Mcnamara - You Couldn't Make It Up...

Why do we, as fans, care so strongly about this?

Nobody had a problem with McNamara leaving, indeed it has served us well. The way he has behaved since then (indeed the way he behaved throughout the process) has been exceptionally graceless. The fact that McNamara continues to bend the ear of the regurgitative media while maintaining his 'vow of silence' has only served to highlight this lack of class.

McNamara Is the next Coyle, talks a good game and has some forward thinking ideas but lacks the backbone and practicality to be a good manager.

Nobody had a problem with McNamara leaving, indeed it has served us well. The way he has behaved since then (indeed the way he behaved throughout the process) has been exceptionally graceless. The fact that McNamara continues to bend the ear of the regurgitative media while maintaining his 'vow of silence' has only served to highlight this lack of class.

McNamara Is the next Coyle, talks a good game and has some forward thinking ideas but lacks the backbone and practicality to be a good manager.

I agree with the top part to an extent but think we think we should act with the class we want of him and let the courts decide on the matter. I thank him for everything he done for our club, lets face it we could have been in SFL for the next ten years if it wasn't for him, and am merely saddened by his media spouting. Giving him so much attention coming in to the next season is, in my mind, disrespectful of our current squad and management team who deserve our full attention.

May well turn out to be next Coyle but if after that he has succeeded in winning promotion to the EPL and gained praise up and down the country for his management then he will have done more than any Partick Thistle manager in living memory!

• Members

From Teamtalk.com on Friday (about halfway down the article)....... http://www.teamtalk....ajar-for-Celtic

Thompson also hopes to have the lingering issue of compensation due to Partick Thistle following January's appointment of Jackie McNamara as boss wrapped up within the next few days.

An ugly four-month stand-off has seen both sides threaten legal action but United are hopeful the dispute can finally be ironed out.

"We are in the final throws of resolving it," said Thompson. "We are looking forward to putting that behind us, particularly for Jackie.

"We want to move on. We have got to sit round the table with them next season, their chairman and myself, and work together now that Thistle are in the SPL.

"It's close to being legally sorted right now and hopefully that will be it concluded in the next few days. It's time to move on."

What difference does it make what league Thistle are in?

SPL, SFL they have a debt they are long overdue paying so his statement of getting round the table to sort it out now Thistle are in the SPL is a joke.

They must be totally skint and just relying on some cash for Russell to clear the mess up with Thistle.

What difference does it make what league Thistle are in?

SPL, SFL they have a debt they are long overdue paying so his statement of getting round the table to sort it out now Thistle are in the SPL is a joke.

They must be totally skint and just relying on some cash for Russell to clear the mess up with Thistle.

I'd say it's more to do with decisions that need to go to a vote, Dundee United may want something pushed through and Thistle may have the casting vote, so they may need Thistle "on side" in the future... Imagine loosing a vote, just because your manager was a complete shit to his previous club

I'd say it's more to do with decisions that need to go to a vote, Dundee United may want something pushed through and Thistle may have the casting vote, so they may need Thistle "on side" in the future... Imagine loosing a vote, just because your manager was a complete shit to his previous club

That's a good point. Not really au fait with current SPL politics but it looks like United are a club that require a few more allies.

Btw I believe I read somewhere if the SPL/SFL amalgamate that the 11/1 voting structure will remain in the top league. :(

That's a good point. Not really au fait with current SPL politics but it looks like United are a club that require a few more allies.

Btw I believe I read somewhere if the SPL/SFL amalgamate that the 11/1 voting structure will remain in the top league. :(

oh please dont say things like that !! thats one of the reasons scottish football is in the crap its in right now !!!!

they previously voted to alter the 11/1... aberdeen voted with celtic for it to remain in place.

The funny thing is Milne went off on one big time ranting at St Miren and Ross County on the failed attempt at League reconstruction but he was perfectly fine taking up Rangers place to keep the voting structure at 11-1 as soon as big Peter Lieswell told him to do it.

And even after finishing 8th he will still think he is part of the big two in the SPL :D

You would need to go back to the 80's for that.

What won't be "amicable" will be the reception he gets first time we play them ...

This x100.

Given the statement says 'full and final settlement' I'm guessing we got a lot more than the £50K Beattie was previously willing to settle for.

It also goes to show just how skint the DABS are given they had to sell their star striker to pay up.