Glasgow Fa Statement - No Apology

Drew37

I wrote to Glasgow FA asking for their take on the behaviour of both the Rangers and Celtic fans at the Cup final.

This is what I got back...

All five clubs in the Association work closely throughout the year and I can confirm that any damage caused to the facilities at Firhill Stadium will be repaired to the satisfaction of Partick Thistle FC

http://www.glasgowfa.co.uk/ also has a statement.

Nowhere do they say sorry for what happened or make any comment on the poor behaviour.

Poor.

I wrote to Glasgow FA asking for their take on the behaviour of both the Rangers and Celtic fans at the Cup final.

This is what I got back...

All five clubs in the Association work closely throughout the year and I can confirm that any damage caused to the facilities at Firhill Stadium will be repaired to the satisfaction of Partick Thistle FC

http://www.glasgowfa.co.uk/ also has a statement.

Nowhere do they say sorry for what happened or make any comment on the poor behaviour.

Poor.

Maybe we should let our feeling known here http://www.glasgowfa.co.uk/contact.html

aslong as Firhill gets repaired then thats fine. It's not really the Glasgow FA's place to apologise for a bunch of fuds ripping up seats is it? they ripped up a few seats, they've no killed anyone, what exactly are we wanting them to do?

This has long been seen as Glasgow's problem, now the Glasgow football body should be condemning the damage,the missiles the smoke bombs, the flairs and the sectarian chanting, by doing or saying nothing they are condoning it by sweeping it under the carpet and allowing it to continue

aslong as Firhill gets repaired then thats fine. It's not really the Glasgow FA's place to apologise for a bunch of fuds ripping up seats is it? they ripped up a few seats, they've no killed anyone, what exactly are we wanting them to do?

I pretty much agree but the wider issue is that any 'authority' linked to this is responsible to put this in the proposer context and deal with it appropriately. The statement is very weak indeed and goes out of it's way to play the whole thing down. To drive this type of behavior from the game requires clear, unambiguous condemnation about how this will not be tolerated by them and they should punish the clubs with any means in their power, as well as making demands on the authorities to identify culprits. For me, this makes the Glasgow FA also part of the problem. Grow some Glasgow FA, "sweep sweep" right enough.

I pretty much agree but the wider issue is that any 'authority' linked to this is responsible to put this in the proposer context and deal with it appropriately. The statement is very weak indeed and goes out of it's way to play the whole thing down. To drive this type of behavior from the game requires clear, unambiguous condemnation about how this will not be tolerated by them and they should punish the clubs with any means in their power, as well as making demands on the authorities to identify culprits. For me, this makes the Glasgow FA also part of the problem. Grow some Glasgow FA, "sweep sweep" right enough.

I've mailed them, cause apart from the fury I feel over what went on its embarrassing having to explain yet again to my European and American workmates over in Norway as to how this happens and as to why it doesn't get eradicated and No not all of Glasgow or Scotland is like this. No one outside of the west of Scotland & Northern Ireland understands this problem, and no where else would tolerate it and currently thats what the football authorities, the Scottish Parliament & the Scottish Press do they tolerate it and allow it to go on. Until a club is banned for this carry on or groups and I mean groups are sent down for decent stretches it won't stop, there is absolutely no deterrent to the fans or to the clubs to stop the sectarianism and the violence it brings

• Like 2

No not all of Glasgow or Scotland is like this.

Sorry, most of Glasgow is like this. And having lived in Edinburgh and Dundee I know it is prevalent all over the country. When it comes to football, Partick Thistle fans and neutrals are in the extreme minority. As long as there is money to be made from bigotry, it will never cease.

For starters they could be coming out with a statement apologising to Thistle and stating that they find this sort of anti social behaviour unacceptable. With a weak statement like that, they are paying lip service to the problem. Thistle should tell them to ram their tin-pot cup where the sun don't shine.

• Like 1

toothless organisation, pathetic sweep sweep 2 line innaccurate statement, sad reflection on the sporting bodies that are supposed to look after the good of the whole game, and not the pandering to, and interests only of one bigot brother and its new born zombie sibling tribute act to a former bigot brother.

Our 30 second friendly pitch invasion after an injury time equaliser in a cup final apparently disgraced our support in the media. Yet this brushes through. If only the media weren't trying to be best mates with the old firm. Far too strong a connection in sport with the media. People don't want to upset in effect their colleagues.

I hope the old firm are properly punished for this.

• Members

Our 30 second friendly pitch invasion after an injury time equaliser in a cup final apparently disgraced our support in the media. Yet this brushes through. If only the media weren't trying to be best mates with the old firm. Far too strong a connection in sport with the media. People don't want to upset in effect their colleagues.

I hope the old firm are properly punished for this.

Picked up a Daily Record on the flight home yesterday and they had quite a damning report on the trouble at Firhill. I expect the media will have loved this story.

I never even knew there was a Glasgow FA until Monday night. From what I've heard since it's nothing more than a committee style drinking club.

The Glasgow Cup hasn't been significant for over 20 years now. I would have no objections if we withdrew. There will be plenty of opportunities to blood our youngsters and we don't need the association with this.

If it's deemed advantageous for our youth development to play in this competition fair enough otherwise I don't see why we need to associate with a tournament whose organisers won't condemn what happened on Monday night.

One thing I'm not clear about is whether Celtic were at home or Firhill was a neutral venue. I've been assuming it was a home match and thus there's every possibility of a repeat. If not we should make it clear that we don't want to be considered as a neutral venue when those two are involved.

Maybe we should let our feeling known here http://www.glasgowfa...uk/contact.html

Wot I wrote...

I've just read your feeble statement regarding the trouble at the Glasgow Cup Final played at Firhill on Monday night.

Could you not find words to utterly condemn the behaviour of these odious morons ? Could you not have provided us with an insight into the course of action you intend to take in order to a) punish the clubs involved and B) prevent a re-occurence of this type of totally unacceptable behaviour ?

Is it not time you took some kind of stance - in public!!! - against bigotry and violence ?

• Like 1

Could you not find words to utterly condemn the behaviour of these odious morons ? Could you not have provided us with an insight into the course of action you intend to take in order to a) punish the clubs involved and B) prevent a re-occurence of this type of totally unacceptable behaviour ?

Now you'll never get an answer.

If it's deemed advantageous for our youth development to play in this competition fair enough otherwise I don't see why we need to associate with a tournament whose organisers won't condemn what happened on Monday night.

One thing I'm not clear about is whether Celtic were at home or Firhill was a neutral venue. I've been assuming it was a home match and thus there's every possibility of a repeat. If not we should make it clear that we don't want to be considered as a neutral venue when those two are involved.

The GFA rotate the final venue through the five member clubs in the competition. So Firhill being the venue was not part of our arrangement with Celtic.

Wot I wrote...

I've just read your feeble statement regarding the trouble at the Glasgow Cup Final played at Firhill on Monday night.

Is it not time you took some kind of stance - in public!!! - against bigotry and violence ?

Lol...let us know their response.