New Club Captain

AtronBomb

With the new season and Paton leaving who will fill the shoes? I will put Conrad Balatoni's name out there as an option, i like the captain to be a central defender and the passion he has shown recently which can be seen clearly in his celebrations at Falkirk. He seems to have a few leadership qualities as well. What are the thoughts of others on here. Sorry if this has been posted before I couldn't see the thread when I looked.

Good call; CB looks the part. Though if Dowie signs on, then with his experience he might be a contender.

Balatoni and Muirhead will surely be the first choice central defence so unlikely a reserve would be made club captain. Balatoni's the obvious choice for me although it may depend on who's recruited in the summer.

Balatoni and Muirhead will surely be the first choice central defence so unlikely a reserve would be made club captain. Balatoni's the obvious choice for me although it may depend on who's recruited in the summer.

You may well be right. But I wonder if Archie might not think of going with the three central defenders next season, freeing up the full-backs to get up the park a bit more often.

I reckon the club captain next year will be Martin Hardie.

That isn't a wind-up.

Im wondering that if we lose a lot of our behind the scenes staff to Tannadice Archie may bring in Hardie in a role, maybe youth coach or something.

In general most SPL teams have loads of different coaches - community, youth etc - Falkirk do as well so would not be surprised to see Hardie in some role with the club

I think we need to wait and see what players we have for next season. Have a feeling we may lose a few more. Was it Lambie who said Hardie would make a great centre half.

Yeah I heard him say that on the radio last week. It's an interesting idea that's for sure. But I'm not sure our first season in the SPL is the time to experiment with stuff like that.

However, Lambie had an eye for that kind of thing, let's not forget Davie Irons.

I agree that we should look at signing Hardie, but I doubt he would start every week which would rule him out of captaincy. He would be a very good card to play however if we're losing a tight game or in need of a kick up the arse. A heedbanger, as the great man puts it :D Balatoni and Muirhead are the obvious contenders but I would throw Bannigan's name in the ring too. He's probably the best playing asset we have, does a thoroughly professional job in midfield and never seem to see him in any bother with referees.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

No way he has the legs for another season in the SPL Honkers.

I would agree that he may not have the legs for a full season, however I think he will be brought in and if he does the club role is his.

Go back to 1970, McParland needed two experienced players to guide his very young team, Alex Rae midfielder and Hugh Stachan was signed to play alongside Jackie Campbell, I think Strachan came from Morton. Sign Hardie and the League cup is ours next season, it's in the stars.

On a more serious note wouldn't it be great to have some players re- signed before next Saturdays party.