Potential Heartsache

CCjag

Basically,Norge, it looks like you think we don't need a Board as the staff do everything

No!

We need the board to stop pissing about ordering new blazers and ties, moving their directors box, refurbishing the main stand board room and getting the hospitality catering improved...

And start looking after the pay at the gate fans. The life blood of the club.

Catering - obviously the fault here is Sporting Solutions. Do you think that the Board should just sack them and ignore any financial implications in breaking contracts.

Sporting Solutions should already be in breach of contract due to environmental health issues, which brought PTFC into disrepute. If there's no provision for termination under such circumstances then the Board is at fault for a naive oversight. I wouldn't necessarily dump all the guilt on Sporting Solutions doorstep in much the same way as an employer has to take blame for employing a miscreant worker.

No!

We need the board to stop pissing about ordering new blazers and ties, moving their directors box, refurbishing the main stand board room and getting the hospitality catering improved...

And start looking after the pay at the gate fans. The life blood of the club.

^this.^

now to catch up on a few things .....

Lj, the exchanges you have had with people like pt, l-i-b and norge, shows a touch of niavety on your part, and the standard of some of your responses to the debate (particularily with norge, the more it went on this evening) and opinions frightens me, in the way that i hope that that the majority of the thistle support are not so blind to the shambolic, unprofessional and frankly embarrassing way the club is being run or conducted in various ways off the park. and don't take this as a slight on you, i am only saying it as i see it from the words of your posts tonight.

it is slighty reassuring that in a few issues and points, you have conceded to pt, l-i-b and norge, that fault does lie at the boards door, after your previous defence and denial of their culpability. Fair dooz.

have to say though, your conversation with stewarty over whose fault, which ended as follows, was particularily embarrassing on your part, and stewarty perfectly right in his response.

The players - for getting promoted ?

The board - for being too ambitious?

The supporters - for buying STs ?

The office staff ? - surely not

It's your pick Stewarty. Or maybe a combination of all 4 ?

This is a silly response and one which convinces me that any further engagement would be pointless.

Come on,man - don't resort to name calling.

I don't have any argument with this. Not drawing the CF could well have an impact on future members. This is something that should have been done.

again, fair dooz on acknowledging this one. as well as impacting on the CF with even lower numbers or reduced memberships, i'd also say it's likely the shambles of the past 24 months of CF draws has resulted in a lower than potential take up, and some cancelling or reducing their monthly membership contribution, would you concur with this too?

Edited by yoda-jag

Are you totally convinced that this is all Thistle's doing. That the police/council/SPFL had no part in forcing this.

It was obviously the boards decision to let the Celtic fans have the NS, but that was after being told that the main stand was no go for them. I believe that away support must be given an allocation. Add to that, that police wont allow away support to be enclosed on 2 sides, the only option is to give Celtic the NS.

If anybody has categorical evidence tha this isn't the case, I would love to see it.

Err, if Jags fans are in the main stand and the JH stand, then aren't the timothies in the north stand enclosed by Jags fans on 2 sides? Weren't just about all away fans in the JH stand last season enclosed on 2 sides?

Lj, the exchanges you have had with people like pt, l-i-b and norge, shows a touch of niavety on your part, and the standard of some of your responses to the debate (particularily with norge, the more it went on this evening) and opinions frightens me, in the way that i hope that that the majority of the thistle support are not so blind to the shambolic, unprofessional and frankly embarrassing way the club is being run or conducted in various ways off the park. and don't take this as a slight on you, i am only saying it as i see it from the words of your posts tonight.

it is slighty reassuring that in a few issues and points, you have conceded to pt, l-i-b and norge, that fault does lie at the boards door, after your previous defence and denial of their culpability. Fair dooz.

have to say though, your conversation with stewarty over whose fault, which ended as follows, was particularily embarrassing on your part, and stewarty perfectly right in his response.

again, fair dooz on acknowledging this one. as well as impacting on the CF with even lower numbers or reduced memberships, i'd also say it's likely the shambles of the past 24 months of CF draws has resulted in a lower than potential take up, and some cancelling or reducing their monthly membership contribution, would you concur with this too?

I did kind of get drawn into defending the board, and maybe I didn't put up a decent defence in some cases, but I am going to try to make my points clear.

1) If something goes wrong, it is usually because several parties haven't stepped up to plate

2) It is the football on the park that brings in the supporters

3) All the other stuff is insignificant

4) If the Board want to screw the fans, there is nothin you can do about it

I did kind of get drawn into defending the board, and maybe I didn't put up a decent defence in some cases, but I am going to try to make my points clear.

1) If something goes wrong, it is usually because several parties haven't stepped up to plate

Every single point you've made here has already been totally disproved by everyone else on this thread.

You are verging on the idiotic lenziejag. Completely out of your depth when it comes to proper, reasoned debate.

Edited by ian_mac
  • Like 1

1) If something goes wrong, it is usually because several parties haven't stepped up to plate Who is in charge of these parties?? Who hired these parties? Who set the sytems and procedures for thee parties?

2) It is the football on the park that brings in the supporters True but to keep them there and encourage them to part with their cash the off field activities come into play

3) All the other stuff is insignificant Complete nonsense, the boat may be sinking but isn't the band playing a good tune

4) If the Board want to screw the fans, there is nothin you can do about it Quite possibly the most idiotic answer you have given on these threads

Do you honestly believe that over the close season (And remember it was OUR board that leaked the Erskine & Paton to DUFC on the day of the Morton game) that our board and club have maintained an acceptable level of customer service??

Every single point you've made here has already been totally disproved by everyone else on this thread already.

You are verging on the idiotic lenziejag. Completely out of your depth when it comes to proper, reasoned debate.

lj, that is even poorer a post response than the list of four you gave to stewarty yesterday. utter embarrassment.

ian_mac has said the remainder of all i can be be inclined to say to you, and to conclude paraphrasing stewarty, your latest silly response is the one which convinces me that any further engagement in debate with you would be utterly pointless.

• Like 1

This is indeed a pish thread. Why are we debating a CF draw that gives us a chance of winning a signed ball, a TAG scheme which isn't off the ground yet or a few Admin hiccups.

It's quite clear that a huge chink of you weren't around when we were going through Save the Jags, then we genuinely did have something to complain about.

We have come on leaps and bounds both on and off the park, FFS stop moaning about minushai and start getting behind the great stuff that is happening on the pitch.

• Like 2

This is indeed a pish thread. Why are we debating a CF draw that gives us a chance of winning a signed ball, a TAG scheme which isn't off the ground yet or a few Admin hiccups.

It's quite clear that a huge chink of you weren't around when we were going through Save the Jags, then we genuinely did have something to complain about.

We have come on leaps and bounds both on and off the park, FFS stop moaning about minushai and start getting behind the great stuff that is happening on the pitch.

What he said.

Oh i was there through Save The Jags, through the Bates years too.

If the small issues aren't addressed they then get forgotten and complacency sets in, it Thistle its how it is.

To ensure we never go back through the Save The Jags route the club has to be run professionally, keep the cash avenues at present operating like they should (CF) and encourage new opportunities (TAG), and as for "Its only a Baw" its also only £240 that some people are paying for a draw that isn't happening (We are missing July's by a month and August was due today, 15th of the month), I struggle to see the legality or morality of it.

If TAG wasn't going to happen then put a mail out or don't even think about launching it, and definetly don't offer a prize on a date and fail to deliver.

If we are going to move the NS put it out in a official announcement, not in dribs and drabs like sweetie wifes to folk buying ST's from the office.

If we offer ST holders that if you renew by X date you can keep your existing seat, then if the ST holders sign up by X date make sure they get their seat.

As for a few Admin hic-ups, on there own not a problem, the issue is they are mounting up, how long before a massive one

On the park we are the best I have seen in over 30 years of going to Firhill, off the park.......... couldn't lace Molly Stalin's boots at the moment

• Like 1

It's the folk that were around for STJ's, that are dismissive of the current back office shambles that I find most baffling.

Kinda butting in on this thread but can't help agree with Norgethistle that none of current paid employees at the club could lace Molly Stallon's boots!

We are supposedly a professionally run club but as many others have highlighted there seems to have been a catalogue of errors been made this Summer.

Not sure if was mentioned before but I'd add the press release that said ST prices would be frozen for current ST holders when in fact it was a £20 increase.

No harm done & still value compared to other clubs but the point being again that it was a bit of a PR gaffe.

Imo the club's biggest mistake was letting Michelle Evans leave without having someone to replace her- even if there would've been an overlap of a few weeks if notice required.

The volunteers do a great job but I think it says a lot when people involved in the OneThistle scheme feel undervalued by certain folk.

Sad.

Edited by Trotter