Transfer Targets

ForeverandEver

Missed the Annan game but from what I've seen from the other four games I'll be surprised if Craigen and Forbes aren't starters. Craigen like Bannigan is exceptionally fit so it's as well to give him the full 90 mins. I feel he'll justify starting most weeks. I think the line up for away games might be tweaked. I'm not too sure of a Kerr/Murray partnership but McMillan might be brought in to the defence. In fact I'm far from certain McMillan won't start home matches as well.

Who were the two holding midfielders at annan?

i know he played 2 together in the first half.... but in the second, Murray came on and played on his own in the holding midfield role?

Welsh and Fraser with Welsh probably given more license of the 2 to push forward. 2nd half Fraser pushed forwards a bit, especially after Murray came on for Welsh.

Jesus relax.....there is still a couple of weeks before the first game!

& there's 5/6 weeks until transfer window closes.

It was the management team who mentioned about having to bring in players.

Archie saying about getting players already at the club game time so they're fit for start of the season so unless someone comes in before Saturday's game I would very much doubt they'll start v DU the following week.

Any more injuries to the squad or injury set backs to Bannigan or Welsh & we're stretched very thin.

Right back. Been training with us since may.

Been told he could leave as was 3rd choice behind van Zanten and Barron. Now both are injured.

Had a couple of disappointed texts as a few saw him as a real star of the future.

Hopefully comeuppance for them "getting" Barron when that bunnett was in charge.

That's good about Fraser. Hate the situation that if he does really well he's that bit more likely to be recalled in January. Just got to hope that.Bolton have an embarrassment of quality ahead of Fraser. Lad his age is more likely to improve as the season progresses so I'd like think if he lives up to the hype he'll be with us all season.

edited to add I didn't realise Fraser was a trialist at Durham.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Right back. Been training with us since may.

Been told he could leave as was 3rd choice behind van Zanten and Barron. Now both are injured.

Had a couple of disappointed texts as a few saw him as a real star of the future.

Hopefully comeuppance for them "getting" Barron when that bunnett was in charge.

St Mirren or Thistle? :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

.............................Fox..........................

O'Donnel.. Muirhead..balatoni. Bannigan

......................Kerr.........Welsh..................

.....Mukendi..........Forbes............Lawless

..............................Baird.........................

If Mukendi isn't up to it then I'd switch Bannigan to midfield and play a new LB that we've yet to sign.

.............................Fox..........................

O'Donnel.. Muirhead..balatoni. Bannigan

......................Kerr.........Welsh..................

.....Mukendi..........Forbes............Lawless

..............................Baird.........................

If Mukendi isn't up to it then I'd switch Bannigan to midfield and play a new LB that we've yet to sign.

not a fan of Sinclair?

To be honest the signings so far are disappointingly weak. Obviously money's tight etc. but totally uninspiring.

Gallacher and Kerr are good signings. I hope that we can recall Scully if necessary, e.g. Fox or Gallacher gets injured. Not sure about Baird - is he better than Craig who has just signed for League Two's Wycombe Wanderers?

We needed recruits for the U20s who can cover for and compete with first team players. Bolton were prepared to pay decent money for Fraser in January. He and Mukendi will be monitored by their parent clubs who will expect them to improve. Meechan has an opportunity to show that Danny Lennon was wrong in releasing him.

My concerns are unchanged - a lack of defensive cover and competition for Doolan.

McMillan has been played at left back on at least three occasions so far. I wouldn't think he'd necessarily get preferred ahead of Sinclair but I don't see Bannigan reverting to left back unless in an emergency. I don't think at this time in his career Stuart would want to be known as a Jack of all trades. I doubt he'd have signed an extension if he thought he wasn't going to be played in a preferred position.

I don't believe signing another left back position will be as high a priority as two or three other positions. We'll have Sinclair with McMillan, Bannigan and an under 20 covering. Ideally signing a centre back that can cover as a left back would be useful.Btw all the trialist centre backs so far, tho' played left, appear to be right sided so I doubt any of them would suffice.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett