Strips And Merchandise For Next Season

kni

i think the continual misunderstanding just demonstrates the nature of people on forums and a trend for folk to just jump in without reading posts and what is actually being said.

Most posters don't have time to read all the posts properly. Misunderstandings are common on most forums. And then there is "Pie And Bovril" which often defies belief and description!

Really disappointed with the casual wear released so far by Joma and the prices are a bit silly for the material being used.....

Whilst it can be hard to expect Joma to produce bespoke training/casual wear for a club our size I would expect better design and quality.

I'm not hopeful for our actual strip from what I've seen

i've no idea. but as i said the options you suggested weren't the options they took for research purposes.

Okay, so you have no idea what they did do, yet can say with certainty what they did not do.

Sounds legit.

As for your recent posts in general, ever thought of becoming a politician? Saying lots, but not really saying anything substantive. Not a critique, just an observation, as you do it so well.

Okay, so you have no idea what they did do, yet can say with certainty what they did not do.

Sounds legit.

As for your recent posts in general, ever thought of becoming a politician? Saying lots, but not really saying anything substantive. Not a critique, just an observation, as you do it so well.

Please put me on ignore. it will save you and me a lot of time.

Really disappointed with the casual wear released so far by Joma and the prices are a bit silly for the material being used.....

Whilst it can be hard to expect Joma to produce bespoke training/casual wear for a club our size I would expect better design and quality.

I'm not hopeful for our actual strip from what I've seen

While I am not making any definitive judgement on joma, its range, prices, design and quality, it is apparent some upturn in what it offers in terms of kit and casual wear is required to satisfy the majority. Only once the kits and full casual wear ranges are known and seen (in images and then at their retail outlet(s)), will we see if the fabled market research and fashionista input has delivered a outcome worthy of PTFC. And for the record and the doubters, I genuinely hope it does.

While I am not making any definitive judgement on joma, its range, prices, design and quality, it is apparent some upturn in what it offers in terms of kit and casual wear is required to satisfy the majority. Only once the kits and full casual wear ranges are known and seen (in images and then at their retail outlet(s)), will we see if the fabled market research and fashionista input has delivered a outcome worthy of PTFC. And for the record and the doubters, I genuinely hope it does.

Are you on the wind up?

Well, this thread got lost in the woods some time ago ...

The general view, with the exception of the club's "potty" adviser, is that the quality and design could be better for the price. Final judgement is being reserved until the new strips are revealed.

Compared to some of the manufacturers we've had in the past. Spall, TFg , SECca , arrow sports shoes, I think we were spoiled with the puma/greaves deal. Some of the biggest teams/ countries kit in the world are made by puma and people still criticise . i bought some very nice stuff red, yellow black t-shirt and track top with puma emblem on back , great quality trackie for my boy. original design strips , wide range of leisure wear, professional advertising . For a club our size it all very ambitious but at least they tried to publicise the partick thistle identity. Now this range looks a lot more scaled down but what do we expect? Joma still decent manufacturer . Bought my kid a track top at firhill cup for £2 , he loves it , very 80's retro style.

Greaves had some decent thistle stuff that wasn't puma branded, not sure if that was greaves or puma that were responsible, but it would be good if joma could build on that. Most of the puma training stuff was rubbish, most of the joma training stuff looks rubbish. Most fans only really care about the strip, and puma produced two outstanding home kits and one good one, definitely a hard task to follow.

Partick Thistle are a Premier League team now. I have 2 kids and plan to have them in me in Thistle kit for every minute of every day that we are in that division. I'm buying!

BUT ....................... That Joma stuff looks like cheap rubbishy tat. The Leisure wear looks cheap and nasty.

I cannot tell you how much I hope the kits are better than this.

Never mind bringing back Puma, we might need to bring back SPALL !

If that's the case, why don't you come up with some alternatives and post up the results? I'll happily donate some wax crayons to the cause.

Trolling me again? Haven't you got anything of value to contribute to the discussion?

Edited by kni

• Members

A lot of unnecessary slating going on here. PT was decent enough to admit to being consulted by Joma on what he thought fans would appreciate. Pretty sure they didn't run what materials they were going to use or pricing past him. He's probably wishing he's kept his fingers off the keyboard with this one now!

It's impossible to satisfy everyone with this type of stuff, so if you don't like it, fair enough. No point having a go at PT about it. If you feel that strongly about it, instead of writing lines and lines of criticism here about it, tell Joma. If they don't get feedback (good or bad) they'll presume it's all ok.

I think some of the range looks pretty cool. Can see my buying the polo and campus shirts and the campus training top

You'll need a health and safety certificate to stand in the Northy with that, potential fire hazard with all that polyester and static energy sparking off you :P

• Like 1

You've spent the whole thread trolling people son, and have contributed nothing of value.

As usual, all you can offer is a snarky comment.

The fans are being fobbed off with standard TTL Joma products at inflated prices - a 40 to 50% premium for a small Thistle badge sewn on the front. The designs are garbage. Who wants to wear a polo with a big "Joma" running vertically up the sleeve? Frankly, I would not even pay a fiver for that rubbish. There are much are better designs in Joma's range (past and present) that would have been more suitable. The fans deserve better!

Edited by kni

As usual, all you can offer is a snarky comment.

The fans are being fobbed off with standard TTL Joma products at inflated prices - a 40 to 50% premium for a small Thistle badge sewn on the front. The designs are garbage. Who wants to wear a polo with a big "Joma" running vertically up the sleeve? Frankly, I would not even pay a fiver for that rubbish. There are much are better designs in Joma's range (past and present) that would have been more suitable. The fans deserve better!

How do you know what I, or for that matter other Thistle fans, want to wear? I actually think the stuff displayed so far is fine and there will be others I imagine who do and others who don't but that has always been the case in terms of kits/merchandise for as long as I have been supporting Thistle.

Marco77 hit the nail on the head - if you like the stuff on offer you will buy it, if you don't then you won't.