Arbroath

The Cup

Archie saying its a no brainer us taking him on loan would make you think he is a decent player.

He's an Academy player, and hasn't even been a regular at that level. He did do enough to earn a deal with Liverpool and progress to their U21 Academy team, but has since then had a spell on loan at League Two team in England where he started one competitive game and had 7 sub appearances in his six months. He then returned to Liverpool and featured once for their U21 team. I don't think people should be expecting an awful lot from him.

He's hardly kicked a ball at a competitive level, seems an awful big jump to go from U18/U21 football to playing first team football in the SPL (so whatever it is that it's called?).

Today's team is

Scott Fox, Jordan McMillan, Aaron Sinclair, Hugh Murray, Aaron Muirhead, Conrad Balatoni, Henoc Mukendi, James Craigen, John Baird, Ross Forbes, Christie Elliott.

Subs: Paul Gallacher, Kris Doolan, Stephen O'Donnell, Trialist One, Declan McDaid, David Wilson, Trialist Two.

No Kerr or McGuigan.

Edited by kni

Its not, but when you look at players missing today along with trialists playing etc I wouldnt look too much into it.

Historically I cant remember us ever doing too well in pre season games, with the exception of last year!

True. I remember we had some good friendly results under Gerry Collins. I think we beat Ayr 6-0 or 6-1.

I really wanted to gloat about St Mirren losing heavily to Morton and how the SPFL is pish but this takes the shine off it.

4-2 Morton

Not that it's relevant on a Jags forum, but that's the first time Morton have won the Renfrewshire Cup for a few years, I think.

On a Jags note, seeing as we're trying to judge where we stand after defeat to lower league opposition, hopefully it's an indication that St. Mirren are shite.

Not that it's relevant on a Jags forum, but that's the first time Morton have won the Renfrewshire Cup for a few years, I think.

On a Jags note, seeing as we're trying to judge where we stand after defeat to lower league opposition, hopefully it's an indication that St. Mirren are shite.

Going forward it could be argued the are one of the best in the league with teale, McGowan, mcginn and harkins forming a 4 across the park behind Thompson.

At the back they are easily the worst in the league. They don't have a left back, van Zanten is one dimensional, McGregor will be injured after 3 games and McAusland is a bomb scare.

They hAd a new keeper making his debut today and by all accounts he is hopeless.

Lennon Out, already. But then again there's folk in paisley who've wanted him out since the day he arrived.