Developments At Other Clubs....

Jaggernaut

Developments at other clubs doesn't stretch to the diddy leagues unless we're going to have updates from Arbroath, Stenny and the like.

The Lichties are apparently waiting on word from Steven Doris and Colin Hamilton if they will sign.for the club

Over at Stenny things have been a little bit busier http://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/news/2013/06/10/932/

The Lichties are apparently waiting on word from Steven Doris and Colin Hamilton if they will sign.for the club

Over at Stenny things have been a little bit busier http://www.stenhouse...2013/06/10/932/

That Stenny squad seems quite decent. In a normal season I might think they'd be in with a shout. Probably good enough to make the play offs but will I guess be behind Pars, East Fife and sevco

I wouldn't be against him coming back. Would be a welcome return for me. Take him over mcguigan and Elliot - even if they are younger with "potential".

McGuigan and Elliot haven`t had a chance to show what they can do ,so gi`es peace and give them a chance for frigs sake.
  • Like 1

I hate this not had a chance talk. Do you not think managers watch players in training? If they were good enough, and impress in training, then they would get the chance in the first team.

To be honest Elliot has had a fair amount of chances. He's certainly fast and has a physical presence but his actual footballing ability isn't there. He can't pass, shoot or cross.

McGuigan isn't SPL.

I hate this not had a chance talk. Do you not think managers watch players in training? If they were good enough, and impress in training, then they would get the chance in the first team.

To be honest Elliot has had a fair amount of chances. He's certainly fast and has a physical presence but his actual footballing ability isn't there. He can't pass, shoot or cross.

McGuigan isn't SPL.

going on that none of the present team would get a chance going on there first few seasons

• Like 1

According to soccerbase, Elliott's had 23 starts and 32 sub appearances as a Thistle player. McGuigan 6 starts and 17 sub appearances.

From what we've seen of them, I don't think either are SPL quality but hopefully they can prove me wrong. At 22 years old, Elliott's got a bit more time on his side than McGuigan at 24 years old - who in all honesty we are probably damaging by not giving first team football. Should definitely start the season out on loan at First Division level.

going on that none of the present team would get a chance going on there first few seasons

Exactly, people too quick to judge. If the guys wear a Thistle jersey that`s enough for me .I`ll def give them a decent chance, not friggin 10 mins here or there.If they get a run of games and don`t produce then that`s different .Until then back off .
  • Like 1

According to soccerbase, Elliott's had 23 starts and 32 sub appearances as a Thistle player. McGuigan 6 starts and 17 sub appearances.

From what we've seen of them, I don't think either are SPL quality but hopefully they can prove me wrong. At 22 years old, Elliott's got a bit more time on his side than McGuigan at 24 years old - who in all honesty we are probably damaging by not giving first team football. Should definitely start the season out on loan at First Division level.

I agree with this. These two lads are a bit unfortunate due to our success. If we were still a first division (sorry Championship) club then they would have a good chance of getting games next season. However we are now Premier league and that means they have a much bigger fence to jump. I think they are worth keeping but as you say best thing start of season would be loaned out to a first division (Championship?) club.

I agree with this. These two lads are a bit unfortunate due to our success. If we were still a first division (sorry Championship) club then they would have a good chance of getting games next season. However we are now Premier league and that means they have a much bigger fence to jump. I think they are worth keeping but as you say best thing start of season would be loaned out to a first division (Championship?) club.

But our squad is so few in number at present that we could not take the risk of sending some players out on loan.

The problem is that our squad is so lacking in numbers especially in attack that to do so would not be an option really.

Technically speaking he never left them - he's signed a contract extension (on half previous wages) which means not affected by registration embargo.

i thought he was screwed as he hadn't actually finished his contract before the ban came in so was still a Liverpool player or should i say they held his registration :thinking:

i thought he was screwed as he hadn't actually finished his contract before the ban came in so was still a Liverpool player or should i say they held his registration :thinking:

Well they don't want him so they're not objecting. The SPFL are saying since he had to be registered with them (old SPL) to play on loan they are considering his signing as an extension to the previous contract, even though it was a loan contract. Maybe they are stretching things a bit to help Hearts out.