Steven Craig

The Arch

The exact quote from Twitter is "absolutely gutted that I won't be joining the boys in the spl next". Perhaps we could not afford Craig's wages as County would have been subsidising them, possibly through a pay-off.

I hope that Steven gets fixed up with a new club quickly. These are worrying times for players who are out of contract. Morton or Dundee?

McGuigan is the only senior striker who is signed up for next season. Stevie May appears to be available but Saints would be entitled to compensation.

The exact quote from Twitter is "absolutely gutted that I won't be joining the boys in the spl next". Perhaps we could not afford Craig's wages as County would have been subsidising them, possibly through a pay-off.

I hope that Steven gets fixed up with a new club quickly. These are worrying times for players who are out of contract. Morton or Dundee?

McGuigan is the only senior striker who is signed up for next season. Stevie May appears to be available but Saints would be entitled to compensation.

Craig would be a good signing for Falkirk.

Yes and they could afford him too. There could opportunities in England too.

Why did you suggest that we possibly couldn't afford him then? I'm a bit confused.... I can't see Falkirk being able to pay better wages in SFL1 than we will in the SPL. Hope not anyway!

To be honest, I reckon Archie must have someone that he rates more highly than Stephen Craig lined up if he has told him he won't be offered a contract. He did very well to set up our equaliser yesterday, though I wish he did that more often!

Why did you suggest that we possibly couldn't afford him then? I'm a bit confused.... I can't see Falkirk being able to pay better wages in SFL1 than we will in the SPL. Hope not anyway!

To be honest, I reckon Archie must have someone that he rates more highly than Stephen Craig lined up if he has told him he won't be offered a contract. He did very well to set up our equaliser yesterday, though I wish he did that more often!

Craig scored goals for us but I never thought he was good enough.

Lazy, slow and unintelligent in a football sense.

Thanks for your efforts but the right decision has been made here...

The full post from twitter is "Great day yesterday and perfect way to bow out by lifting the trophy absolutely gutted that I won't be joining the boys in the spl next season but had some wonderful memories and really enjoyed my time being a jag massive thanks to the boys and the fans #proudtohavebeenajag"

Sad to see him go, but have to agree that I don't think he would cut it in the SPL. His past record in the top flight seems to support that.

However he has been an amazing asset to the club this season, and without him I doubt we could have achieved what we did. The natural goal poacher we have been looking for for years, and I'm sure he will do a turn in the 1st Division next season for someone.

All the best Steven!

Craig scored goals for us but I never thought he was good enough.

Lazy, slow and unintelligent in a football sense.

Thanks for your efforts but the right decision has been made here...

Why are you thanking him for being lazy, slow and unintelligent? :thinking:

Craig made an important contribution to our team, especially when Doolan's form dipped. Your comments are harsh to say the least.

• Like 1

SoJ has made a very significant contribution to our promotion and cup final season. He was the big target man we spoke of over the past 5 or 6 years but never managed to acquire. He banged them in just when we needed somebody to do it. And his old man was a Firhill favourite back in the day.

The pedigree was good, the timing of his signature was good, his presence in a Thistle jersey was good and his goals were very good. In fact there were very few downsides to his time with us.

Delighted when he signed for us, bereft at news of his departure.

Farewell, Son of Joe. We'll remember you very fondly for a long time. You are one of us.

Read in the paper that lee miller is looking to come back to scotland. Maybe that is who we have been talking to as he is out of contract with Carlisle. In my view he is a much better bet than graham because we know he can score goals at spl level.

Read in the paper that lee miller is looking to come back to scotland. Maybe that is who we have been talking to as he is out of contract with Carlisle. In my view he is a much better bet than graham because we know he can score goals at spl level.

Interesting shout.

Aberdeen connection with Shaggy also.

Good luck to you Steven, thanks for the vital goals you got for us. Hope you find a decent club for next season.

As for possible replacements, isnt Graham being chased by Dundees answer to Scumgers?

Ive also read that we have offered Steve May a contract, wouldnt that require a development fee to St Johnstone?

Lee Miller? Doubt we could afford him. Will probably get another club who could offer him more.. Scumgers perhaps?? lol

Anyway, fascinating revolving doors coming up at Firhill, as i think there will be a few more leaving!

Wikipedia says that he averaged about a goal in every five games for Dundee United and Aberdeen. His record at Carlisle is much better.

I am not sure what the financial arrangement was wit him - but when we brought him in on loan, his wages were paid by a supporter. Did that continue when we signed him in January ? I am not sure that Graham's work rate and attitude is any better than Craig's.

This ! I don't see anything in Graham, that is better than Craig or Doolan. May is a different story. I hope Archie has a plan, and at least get Doolan signed up before they leave for Spain

This ! I don't see anything in Graham, that is better than Craig or Doolan. May is a different story. I hope Archie has a plan, and at least get Doolan signed up before they leave for Spain

Graham has scored 26 goals this season.

For a defensive team like Raith that is a decent tally.

Why are you thanking him for being lazy, slow and unintelligent? :thinking:

Craig made an important contribution to our team, especially when Doolan's form dipped. Your comments are harsh to say the least.

Thanking him for his contribution. He was flawed as a player and I think doolan would've scored more withouts Craig's presence. That said Craig gave us another experienced option out with doolan....

I still think he was lazy, slow and unintelligent as a player, see his multiple offside offences as an example of all 3...

So yeah thank u but we will have much better available to us in the summer...