Star And Garter....epic Night

angry gaz

Only the second time i've been in this boozer. It was magic, what a night. I was up on the chairs wae ma son and daughter singing our lungs out full pelt for 4 hours. Talking to the players, Craigen a smashing boy, even if he makes a mistake next year I will not be slagging him. Muirhead told me Archie's tactics got them through the last few games and he was convinced it was Archie that got them over the line which was great to hear. In addition it would genuinely appear that apart from Paton and Erskine the rest have nothing lined up which is encouraging.Anyway, I will definitely be back at this pub thanks to ian mac for organising the bus and introducing me to a brilliant jags pub and the bagpipe player.Top notch. CHAMPIONEEEEES!!!!!

• Like 3

'EPIC' disnae even touch the sides. Night oot in the S&G the night, legendary. FACT!

Ah'm pished and ah feel guilty leavin before it shut (10.30pm). Eh that's when ah left, no when it shut.

There is no team and set of fans like the Partick Thistle. This is totally beyond dispute.

Players - ie Aero, Craigen and Elliott bigger fans than the fans! Givin it laldy.

It does NOT get better than this.

Shhhhhhhh even Allan Herron jumpin up & doon. Jim Alexander - legend!

This day and night will live with me forever.....and ever we'll follow the Jags! The Partick Thistle the Harry Wraggs.....

Champions. That is all.

• Like 2

Just in........ and checked my phone. The pictures on it would suggest as I was in the Star last night :-). Superb night and thanks to everyone organising it and particularily IanMac. Bus, food and players showing up for £5. Well done mate. Highlight of the night was what seemed like an hour version of Red nYella army.

Altogether

Archies ...........

Huge thanks to Ian for arranging the bus, my son and I had a brilliant day and it will live with us forever.

So many amazing memories - highlights were the singing on the bus, the goals (especially Erskine's, will never forget it), the Jags fans doing the conga, the bus getting stuck in the mud leaving at the end, everyone hooting their horn leaving the ground and passing a coach of Morton fans on the motorway coming home, poor dears.

I had a heartbroken 12 year old son after the Ramsdens Cup Final 2 weeks ago, and to see his face yesterday when we won the league was priceless. Yes I was greetin!

Take a bow everyone in the pics below and thanks again!

http://bayimg.com/JaMHmaAeb

http://bayimg.com/GAmKNaaeb

http://bayimg.com/gamKPaAEB

http://bayimg.com/hAMKBAAEb

sounds like everyone had a ball..gutted to miss it....The star and garter is THEE place to be.

An absolutely brilliant crowd in the star...superb

Well done to my mukker Ian Mac for the running the bus and to the one and only Davie Smith aka bagpipeman.

Roll on next season....WE ARE FCKN BACK!!!!

Attending a party today in a masonic lodge and I will have a grin the size of Clyde..think i will wear my jags top too

An amazing night in the S&G. Cemented itself for me as the premier thistle pub. The barstaff deserve a huge amount of credit working as they did considering how mobbed it was.

Maybe not the time for a negative comment, but the Woody isn't what it used to be. Dropped in for one on the way home. The burd who seems to be running the place has nae manners at all. First of all at the Morton game screaming like a banshee at punters for singing, and last night as rude as ever, she basically barged me to the side with no prior warning or apology to get through a crowd of people and I knocked some poor guys pint over. Don't know if I'll be back there.

Edited by MWM

The first rule of the S&G night is.......... :-)

I will see if I can upload any but I first will need to require the permission of everyone who is in the pictures as some of them do not necessarily reflect certain people in their best light !!!

yep no bother. Whats in the bar stays in the bar. Jealous that I missed a great night by the sounds of it.

My mate filmed a bit of the action in the S&G last night, and I was going to put it up on here sometime soon. Do I take it that's not to be done? Genuine question as I have no idea about these protocols, permission and stuff.

Shame if it can't be done as it really captures the whole mood of the goings-on.

What an absolutely incredible night in the Star! As Ian said earlier, it's difficult to put into words how special it was. The place was still bouncing when we left at around 11!

There was literally non-stop singing for around 5 hours, well done to Michael and the other bar staff for making it so easy to get served given the fact that it was so mobbed.

Also, congrats and thanks to Craigen, Elliot and Muirhead for heading along after the game and even starting songs themselves!

The call and response version of 'Archiebald's....Red 'n' Yellow Army' which went on for an eternity will live with me forever.

So proud to be a Jags fan!