The Return Of Gretna.......

David Stevenson

Would it be fair to say that the Junior clubs such as Auchinleck, Cumnock, Pollok and Arthurlie are bigger, in terms of support etc, than these clubs?

I wonder how Clyde will feel, having committed to EK, to suddenly have another EK club in the structure.

Would it be fair to say that the Junior clubs such as Auchinleck, Cumnock, Pollok and Arthurlie are bigger, in terms of support etc, than these clubs?

I wonder how Clyde will feel, having committed to EK, to suddenly have another EK club in the structure.

Maybe happy to get a derby game

Did they apply? I had the impression that many of the bigger Junior clubs were not 100% up for it. The loss of traditional rivalries, the expense of up-grading stadia etc were big negatives for many.

EKFC have been working towards this for a few years & have recently been accepted into the South of Scotland league. For this reason i was surprised about Clyde pursuing a move to EK. I haven't heard any more about them moving since the initial votes

EK are at Calderglen K-Park where the Jags reserves have been playing. EK Thistle are at the Village Showpark.

EK Clyde will be at Langlands which is even more remote than Deadwood but like above post not heard anything since the April vote.

EK are at Calderglen K-Park where the Jags reserves have been playing. EK Thistle are at the Village Showpark.

EK Clyde will be at Langlands which is even more remote than Deadwood but like above post not heard anything since the April vote.

STV says Clyde will groundshare at K-Park http://sport.stv.tv/football/229829-clyde-not-worried-about-move-as-east-kilbride-join-lowland-league/

EKFC have been working towards this for a few years & have recently been accepted into the South of Scotland league. For this reason i was surprised about Clyde pursuing a move to EK. I haven't heard any more about them moving since the initial votes

the keanes who are running e.k. have built a decent wee park up calderglen, even got a wee stand and have people like john hartson aboard. they'll do well, people had no money n were involved in ek thistle. (the junior team)were offered money n the n keane bros said he'd put money in, n the boy in command of ek thistle said you can't take control unless i'm involved, n they didnt want him involved because he's a cowboy. so they started their own team up calderglen. the keane's are good boys and they will run it good. good luck to them. their team is doin well. i'll need to shut up now Edited by The Mighty Quinn

**** Gretna and all their bullshit reincarnations.

a bit below the belt. It was Brookes Mileson that shafted Gretna & although their long time fans had a nice little ride, at the end of it they lost their team. If they get back to the lower reaches of the SFL (or SPFL) that will be the level where they possibly belonged

• Like 1

a bit below the belt. It was Brookes Mileson that shafted Gretna & although their long time fans had a nice little ride, at the end of it they lost their team. If they get back to the lower reaches of the SFL (or SPFL) that will be the level where they possibly belonged

Ah,Sid & Doris Bonkers. Met them a couple of times. A really nice couple :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

Did they apply? I had the impression that many of the bigger Junior clubs were not 100% up for it. The loss of traditional rivalries, the expense of up-grading stadia etc were big negatives for many.

There needs to be more in it for the Juniors to get involved.

For a start, the assumption that they would all have to spend money "improving" their grounds has not gone down well with a lot of the clubs. There are nothing wrong with most of these grounds, in most cases they are a much more enjoyable place to watch a game than many of the grounds in the SFL.

• Like 1