Not In Yet

Fearchar

Wasn't there but it seems ,as usual , as it's been all season ,our defence is disorganised. I always shiver when I see Gabby's name on the team sheet.The amount of times we're conceding 3,4,5, goals is shocking.

Totally gobsmacked by that result. I've been behind Archie since he took over but a result like today is devastating for moral.Big task ahead now for him and the players to prove themselves.

Edited by angry gaz

From about 25 mins onwards it was a poor performance. The game should have been put to bed by then however Lyle's tendency to lash at it in front of goal probably cost us.

The team lost their way and seemed to go into their shell as Hearts grow in confidence with a goal either side of half time they barely deserved at that point.

The team need to stand up and be counted now if they don't that game today may define our season. It's not just them though some elements of the home support today were shocking and didn't help as the young guys in the middle of the park struggled. It's your right to boo and walk out but I don't know who you think you are helping, your just an embarressment as far as I am concerned.

• Like 2

For 20 mins we were dominant 1 goal, 2 misses. Started namby pamby messing about, wasting time, when we should have been going for the jugular. Higgy,Erskine were anonymous, Macmillan is too slow for our game. Allowed Hearts back in and they took it. Big blow for our confidence, I think.

IMHO they sat back after scoring the first goal, thinking they didn't want to be too hard on Hearts. That's stupidly naive in any competition, but doubly so in the relegation zone. On that performance, we deserve the drop.

Exactly that. We scored and then assumed we'd walk all over them.

I've not been embarrassed by a result in a while but that showing was exactly that. I can't see where we'll pick up any points from in the last 5 games. It's worrying.

• Like 1

Just in and raging - I really wanted us to beat Hearts more than any other game. We should have been out of sight after 20 minutes - Hearts were very poor. We then completely fell out the game and the equaliser was coming. We were so bad we then made Hearts look good - some very poor individual performances.

I've not been impressed by Bauben but didn't think the balance of the side was right. Doolan buried his chance for the goal but was on the byeline at right back for their first goal. We were embarrassingly awful at times, panicky and directionless. It's the first time we've looked like we deserve to go down.

I have not been a fan of Piccolo but he was one of the least culpable today.

That was horrific today and from very very early on we had no energy and only a couple of moves up front gave us a goal and nearly sneaked another.

No fight or desire which was a real disappointment for me and only Gallagher gets a pass mark.

Now a real fight to survive sadly :(

I left early but I do not boo my own team. Have not felt so angry and disappointed for a long time. Said to a friend before the game that Hearts strength is in their midfield so I felt looking at our team we would struggle against them. For the first 20 minutes we looked good and should have been 2up but we once we sat back and allowed their midfield to run at us we were in trouble. For the first time this season I was very disappointed with the management, they were far to slow to change things. If we manage to stay up then Archie has some serious thinking to do, a lot of our players are just not good enough for this level.

Absolutely terrible. As mentioned above, we should have been 2-0 up after 20 mins as Taylor was clean through. Unfortunately for the next 70 minutes we looked like a pub team. Defending on our 18 yard line, unable to string 2 passes together, hoofing it anywhere, and totally rattled. They seemed to have 10 yards space in possession at all times - we did not. We looked like the away side.

The whole team was shit, except perhaps Gallagher in goal, and Taylor in particular had by far the worst game I have seen him play. Seemed to spend it all shinning the ball over the bye line and then punching the air in theatrical disgust. Our entire midfield was AWOl between 20 mins and 85 mins, and we were totally outclassed by a team of U21s playing for an all but relegated, in admin, outfit. Not sure why Higgy was pulled after 55 mins when we needed 2 goals, although Prince looked okay - maybe he was the other passmark today.

Disaster to see St Murn win too.

Apart from the above it was a great day out.

Well where do you start with that? The most gutless performance of the season by far. Gave the ball away so often, nobody willing to go and try and win it back when we did give it away. I know it's hard to take anything from today but could this be a massive kick up the backside to the players and hopefully make them realise they really need to up their game if we want to stay in the league? I hope so. 5 cup finals coming up and I'm confident we should be able to win 3 or 4 of them, if we play like we did today however, we can book our play-off tickets right now.

While there are serious question marks over whether some of our players are good enough for the SPFL - Craigen, O Donnell, McMillan, Muirhead, Balatoni Mair Piccolo Welsh and I now admit Lawless. Taylor All these may or may not be but they deserve their chance to give it a go after what they did for us last season.

Doolan is good enough for the SPL even though he was average today - still best player for us today even though he was not great.

Bannigan and Fraser were poor - but Im not likely to be as harsh given their age and inexperience - though they need to be far better

I can see several players hurting tonight who do have passion for Partick Thistle - Doolan, Erskine, Gallacher,Fraser, Bannigan of the subs who came on =- Craigen because regardless of whether he is good enough or not he does have a passion for the club and some who are injured - Welsh, Balatoni, Muirhead, Bannigan,

While I am annoyed at the whole team today who should be hanging their heads in shame I am disgusted by the players who are good enough for the SPL and could be with other SPL teams - Lyle, Kallum and Prince. They are good players but not one of them looked interested, while they dont have the weight problem each one of them seemed t have the Gary O Connor syndrome - I couldnt care less attitude. I though Jamies Hamill had more fighting spirit in his pinky than these 3 put together.

Hell Ive been critical of Craigen this season but we have him for another season he cares about Partick Thistle would rather he got a game than say Prince Bauben who seems disinterested and unfit

Yep some of the subs were baffling. With the game over with 20 minutes to go, surely it would have been an ideal time to give Moncur a run out just to see if he has anything to offer.

Absolutely - he might not have the same ability as guys like Taylor, Higgy etc but he does not strike me as someone who will give up and behave like a coward

Absolue shocker of a performance! Can't honestly remember a game changing so much in my entire Jags supporting life.For the first 30 minutes we were good and only profligate finishing from Taylor and to a lesser extent Doolan, prevented us establishing an unasaillable lead if you can use that description with our side.

Just like the Ross County, Inverness and Kilmarnock game you could physically see the confidence rushing out of the team as half-time approached and it was absolutely no surprise when they scored, but it was a huge shock to lose 4 to the bottom side,

I'm not going to name individuals, for frankly the whole lot of them with the exception of Gallagher and maybe Ersline and Doolan, totallly bottled it to produce a performance worthy of the bunnett at his worst, it was that bloody inept.

We'll hopefully just have to put it down as an aberation, because if we play like that for the rest of the season we'll not have to worry about finishing 11th , since I couldn't see us beating anyone in that mthat baode.

IMO the worst gubbing, since Hearts beat us 4 or 5-0 at Firhill. It was that bad!!!!!

Edited by stillresigned
  • Like 1

After watching yesterday's defeat ,can't help but think Archie was totally out thought by Gary Locke . Watching the game ,first 25 mins were absolutely fine, midfield had plenty time on the ball to get their passes away after that Jamie Hamill totally controlled the game by talking and cajoling their young players through the game. Interesting to see them closing down Gary Fraser and try to play him on his left side where he is totally uncomfortable where he eventually got taken off. Looked to me we needed a competitor and a tackler in midfield , I would have put McMillan in there and brought SOD on . Archie and Shaggys comments last week prior to the game were totally unnecessary and added undue pressure to the team. Archie's comments regarding money if they went down were like listening to Lambie in the 80s but the main difference Lambie was dealing with experienced pros not players trying to make their way in the game and Shaggys comments regarding getting better players in next year is hardly going to have a galvanising affect. Coincidence or not ?

Edited by jlsarmy

Absolutely - he might not have the same ability as guys like Taylor, Higgy etc but he does not strike me as someone who will give up and behave like a coward

How do you know that? He has had one sub appearance for a few minutes. He must wonder why he came to Firhill.