New Striker

rodmac

Daryll Duffy was one of these players who promised a lot but then did not deliver what I expected. I saw he has signed for a team in India. He is better than that and I am thinking his time there will be relatively short much like people going to China.

Was on trial at Kilmarnock during pre-season, don't think he's the striker we're needing.

When I said we need a big centre that's a good heidar I wasn't expecting to be taken literally.

I always liked him as a player, especially in red and yellow at Watford. It's a pity that injuries hampered his career. I hadn't realised that he had retired as he was on the PFA's available list.

I think Baird, Doolan and Mukendi deserve shots to prove themselves until Christmas, and then get another striker in if they fail to impress.

Harsh to rule Doolan out as not being good enough as our main striker after one game. There were a few games in the first last season when he didn't impose himself as much as he could, but still had a very good scoring record by the end of the season. He's done enough the last couple of years to get a run to show that he's good enough in the SPFL.

• Like 1

I think Baird, Doolan and Mukendi deserve shots to prove themselves until Christmas, and then get another striker in if they fail to impress.

I tend to agree but as I said earlier I doubt there's anyone suitable in our price bracket anyway.If Mukendi's not up to it he can go back to Liverpool in January or play out the season in the Under 20s if his club so wish. Five or six months saving to budget could ensure we could get a decent striker in if even only for the 2nd part of the season.

We're not short on numbers so there's no point just bringing in a "hopeful".

I thought their number 9 caused a few problems tonight, although he did produce one of the worst finishes I have ever seen after managing to go past about three or four of our players!

I thought the No 9 was Moffat. A couple of seasons ago Ayr thought they were onto a winner but he flopped in Div 1.

Was Shankland the fella that came on with 5 mins to go?

Quite liked the ex Rangers guy Donald but O'Donnell played him well.

I notice Andy Barrowman in todays Herald saying he still hasn't managed to get fixed up. I always thought he was a decent player, is he worth taking a wee gamble on, a different type from Dools and Baird.

Think he is probably a first division, sorry Championship player, but he wouldn't cost much and could be a decent impact sub!!

Why did we let Craig go ?

In hindsight, one guy we should have been in for was Carlo Monti of Pollok, at least as a squad option up front. Totally unproven at SPL level but Dundee have signed him for this season and having seen him play, he looks like he could well still make it.

If we had signed someone from the Juniors who had previously been below average at SFL1 (albeit in a different position) then there would have been a lot of people doubting Archie.

I thought the No 9 was Moffat. A couple of seasons ago Ayr thought they were onto a winner but he flopped in Div 1.

Was Shankland the fella that came on with 5 mins to go?

Quite liked the ex Rangers guy Donald but O'Donnell played him well.

Yeah, Moffat was the No9 and Shankland came on with 5 mins to go. Based on what I saw, Moffat is playing at the right level and Shankland could do a job for us in the future...

Yeah, Moffat was the No9 and Shankland came on with 5 mins to go. Based on what I saw, Moffat is playing at the right level and Shankland could do a job for us in the future...

After seeing him play for 5mins? :huh: He seems to have decent reputation with alot of bigger teams having a look at him but none of the teams have taken that interest any further, plus he hasn't played that many matches for Ayr.