Future Crowd Control

Harry Wragg

The lack of control on Sat was disturbing to say the least, not what I expected to see at Firhill. The stewards seemed incapable of restricting the pitch invasion and the polis ( with the exception of the wee sexy one !!) were conspicuous by their absence and inactive approach to the numpties running around the park with kids in their arms , is this what we are to expect now next season ? I hope not, The behaviour of some of our so called fans ( never recognised any of them !!) was appalling and I would appeal to the club to bar them from future games if at all possible. We will need more policing than this when we play the bigger boys !! A big crowd was expected so why wasn't the control in place ? And talking of the crowd , ki can't believe there was only 5663 there , it was 7000 plus I'm sure !!

I thought the pitch invasion was great, bit of fun, very civilised, loved going on the pitch.

In my 22 years of attending matches and some of the rubbish we have been forced to watch, it is nice to be able to take part in events like and celebrate the achievement of the players and fans this season.

My mates commented on how well respected the announcements were, when asked to return to our seats, thats exactly what everyone did.

The stewards and police had a difficult task, and i thought they did a great job, common sense policing and stewarding

well done the fans, well done the club, well done the stewards and police

• Like 6

The lack of control on Sat was disturbing to say the least, not what I expected to see at Firhill. The stewards seemed incapable of restricting the pitch invasion and the polis ( with the exception of the wee sexy one !!) were conspicuous by their absence and inactive approach to the numpties running around the park with kids in their arms , is this what we are to expect now next season ? I hope not, The behaviour of some of our so called fans ( never recognised any of them !!) was appalling and I would appeal to the club to bar them from future games if at all possible. We will need more policing than this when we play the bigger boys !! A big crowd was expected so why wasn't the control in place ? And talking of the crowd , ki can't believe there was only 5663 there , it was 7000 plus I'm sure !!

Oh FFS!

We were on the pitch twice up the City End of the JHS and it was great fun. Me wee girl had the time of her life and we have memories of the day that will last a lifetime.

Deal with it.

For the record, the Police and Stewards were superb, they even helped folk get on the pitch.

• Like 2

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I thought it was rather tentative and polite as pitch invasions go. Most people seemed to wait and see what would happen with the young fans who went on first, then joined in once it became apparent that the authorites weren't bothered at all.

Didn't go on myself but have done so in the past (the Forfar promotion years ago, and Peterhead). Its not often the chance arises and its just a bit of fun.

I got the impression the stewards knew fine well people would go on. They looked suspiciously organised, and seemed to have a plan to get into formation to get everyone off again!

• Like 1

driv·el

v. driv·eled or driv·elled, driv·el·ing or driv·el·ling, driv·els

v.intr.

To slobber; drool.

To flow like spittle or saliva.

To talk stupidly or childishly.

v.tr.

To allow to flow from the mouth.

To say (something) stupidly.

n.

Saliva flowing from the mouth.

Stupid or senseless talk.
  • Like 3

Is this a wind up?

Disturbing, really? It was a title party, last home game of the season, trophy lifting etc... If the police and stewards wanted to stop people running onto the pitch i'm sure they could have and may have even had a bigger presence.

One of the stewards took pity on me and actually opened the gate to allow me onto the pitch; so I didn't exactly invade the pitch, more sauntered on hands in pocket. Prior to this I was in the process of working out if I could clear the fence and land on my feet; possibly with the aid of a commando roll - a move I perfected back in the day. I don't like to talk about it but there are one or two of us who possess certain skills that we perfected at the Savoy.

Anyway, as I was limbering up, touching my toes and trying to tie my plimsoles (had them stuffed in my back pocket just in case), the steward took pity on me. The problem was that I couldn't see my feet for my balaclava or maybe it was my belly; can't remember. But the fact is, Manpreet had given the command to go over the top and we were all going for it. So what was the problem exactly?

Edited by Meister Jag
  • Like 2

I got the impression that the "invasion" was almost orchestrated. Not something I've taken much notice of before but I'm fairly sure most good natured pitch invasions don't start with the youngest ones first, followed by the slightly bigger ones and so on.

Anyway it was clearly not unwelcome and obviously expected.

As pitch invasions go it was a bit of damp squib, I thought.

We made the effort to run all the way across to the main stand and the manager couldn't even be bothered to sing to us, unlike at Forfar and Inverness back in the day.

Time to sharpen up Archibald, if you're to be a true successor to the Great Lambini.... :innocent::lol:

As pitch invasions go it was a bit of damp squib, I thought.

We made the effort to run all the way across to the main stand and the manager couldn't even be bothered to sing to us, unlike at Forfar and Inverness back in the day.

Time to sharpen up Archibald, if you're to be a true successor to the Great Lambini.... :innocent::lol:

YOU RAN across the pitch and Mrs Skwerr let you.

I assume the life insurance is fully paid up.

Bet you enjoyed it old sir. :clapping: :worship:

:clapping:

If I had been there I would have joined in ... and it would have been my first invasion (if you discount Scotch Corner and I invading a Rangers Pub on Match day in Tampa a few years back with not a Steward in sight. Aye that pub won't be the same with all those high visiblity guys scrummed down at the door nowadays)

Edited by Shuggie