Season Tickets

ptfc.no.1

Mine too. I also got a second voucher and letter this morning although that could be for my sons under 16 season ticket. Imagine the chaos is everyone gets 2, combined with the row painting issue?

Got my voucher for Limasol and DU but none for my two boys. I thought that U16's were not getting vouchers as entry is free for them anyway. I could be wrong, I could be right. Who knows.

Communication from the club is dreadful. So many questions raised here which would have been unnecessary if the club had clearly and concisely told us what is going on.

Got my voucher for Limasol and DU but none for my two boys. I thought that U16's were not getting vouchers as entry is free for them anyway. I could be wrong, I could be right. Who knows.

Communication from the club is dreadful. So many questions raised here which would have been unnecessary if the club had clearly and concisely told us what is going on.

The club must have spent a small fortune on posting out these letters and it wouldn't have taken much to notify new ticket holders like myself, my son and my pal of our seat allocations. The cynic in me says it's easier to run off 2000 or so standard letters and recoup the costs via the 0844 number when people like me phone to find out my seat number.

The amount of money the Club will save with these new season tickets should not be underestimated. It will be of benefit to the Club financially.

There's been a few hiccups, I'm sure some of us can forgive the Club in time.

Do you have any figures to hand?

Don't know if this is of interest, but my Celtic supporting mate tells me their season tickets have been reduced by a (whopping) £100 this year.Apparently the official line is that the reduction follows a good financial year for the club last year.

My cynical interpretation is that they've just noticed that their ST sales have dropped from 55000 to 40000 and are trying a price reduction.

Don't know if this is of interest, but my Celtic supporting mate tells me their season tickets have been reduced by a (whopping) £100 this year.Apparently the official line is that the reduction follows a good financial year for the club last year.

My cynical interpretation is that they've just noticed that their ST sales have dropped from 55000 to 40000 and are trying a price reduction.

The fact is, as much as they try and deny that they miss them or need them, if Rangers aren't in the equation the tims aren't interested.

• Like 1

So you're just guessing then?

Not guessing, a mixture of taking someones word and making a logical assumption based on a couple of things.

My friend has worked in the marketing industry for a number of years and has had first hand experience in creating, printing and distributing numerous different posters, flyers, banners and such like for large and small companies. I told him about our new season ticket being similar to a credit card and he said straight off the bat that it was a very wise decision.

His company actually had an order to print and produce season tickets for a League One team in England, (can't remember the team) and after two years the contract came to an end because they opted to revert from paper season tickets to a plastic card. Purely because of financial reasons as

a) they won't need to print of X amount of paper season tickets every summer

b )they don't need to produce X amount of credit card lookalike season tickets every summer

c) the new season tickets offer the club to keep track of how often the season ticket holder has used the card and if they wanted to renew all they have to do is scan the card and activate it for the new season

I can't see why the Club would introduce this if it wasn't beneficial to the Club. Even taking the unforeseen risk that, if the tickets weren't ready on time they would need to post out vouchers for season ticket holders within a short time frame.

Edited by northernsoul

I remember at the time this was announced that media were applauding Celtic for this. However, it then emerged that this was for basic adult season tickets only. There were many complaints that the price for other types of ticket(eg family STS), the price was actually going up.

Not guessing, a mixture of taking someones word and making a logical assumption based on a couple of things.

My friend has worked in the marketing industry for a number of years and has had first hand experience in creating, printing and distributing numerous different posters, flyers, banners and such like for large and small companies. I told him about our new season ticket being similar to a credit card and he said straight off the bat that it was a very wise decision.

His company actually had an order to print and produce season tickets for a League One team in England, (can't remember the team) and after two years the contract came to an end because they opted to revert from paper season tickets to a plastic card. Purely because of financial reasons as

a) they won't need to print of X amount of paper season tickets every summer

b )they don't need to produce X amount of credit card lookalike season tickets every summer

c) the new season tickets offer the club to keep track of how often the season ticket holder has used the card and if they wanted to renew all they have to do is scan the card and activate it for the new season

I can't see why the Club would introduce this if it wasn't beneficial to the Club. Even taking the unforeseen risk that, if the tickets weren't ready on time they would need to post out vouchers for season ticket holders within a short time frame.

Down with this sense, logic and optimism. Didn't you realise this has been the worst, most scandalous summer in the history of our club because we haven't released a DVD and because for two matches we won't be in the North Stand?

Down with this sense, logic and optimism. Didn't you realise this has been the worst, most scandalous summer in the history of our club because we haven't released a DVD and because for two matches we won't be in the North Stand?

You're right of course. There were many times under the last regime (Cowan/Hughes especially) where the club was in a worse place than it is just now.

• Like 1

Apparently parents who got their kids a season ticket received their adult ticket in the post for Friday....

But have to queue at the ground to get their kids ticket?

Why not send out the kids ticket... Or save money and ask them to queue for both.

Eh? Where will they queue? It's cash at the turnstiles on Friday so there's nowhere else to queue other than at the actual gate where kids at the home end get in for free whether season ticket holders or not. There's no extra queue, adult goes in through the gate with their voucher, their kid goes in at the same time for free as they are u16.

The club get criticised for sending out vouchers and now seem to be getting it for not sending vouchers to the 1 group of ST holders who don't need a voucher.