Potential Heartsache

CCjag

Err, if Jags fans are in the main stand and the JH stand, then aren't the timothies in the north stand enclosed by Jags fans on 2 sides? Weren't just about all away fans in the JH stand last season enclosed on 2 sides?

I take your point but only if you take the NS and North end of JHS as one block. But I you take them as separate sections, then they are no enclosed on 2 sides.

I have already acknowledged that there was no problem last season and at the Ayr game. I highlighted the Morton game, because tha was the only one where away fans had the main stand and part of the JHS.

I asked what I think is a valid question, which no one has answered. Why was it ok for away teams to be in the north end of the JHS last season, but not this

I take your point but only if you take the NS and North end of JHS as one block. But I you take them as separate sections, then they are no enclosed on 2 sides.

I have already acknowledged that there was no problem last season and at the Ayr game. I highlighted the Morton game, because tha was the only one where away fans had the main stand and part of the JHS.

I asked what I think is a valid question, which no one has answered. Why was it ok for away teams to be in the north end of the JHS last season, but not this

Totally valid question LJ possibly down to greater numbers of fans coming from both home and away supports, but Dumfermiline and Morton both brought big crowds as did Falkirk to an extent and they were in the corner of the JHS (Mainstand as well for the Morton), but with Thistle selling an extra 1000 season tickets and an expected increase in pay at the gate fans, maybe we beleieve that we may need more of the JHS, or the police believe there is a greater risk in the SPFL for trouble between the visits of Caley & County compared to Airdrie & Morton

• Like 1

So, how are you determining "enclosed on two sides"? You said that, to your knowledge police do not allow away fans to be enclosed on two sides. and this was one of the reasons celtic need to be in the NS. You have no evidence to back this statement up, but its your belief. We have given our interpretation of "enclosed on two sides"... But above, you disagree with this... so what is your interpretation (and therefore the polices) of enclosed on two sides.

Incidentally, i looked through the thread and can't actually see where you asked why it was ok for away teams to be in the north end of the JHS last season, but not this.

But, I dont think anyone has said it's not ok for away fans to be in the north end of the JHS.

But, the club have made a decsion to move away fans, i don't know why. maybe you could ask them? Maybe they did it to fleece an extra 2 quid a head out them, which backfired?