Cowan - Evening Times

northernsoul

Link

Why does he keep doing this?

“It has never been easy to follow Partick Thistle. There are always good times and I hope we will enjoy plenty of that this term. I believe we will see skilful, entertaining football and I think there is a lot to look forward to at Partick Thistle.”

I'm sorry but what is there to look forward to exactly? Ever decreasing player budget, supporters losing interest, inevitable two sided stadium on the way.

Link

“It has never been easy to follow Partick Thistle. There are always good times and I hope we will enjoy plenty of that this term. I believe we will see skilful, entertaining football and I think there is a lot to look forward to at Partick Thistle.”

I'm sorry but what is there to look forward to exactly? Ever decreasing player budget, supporters losing interest, inevitable two sided stadium on the way.

FFS. No matter what was said you'd be moaning. The article is entirely uncontroversial and nothing bad was said. Give it a rest.

Full quotes from Allan Cowan:

"There are still clubs who are able to spend more than we can so it will be difficult to compete with those who have bigger budgets"

“It has been a long and difficult procedure, but the manager has been very co-operative and has worked very well with us."

“I wouldn’t want to say we will be challenging for the title, but I think we will definitely compete and give every club a run for their money.”

On the youth setup:

“It is crucial and it is a disappointment to me we have not been able to do it in the past. Our youth policy has been very stop, start. This time, we intend to carry on with it because the success the Under-19 side had last year shows how worthwhile it is.

“It really is something a club like Partick Thistle should be committed to and the fact we have not done it in recent years is a disappointement.”

Realism, touched with a hint of optimism at the end. Seriously, what are you having a go at here?

Full quotes from Allan Cowan:

"There are still clubs who are able to spend more than we can so it will be difficult to compete with those who have bigger budgets"

“It has been a long and difficult procedure, but the manager has been very co-operative and has worked very well with us."

“I wouldn’t want to say we will be challenging for the title, but I think we will definitely compete and give every club a run for their money.”

On the youth setup:

“It is crucial and it is a disappointment to me we have not been able to do it in the past. Our youth policy has been very stop, start. This time, we intend to carry on with it because the success the Under-19 side had last year shows how worthwhile it is.

“It really is something a club like Partick Thistle should be committed to and the fact we have not done it in recent years is a disappointement.”

Realism, touched with a hint of optimism at the end. Seriously, what are you having a go at here?

:thumbsup2: , lets save the criticism for when it's merited :rolleyes:

Glad I'm not alone in seeing nothing wrong with the article.

Some are just going to have a go no matter what he says.

I'd rather here a bit of positive news about thistle than the usual doom and gloom posted by some on here.

Can we not at least give the team a chance and see how things start off for us before slagging everything to do with PTFC ?

While I dont think many people will take any offence at what he said here unfortunately its more to do with guys like him and Prentice in the past in terms of actions and what they said.

I would much rather Cowan said this at the begining of the summer as opposed to stuff like we are still giving Ian a playing budget that will have us challenging for promotion or join the centenary fund as every penny goes to buy new players.

Todays comments are a bit more realistic though I cant help but feel a large part of the reason we are in this whole mess is due to years of mismanagement to which he has played his part. Thats I'm afraid why I do struggle at times to take comments made by the BOD at face value or with that much positivity.

While I dont think many people will take any offence at what he said here unfortunately its more to do with guys like him and Prentice in the past in terms of actions and what they said.

I would much rather Cowan said this at the begining of the summer as opposed to stuff like we are still giving Ian a playing budget that will have us challenging for promotion or join the centenary fund as every penny goes to buy new players.

Todays comments are a bit more realistic though I cant help but feel a large part of the reason we are in this whole mess is due to years of mismanagement to which he has played his part. Thats I'm afraid why I do struggle at times to take comments made by the BOD at face value or with that much positivity.

:wall: Im fed up going round in circles...the past is the past, although it is relevant to our present situation I wish we could compartmentalise it (hark at me :P ) and deal with what's in front of us.

More a half full than half empty statement from cowan, a wee bit of positivity does no harm moving into the new season

You do realise traditionally any slightly positive vibes emanating from the mouth of a Thistle chairman are usually quickly followed by a woe is us, impecunious, it's Armageddon revisited outburst from a Mr Hughes. :o

:wall: Im fed up going round in circles...the past is the past, although it is relevant to our present situation I wish we could compartmentalise it (hark at me :P ) and deal with what's in front of us.

Fans may well bang their heads in dismay at constant reference to past failing of our BOD , however some fans have been banging their heads for 3 seasons knowing that Mr Cowan and Mr Hughes are the core problem in PTFC's demise.

In that time we've seen them conspire to ruin the strongest supporters trust we've had since it's beginings and run the club so low they have now sold off half our main assets to a property company, which in itself doesn't seem to be very successfull, the past is only the past when the past is actually gone, the reality is that the past is very much with us. I'm not the one with answers but I do know that if we are truely to deal with what is in front of us right now then we have to deal with change at board level as it's WAY beyond a joke it's allowed to remain the same . Until they really are of the past then I think it's fair they(and all fans) should be constantly reminded they have f**ked up our club.

As for the thread topic itself, it was a poor board bashing topic to bring up so I agree when you say let's leave the critisism for when it's deserved.

Glad I'm not alone in seeing nothing wrong with the article.

Some are just going to have a go no matter what he says.

I'd rather here a bit of positive news about thistle than the usual doom and gloom posted by some on here.

Can we not at least give the team a chance and see how things start off for us before slagging everything to do with PTFC ?

Erm, no. Please remember where you are, and how things happen here.

Negativity will always lead the way, my friend!

P.S. I agree wholeheartedly!

I do have to admit that I am sick and tired of the complaints about the board, certainly when we do nothing about it. Not so much as a banner has been raised in the crowd to emphasise "Cowan OUT!" We do nothing, we just complain and mumble about it, many clubs have literally driven the board out, and unless we are willing to do the same and not let this blood sucking tick destroy our great club, I really cant be bothered about the complaints.

The level of transparency is minimal, we have no idea where the money is going/gone. People signed up a couple of seasons ago to the "Players Fund" to bring players in, then that was merged with the Centenary Fund, and the only players I remember McCall buying in recent years was Doolan and Erskine for the tune of around £4k. So where has the money gone, it certainly didn't go to buying players, most likely has gone to adding that 54" Plasma TV in Cowans penthouse on San Francisco Bay.

And anyone who still uses the Save The Jags as an excuse for our CURRENT financial situation has some sort of mental disorder, what other club has ever used something that happened well over a decade ago as an excuse for current finances?

That's my 2cents from a very pee'd off, yet mindlessly loyal Jags fan.

And anyone who still uses the Save The Jags as an excuse for our CURRENT financial situation has some sort of mental disorder, what other club has ever used something that happened well over a decade ago as an excuse for current finances?

We sold of ground at the north end for flats and that was supposed to have done away with most of the debt from that earlier period. But 2 seasons later we were going down the pan again and most of the guys in charge when that happened are still on board (pun?).

Edited by Mr Bunny

Link

At least he was positve and optimistic, would you have preferred he slagged us off before the season has even begun???????