Potential Heartsache

CCjag

Are you totally convinced that this is all Thistle's doing. That the police/council/SPFL had no part in forcing this.

It was obviously the boards decision to let the Celtic fans have the NS, but that was after being told that the main stand was no go for them. I believe that away support must be given an allocation. Add to that, that police wont allow away support to be enclosed on 2 sides, the only option is to give Celtic the NS.

If anybody has categorical evidence tha this isn't the case, I would love to see it.

Where were the away fans (except Morton) housed last year..... North side of the JHS... enclosed on 2 sides, how did we manage to hide that from the police.

good post.

here's another example and question for Lenziejoker, of lost money to the club.

how many don't join up to the CF because it is so badly run, or don't opt for the highest level, due to it's shambolic running?

how many £240's is the club losing out on (or portions of that) every season?

£240 is almost the cost of a ST. multiply that by whatever number of lost ciustomers to it (and the shortfall of lost income for those who choose not to take the highest contribution option), and tell me, do you think it's not much money, and not really worth getting bothered about?

Come on,man - don't resort to name calling.

I don't have any argument with this. Not drawing the CF could well have an impact on future members. This is something that should have been done.

I guess this is where our opinions differ. I don't really think that the club are deliberately treating the supporters shoddily, I think there was too much to try to do and not enough people with the right knowledge or skills to do it

I don't see how anybody could argue with this. I don't believe anyone on here has said or even alluded to that the Club deliberately set out to treat the fans/customers shoddily.

Will you accept that the Club are largely well aware they are treating the fans/their customers shoddily? Or do you feel the Club are largely unaware they're treating the fans/their customers shoddily? A simple yes or no will do. That way I feel we can see clearer just where you're coming from.

No, I can't. I heard it or read somewhere. Do you have evidence that they can - which is what I asked about

All of last season and the Ayr United game?

How's that for starters.

You are the one who is saying it can't be done. You admit you don't know if what you are saying is correct, but you want everyone else to provide evidence you are wrong?

Have you replied to Yoda's post from earlier debunking your DVD figures that were grossly stacked in your favour, or have you just ignored that?

Predicted sales 1000

Minimum run 2500

It will make a loss I say!

I don't see how anybody could argue with this. I don't believe anyone on here has said or even alluded to that the Club deliberately set out to treat the fans/customers shoddily.

Will you accept that the Club are largely well aware they are treating the fans/their customers shoddily? Or do you feel the Club are largely unaware they're treating the fans/their customers shoddily? A simple yes or no will do. That way I feel we can see clearer just where you're coming from.

In some things yes, in others no.

All of last season and the Ayr United game?

How's that for starters.

You are the one who is saying it can't be done. You admit you don't know if what you are saying is correct, but you want everyone else to provide evidence you are wrong?

Have you replied to Yoda's post from earlier debunking your DVD figures that were grossly stacked in your favour, or have you just ignored that?

I will tell you why I think it might be different for the Premiership.

There was no area set aside for an overflow of DU supporters(like we did for Morton)and we have limited Hearts fans to the main stand.

If it was ok to let away fans in the JHS, I can think of no reason why we wouldn't have done that.

Really missing the point about how much the missed opportunities might be costing. You can make up numbers to suit your argument

Predicted sales 1000

Minimum run 2500

It will make a loss I say!

The players - for getting promoted ?

The board - for being too ambitious?

The supporters - for buying STs ?

The office staff ? - surely not

It's your pick Stewarty. Or maybe a combination of all 4 ?

This is a silly response and one which convinces me that any further engagement would be pointless.

The players - for getting promoted ? No

The board - for being too ambitiousp Ambitious!!!!!!! Running the office with college kids, taking no responsibility, not running the centenary fund THEY run, or the TAG THEY championed..... yes the buck stops at them.

The supporters - for buying STs ? Now your being silly

The office staff ? - surely not, Board employed them and set the manning level, office staff have nothing to do with TAG, Centenary Fund, NS move for Celtic DVD being though about 10 weeks after end of a successful season, allowing the catering to drop,

It's your pick Stewarty. Or maybe a combination of all 4 ?

The board took the plaudits from us over Kids for free, pie of the month, longer contracts for players, kids zone, the Shed, so they can take the criticism when it goes wrong, I would love them to issue a MFA for its customers over the off field service level, I don't think they would score that highly

The board took the plaudits from us over Kids for free, pie of the month, longer contracts for players, kids zone, the Shed, so they can take the criticism when it goes wrong, I would love them to issue a MFA for its customers over the off field service level, I don't think they would score that highly

What is an MFA?

By the way, I notice in your response that you didn't mention the seat allocations for ST's. Who do you think was responsible for that ?

You will also need to remind me where Thistle mentioned doing anything about a DVD

What is an MFA?

By the way, I notice in your response that you didn't mention the seat allocations for ST's. Who do you think was responsible for that ?

You will also need to remind me where Thistle mentioned doing anything about a DVD

Market feedback analysis...... customer survey for service level

Seat allocations for ST holders was a shambles, again because the office was staffed at the boards request by students.

Why have the club NOT had a DVD on the shelves already???? Its been mentioned by someone who knows that the club only decided 3 weeks ago that it would be a good idea,,,,, come on what have these business men been doing since May??

You are so fortunate to live in such a clear cut world that there can only be one party at fault.

Come on your asking questions which I am trying to give balance answers to so answer these, where does the root cause for the following faults lie

• ST seating / posting / communication shambles
  • Centenary fund being 1 full month late and having only been drawn once on time in the last 2 years
  • TAG not being up and run as promised, and an advertised prize draw not taking place (Which is illegal)
  • North stand being moved for the Celtic game AND the way it was communicated
  • Kids for free being advertised for all fans in OUR website and being stated in the press by Beattie up to 1 day before the game with DUFC, then we change.
  • Catering still being below basic standards AND the company running it failing an inspection from the council even though it has been highlighted to the board after almost every home game last year.

There's 6 to get you started with, just add in RED next to each point where YOU believe the fault lies, I'll go stick the kettle on whilst you have a wee think about it

Market feedback analysis...... customer survey for service level - Cheers, I didn't know that.

Seat allocations for ST holders was a shambles, again because the office was staffed at the boards request by students. - OK everything is the boards fault.

Why have the club NOT had a DVD on the shelves already???? Its been mentioned by someone who knows that the club only decided 3 weeks ago that it would be a good idea,,,,, come on what have these business men been doing since May??

Getting a team fit for the Premiership signed up

Getting a new pitch arranged

Getting a new electronic entry system installed

Moving the Directors box to the the main stand

Choosing and buying new dugouts

Dealing with a doubling ? of ST's

Now I know that some of these probably shouldn't have been priorities,although we haven't seen any cost/benefit analysis, but it is quite a lot of stuff to try to do with a small staff in a short period of time

Getting a team fit for the Premiership signed up The backroom staff do that based on the budget

Getting a new pitch arranged Standard maintenance of the park we have been doing this for at least the last decade

Getting a new electronic entry system installed Which so far has been a shambles, we have still to see it operate

Moving the Directors box to the the main stand Which has added what to the club, where is the pay back? How about fixing the ski slope seats in the JHS or putting wash hand basins in the main stand??

Choosing and buying new dugouts SPFL stated we needed new ones as the ones we had aren't big enough for the 7 subs, they supply a list of approved designs and suppliers

Dealing with a doubling ? of ST's Doubling ST's has nothing to do with the board but to do with the team and to an extent the shed, as for dealing with them....... they were late, seats are double booked, folk are in the wrong seats and not everyone has them..... nearly 3 weeks into the season

Now I know that some of these probably shouldn't have been priorities,although we haven't seen any cost/benefit analysis, but it is quite a lot of stuff to try to do with a small staff in a short period of time The crux of the matter the BOARD is staffing the office at the busiest time of the season with students

Come on your asking questions which I am trying to give balance answers to so answer these, where does the root cause for the following faults lie

• ST seating / posting / communication shambles
  • Centenary fund being 1 full month late and having only been drawn once on time in the last 2 years
  • TAG not being up and run as promised, and an advertised prize draw not taking place (Which is illegal)
  • North stand being moved for the Celtic game AND the way it was communicated
  • Kids for free being advertised for all fans in OUR website and being stated in the press by Beattie up to 1 day before the game with DUFC, then we change.
  • Catering still being below basic standards AND the company running it failing an inspection from the council even though it has been highlighted to the board after almost every home game last year.

There's 6 to get you started with, just add in RED next to each point where YOU believe the fault lies, I'll go stick the kettle on whilst you have a wee think about it

Hope you enjoyed your tea and I apologise for being a bit thick, but I don't know how to post in red

ST seating - whoever designed the system

Posting/communication - I don't think it has been that bad with regard to STs

Centenary Fund - without a doubt this will be down to the Board not keeping on top of it.

TAG - again this is down to the board, but as I have said before I am not sure of the financial impact, in spite of your expectation of uptake.

North Stand - so far nobody has convinced me that this situation hasn't been forced on Thistle

Kids for Free - agreed that this has not been handled well, but facing a hole in the budget, maybe it is a good decision in the short term

Catering - obviously the fault here is Sporting Solutions. Do you think that the Board should just sack them and ignore any financial implications in breaking contracts.

Catering - obviously the fault here is Sporting Solutions. Do you think that the Board should just sack them and ignore any financial implications in breaking contracts.

Do you agree that it's unacceptable that since day one of SS taking over the catering that there have been complaints about the pie stalls.

That last season OneThistle compiled a match day report and presented it to the board, included in which was regular feedback on the poor standards of the pie stalls.

And with this in mind. The board told SS to change the food supplier in hospitality.

Hope you enjoyed your tea and I apologise for being a bit thick, but I don't know how to post in red

ST seating - whoever designed the system Who employed the people who ran the system and should have supervised it???

Posting/communication - I don't think it has been that bad with regard to STs Even today people have been going to Firhill to collect their tickets (AS per the clubsite) and they aren't ready thats poor communication, so who is in charge of communication??

Centenary Fund - without a doubt this will be down to the Board not keeping on top of it.

TAG - again this is down to the board, but as I have said before I am not sure of the financial impact, in spite of your expectation of uptake.

North Stand - so far nobody has convinced me that this situation hasn't been forced on Thistle But who handled the communication (or should have?), it came out in dribs and drabs

Kids for Free - agreed that this has not been handled well (By the board??), but facing a hole in the budget, maybe it is a good decision in the short term Then if a shortfall, why not bring in the TAG and DVD's and run Centenary fund to maximize what you have

Catering - obviously the fault here is Sporting Solutions. Do you think that the Board should just sack them and ignore any financial implications in breaking contracts. There is such a thing as Breach of Contract, and if heaven help us someone takes ill or worse due to food poisoning the club is liable legally under HSE law (Worst case scenario our chairman could go to jail) over delegation to sub contracting remember they have already failed a health inspection

Do you agree that it's unacceptable that since day one of SS taking over the catering that there have been complaints about the pie stalls.

That last season OneThistle compiled a match day report and presented it to the board, included in which was regular feedback on the poor standards of the pie stalls.

And with this in mind. The board told SS to change the food supplier in hospitality.

Aye, there have been loads of complaints.

I take it you think that the Board have changed suppliers in hospitality, but are continuing to shaft the regular supporter. If that if that is the case, then I agree that is unacceptable

• Like 1

Basically,Norge, it looks like you think we don't need a Board as the staff do everything

The problem is we are not staffed with the numbers or the competency to run these things, so who sets manning levels??

Business decisions and communications are driven from the top down, not from the student working in the office up