Bannigan

GrantB

Woooooooohooooooooo!!!!!

For as great as last season was, I think we all recognised possibility that Thisle couldn't keep this young team together. But we are! I wonder if Chris Erskine is having second thoughts.

Love Stuart Bannigan. I think he represents everything that's good about our team. Young, hard working and doesn't give the ball away. And he's from my first home town. (Could he even be a Jags fan?)

One of the things that pleases me most about these re-signings and contract extensions is that it indicates that all the talk of team spirit, connection with the fans etc was for real, and that these guys really do enjoy playing for Thistle. For me, bringing last year's spirit through into next season is far more important than any new signings we could make.

Would love to see the others (Sinclair, Balatoni, Lawless etc) do the same in the coming days.

• Like 1

Woooooooohooooooooo!!!!!

For as great as last season was, I think we all recognised possibility that Thisle couldn't keep this young team together. But we are! I wonder if Chris Erskine is having second thoughts.

Love Stuart Bannigan. I think he represents everything that's good about our team. Young, hard working and doesn't give the ball away. And he's from my first home town. (Could he even be a Jags fan?)

I'm sure he's a Selik fan! boooo!

I'm quite astounded by this. Best bit of business we've done since McCall got Erskine, Doolan & Buchanan extending contracts a few years ago.

I've long been critical of our last venture into the SPL when Craigan, Archie, Hardie & Burns could, and all did, move on after one season. That I believe was just as critical a loss as the wasted money spent on the North Stand. This season we'll go into the SPL with relatively little additional expenditure on our ground and very few that can just walk next summer.

Even for some reason you don't rate Bannigan as highly as I do you still have to be inspired with the other re-signings of Muirhead, Fox, O'Donnell & Doolan. A lot of quality and/or potential there :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

Don't think we should be reading too much into those who haven't extended yet, just because others have. Plenty of time.

By the way, do we know for sure what contract extensions have been offered? Forbes was only given one year. Maybe Archie's happy enough to have others in the same boat for now. It could give him more options a year from now.