Potential Heartsache

CCjag

2300 tickets given to Hearts and £1 from every ticket sold going to Hearts.Main stand only it is then for them.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20130812/ticket-info-partick-thistle-a_2241384_3346058

WTF! These ***** insisted on a 'second vote',as a result of which Thistle were demoted, with the financial consequences that followed. I wouldn't give them the steam off my piss.

Edited by Charlie Endell
  • Like 1

WTF! These ***** insisted on a 'second vote',as a result of which Thistle were demoted, with the financial consequences that followed. I wouldn't give them the steam off my piss.

That was Robinson & Co, who are long gone. I suppose their secretary Campbell Ogilvie may have been the very man that cast a vote for yon other club that no longer exist. That would be taking a grudge too far. Besides we made an offer to Dunfermline as well but again their culprit, Yorston was already out the door..

That was Robinson & Co, who are long gone. I suppose their secretary Campbell Ogilvie may have been the very man that cast a vote for yon other club that no longer exist. That would be taking a grudge too far. Besides we made an offer to Dunfermline as well but again their culprit, Yorston was already out the door..

Aye, but Dunfermline didn't specifically set out to financially damage Thistle.

Agreed. The only way for our debt-ridden club to succeed is to build a stand for nobody to sit in. .

Hi there "1971"

Interesting post. Can you tell me why you think we are "debt ridden"? I was under the impression that the debt was down at a manageable level and that we would in fact incur penalty charges from the bank if we paid it off early.

Can you explain why you think otherwise?

Thanks

Aye, but Dunfermline didn't specifically set out to financially damage Thistle.

I think you'll find nobody held a gun to John Yorkston's head to make him vote against us. Anyway all the baddies are away from that club as with Hearts now, unlike Hibs & Aberdeen.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Agreed. The only way for our debt-ridden club to succeed is to build a stand for nobody to sit in. .

Our debts coming down we have been making profits for the last few seasons and finally budgeting for a profit instead of a loss, sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate, building seats may do that when a proper cost / impact analysis is carried out how much will it cost Vs how much will it bring in and work out how long it will take to pay for itself, knocking down terracing without planning permission, or moving a directors box won't accumulate us anything except a bigger debt its dead money its never going to make us anything, a new stand may

This. Hearts delayed administration to avoid relegation and should be in the Championship.

The Jambos owed Heriot-Watt over £145k in rent for the training ground. Even the Big Heart Community Trust was owed £34k. Lots of small businesses were owed 4 and 5 figure sums that they could not afford to lose.

I agree with Mr Endell. I wouldn't be giving them a penny - they shat in their own bed and now they have to lie in it. Why should we be losing out on £2300, giving it to a basically bankrupt club? HMFC did the same as the old Rangers - would it have been a wonderful gesture if the club had given them money?

• Like 1

Is it not to our benefit that Hearts are still in the top division with a 15 point penalty instead of say Morton on level pegging ?

Don't you believe in football integrity? It was obvious that Hearts were doomed to admin from the start of the year. They managed to stave off the inevitable by racking up more debts and stuffing the supporters trust. They even spent most of this season's ticket income before going into admin. They should have been relegated for the latter alone.

However, we should be confident that our management and players have the ability to stay up without the benefit of a 15 point advantage over one of our opponents. Frankly, I would be more comfortable playing Morton this season. I would not prostitute sporting integrity for a 15 point advantage over any club. What a difference 12 months makes!

• Like 1

Is it not to our benefit that Hearts are still in the top division with a 15 point penalty instead of say Morton on level pegging ?

How much a week do you think they are paying Danny Wilson, who they signed on the 30th June after the SFA allowed it but had tried to initially put it through on the 10th of June, but were in process of winding up order for unpaid tax, remember they went into administration on the 19th of June.

Our £2300 pound is small compared to his annual salary plus bonuses, if they hadn't signed him when fully knowing where they were heading the following week they could have saved more

• Like 1

Firhill is supposed to be free for U16 at league games. But Hearts are charging £5 for U16 tickets. Are Hearts therefore pocketing this money also over and above the £1 we are giving them.

In a way I disagree as this has become one of our best proponents of the Jags leading change in Scottish football. Can I ask if anyone knows what is club policy for this and which club is benefiting from this pricing policy?

Firhill is supposed to be free for U16 at league games. But Hearts are charging £5 for U16 tickets. Are Hearts therefore pocketing this money also over and above the £1 we are giving them.

In a way I disagree as this has become one of our best proponents of the Jags leading change in Scottish football. Can I ask if anyone knows what is club policy for this and which club is benefiting from this pricing policy?

Away u16s are £5. We're charging £5, it's nothing to do with Hearts.

Dundee Utd. under16s were charged £5. Same for all visiting fans now.

We changed the goal posts regarding charging away U16's 2 days before the DUFC game after we were informed we couldn't charge more for the Main Stand than the NS or JHS, so please don't give it our club is taking the moral high ground with away fans and helping other clubs and supporters

We changed the goal posts regarding charging away U16's 2 days before the DUFC game after we were informed we couldn't charge more for the Main Stand than the NS or JHS, so please don't give it our club is taking the moral high ground with away fans and helping other clubs and supporters

Serious question, why are you so irate about everything to do with the BoD these days? You seem very worked up about a number of things and from what I remember of your posting history I don't think is used to be the case. What's bothered you so much?