Gary Harkins

BearsdenJag

Jim Delahunt was also in full glorious attendance at Wednesday's game but was in DISGUISE as the mere sight of his majestic coupon would have UNDOUBTEDLY sent the 8875 strong crowd into a FRENZY of delight and a riot would have ensued. Me and Hateley, my big pal, sported a couple of luxurious trench coats and bumped some specs off that utter BAWSACK Tam Cowan to blend in and SPECTATE in SECRECY!

Edited by jimdelahunt
  • Like 3

yeah I've seen Tuffey at quite a few games and I'm sure Buchanan has been a few times aswell. Super Manny Panther was there on Wednesday night aswell! I was walking up from the city end towards the north stand about 7.10 and Tuffey was outside the old ticket booths, I'm sure Robbie Neilson (not an ex jag I know!) was there aswell, anyone else able to confirm that?

Yeah Robbie Neilson was there

Back to the subject of Gary Harkins. He's okay, but he's no Chris Erskine. In fact he's nowhere near to being the player that Chris Erskine is, and he never will be.

I'm with you on that. Harkins was good but he wasn't as good as many make out.

Nope taylor signed from Bournemouth for 2 years last summer. Funny to think he was released after never scoring for Bournemouth, considering his 27 goals in one season.

No surprise as Bournemouth play at a far higher level than our league. The Conference is about our level.

Having had the "privilege" of watching a lot of English Third(at the time) Division football I'm afraid I have to beg to differ. Unless the standard of English football has improved dramatically, I would pitch the level of SFL 1 at the top of the Second, bottom of the Championship.The real difference is money and crowds, neither of which unfortunately in a position to be compared with south of the border.

Having had the "privilege" of watching a lot of English Third(at the time) Division football I'm afraid I have to beg to differ. Unless the standard of English football has improved dramatically, I would pitch the level of SFL 1 at the top of the Second, bottom of the Championship.The real difference is money and crowds, neither of which unfortunately in a position to be compared with south of the border.

Really? Most of the Conference clubs are full-time. Few Scottish players get picked up by English clubs who can afford to pay them more. We could, given this season's improvement, compete in League Two. The lower clubs like Dumbarton, Cowdenbeath and Airdrie would struggle even in the Conference.