Do You Think We'll Keep Kids Go Free In Spl?

chunky jag

Has club ever commented on this?

Just thinking of basically celtic coming to firhill, it could be flooded with weans with a chance to see them for free?

I resent the fact they prob charge £ 15 for concessions at every other ground for kids in spl.

Keep it to jags fans? Or is that just petty?

I love the initiative our board have shown, n the bravery to persist, really proud our club does this, just wondering what the consensus is in keeping it up in spl?

• Members

With us registering all the kids last season and promising to send out those still young enough a ST this season, I see no reason why after distributing to new kids during the close season, why we don't charge kids for entry if they dont have a ST.

With us registering all the kids last season and promising to send out those still young enough a ST this season, I see no reason why after distributing to new kids during the close season, why we don't charge kids for entry if they dont have a ST.

Defeats the purpose of kids go free! It's to encourage new young fans as well as keep young fans going!

Celtic game will be all ticket anyway so all tickets will be sold in advance which may limit the numbers of youngsters turning up on their own without adults!

• Like 1

The kids go free initiative needs to be pursued long term and won't work if we scrap it after a couple of seasons. If in 10 years time the club is seeing no benefit in terms of kids turning into adults through the gates then that's the time to talk about scrapping it. 'Some kids go free' overcomplicates things. If it's universal and easy to understand then people are far more likely to respond to it. Also if it's covered by sponsors (which I understand it is?) then we're not losing anything by doing it.

• Like 1

Keep it for home fans and throw down the gauntlet to the other clubs via the media - "we are happy to extend out kids go free to your visiting supporters however we expect this to be reciprocated, we will charge your U-16 away fans what you charge ours".

I'd love this to be the case, but it isn't allowed.

I'd love this to be the case, but it isn't allowed.

It will be if they are in the main stand will it not?

We should really milk this for all its worth now were are in the SPL with the increased media coverage. Call out any team that isn't doing it. If wee Partick Thistle can do it then the rest of them can as well.

It will be if they are in the main stand will it not?

We should really milk this for all its worth now were are in the SPL with the increased media coverage. Call out any team that isn't doing it. If wee Partick Thistle can do it then the rest of them can as well.

I doubt it to be honest. I think you can charge differently for different parts of the ground but it needs to be justified by improved view or facilities. As the main stand has a blocked view and poorer safety standards I doubt we can charge away u16s entry to the main stand whilst thistle u16 get in free with a better matchday experience.

This is all quite straightforward. Under 16's go free. U16's can and should sign up for a season ticket which is free so they get special offers from the club and the club has a record of them to build up a database. IF a game was to be all ticket then the Adult and Child season tickets are taken into account before any other tickets are sold. Therefore the season ticket holders will always get in regardless of demand.

Yesterday I was in a charity shop with my 4 year old son. He was sitting on the floor, looking through a book and singing a wee song to himself. When I got close to him I heard him singing 'We're Partick Thistle, we score when we want'.

This morning I was watching kids tv with the boys. On Newsround there was a report about Man Utd winning English title. My 6 year old said 'Why don't they talk about Partick Thistle?'.

Kids Go Free is a wonderful initiative which will have significant long term benefit for the club. Fathers I speak to, who support other clubs, are really impressed that my boys have free season tickets and will, hopefully, continue to do so for the next 10 years. While some clubs are looking to get paying punters through the door next week, we are thinking ahead a decade. Partick Thistle and the sponsors who support this scheme deserve great credit.

• Like 2

Yesterday I was in a charity shop with my 4 year old son. He was sitting on the floor, looking through a book and singing a wee song to himself. When I got close to him I heard him singing 'We're Partick Thistle, we score when we want'.

This morning I was watching kids tv with the boys. On Newsround there was a report about Man Utd winning English title. My 6 year old said 'Why don't they talk about Partick Thistle?'.

Kids Go Free is a wonderful initiative which will have significant long term benefit for the club. Fathers I speak to, who support other clubs, are really impressed that my boys have free season tickets and will, hopefully, continue to do so for the next 10 years. While some clubs are looking to get paying punters through the door next week, we are thinking ahead a decade. Partick Thistle and the sponsors who support this scheme deserve great credit.

Well said.

With regards to the issue of U16 away fans getting in for free but our U16's having to pay at their games then this is just something we will have to put up until others see the light and change themselves. If everybody takes a "we'll do it when you do it" approach it'll never happen. We should be proud that we are the first team to step up to the mark instead of being bitter about it.

Edited by scottymagoo

We're riding on a crest of a wave, and should be ramming kids go free down people's throats. We're a much more appealing option than Rangers at the moment, and need to push that home, to steal young fans that could potentially be heading their way.

Most under 16 away fans will be travelling with an adult for logistical reasons apart from anything, so we'll make money from that as well.

• Like 3

Its something that should be accross the board in all clubs, because a) right thing to do b.) the ratio of older people to younger generations of attending supporters does not bode well for football. But, if it takes other clubs a long time to come to where we are at then cool :) Means it is only us who are being identified as the club thats dealing with those issues, and maybe that means ten years ahead of time the demographics issue will be much improved at us vis-a-vis the other clubs.

As said elsewhere on this thread, it is only when having a policy like this over a decade or more will we really start to see it bearing fruit, furthermore, in the absence of having a big advertising budget and media profile, it takes time to be identified as the only 'brand' that operates such a policy across the whole of the market.

Edited by mrD

We're riding on a crest of a wave, and should be ramming kids go free down people's throats. We're a much more appealing option than Rangers at the moment, and need to push that home, to steal young fans that could potentially be heading their way.

Most under 16 away fans will be travelling with an adult for logistical reasons apart from anything, so we'll make money from that as well.

I always feel that once that first Jags top is worn more than half the battle is won. The converse is of course true and it's many times more difficult to convert a kid to the Jags when they've already been bought an ugly sister top.

I realise we can't be handing out expensive replica tops to kids but if there was some way of getting Jags T shirts ideally also advertising the Kids Go Free at a relatively cheap cost then it could result in a long term gain in fanbase. I don't however know how you get round our kit sponsors or if they could produce and sell on T shirts at a relatively low cost.

Maybe requires a Jaggy minded third party getting involved.

Celtics season ticket prices for next season:

U-13 years - £50: Just £2.38 per match

* 13-17 years - £105: Just £5 per match

* 17-18 years - £186: Just £8.86 per match

* Purchasing one adult and two child (U13) season tickets means all three can attend a 2013/14 match at Celtic Park for the equivalent total of £22.19 per game.

anybody who thinks we should compromise our kids go free policy in this environment when the odds are already against us vis a vis the old firm, needs to think again.

• Like 1

The point is to entice new customers surely. If someone is wanting a season ticket they will already be dedicated followers. To do that, would defeat the whole point of the kids go free policy to expand our audience.

Edited by mrD

I always feel that once that first Jags top is worn more than half the battle is won. The converse is of course true and it's many times more difficult to convert a kid to the Jags when they've already been bought an ugly sister top.

I realise we can't be handing out expensive replica tops to kids but if there was some way of getting Jags T shirts ideally also advertising the Kids Go Free at a relatively cheap cost then it could result in a long term gain in fanbase. I don't however know how you get round our kit sponsors or if they could produce and sell on T shirts at a relatively low cost.

Maybe requires a Jaggy minded third party getting involved.

I think this is a great idea. I really can't afford to buy my boys replica tops especially as, at 4 & 6, they outgrow clothes alarmingly. A cheap(er) t shirt in club colours representing the Jags, MacB and Kids Go Free would, I imagine, be a winner with the younger kids and their parents.

Celtics season ticket prices for next season:

U-13 years - £50: Just £2.38 per match

* 13-17 years - £105: Just £5 per match

* 17-18 years - £186: Just £8.86 per match

* Purchasing one adult and two child (U13) season tickets means all three can attend a 2013/14 match at Celtic Park for the equivalent total of £22.19 per game.

anybody who thinks we should compromise our kids go free policy in this environment when the odds are already against us vis a vis the old firm, needs to think again.

That's quite interesting, but what are their pay at the gate (or via ticket office) for the same age groups?

I suppose there will be varying prices for different category games as in England?

I'd imagine higher - think this is only to entice season ticket sales. Its a special offer that someone posted on pie and bovril forum from the celtic website:

http://www.pieandbov...ic-reward-fans/

Nevertheless, it does make our job all that harder to bring in people from Glasgow who want to take their kids to football - especially since its a given that most people in Glasgow will have an OF affiliation to some degree. If we were to start even offering nominal fees for young people to come to our games then we have lost any competitive advantage we may have.

I guess with celtic having season ticket sales problems it is a case of the laws of supply and demand taking place in regards to prices. There is a lack of effective demand/oversupply in unfavorable market conditions so the price has to go down to stimulate demand. Heres hoping we can compete with this - but looks like celtic with this new pricing policy are trying to stem any possible flows of 'inferior goods substitutions' ;)

Edited by mrD