thread as I know I am the 1%

My thoughts are not about money. I can fund £6 a month without issue. But if I don,t wish to pay that do you have an issue or does the club?

These things always start off with its "only £6" but what happens in the next 10 years.

My last post on this thread as I know I am the 1%

No, not at all. This scheme, won't get everyone excited for it, thats to be expected. I was just curious as to what was the issue, and it was maybe something the club could have dealt with/not thought of.

If we all agreed on everything, then it'd be a boring forum!

I have always wanted subscription based highlights like other clubs have. We've been very privileged to have highlights for free for a few years now and in order for the quality to continue to improve we need to move on from having volunteers using their own equipment to a more professional set up (that is not intended as a slight on the current set up in any way).

The electronic programmes alone convinced me to go for the TAG plus package.

I feel it would make a good tattoo. I'd like to see the drawing without text in front of it. I've been thinking of getting a thistle (the flower not the team) related tattoo for a while, and though that is very different to what I was thinking I really like it.

Edited to add: Only just seen it on the website front page for the first time - don't like it so much there with its reflection. However on the ptfc.co.uk/tag page as the background to the details of each membership level it looked pretty nice.

Quoting myself here, but I had a look at the page source code and managed to get the picture without the reflection or text on top. Seriously thinking about getting this as a tattoo.

goldfinch_left.jpg