Ross County On Saturday

Highlandjag

preview up now- McMillan still out, Muirhead back, Doolan a maybe.

I'd go

Fox

O'Donnell Muirhead Balatoni ATS

Fraser Bannigan

Lawless Welsh Higginbotham

Doolan (if fit)

Subs: Gallacher, Gabriel, Osbourne, Elliott, Craigen, Forbes, Baird (Mukendi if Baird starting)

edit: wouldn't surprise me if Osbourne plays though, maybe for Higginbotham with Bannigan moving out wide- we've so many options in midfield at the moment .

Edited by Ancipital

I wouldn't risk Doolan if not 100% at this stage in the season. With only him and Baird that play the main striker role we'd be daft to risk aggravating his injury. If he's up to it I'd keep him on the bench though just in case we need him.

Team for tomorrow:

Fox

O'Donnell Muirhead Balatoni Taylor-Sinclair

Fraser Welsh

Bannigan

Lawless Higginbotham

Baird

To be honest, I expect Archie will start with Craigen before Higginbotham. But in the longer term I'd prefer Bannigan in the central position instead of Craigen, and that would mean Higginbotham taking the attacking left sided slot. I think we'll be more solid as Bannigan is stronger in the challenge than Craigen. Sounds like Doolan is struggling to be fit for tomorrow, and anyway I fancy Baird to find space in behind rather than Doolan battling the centre halfs in the air.

This'll be a tough game against stuffy opponents. If we can keep things tight at the back then we can take something. A 1-1 draw.

I think craigen offers more tackles than Higginsbotham so expect to see him start. Last time I saw us play county at dingwall i saw Lucas Akins run them ragged and we won 2 nil so play Christie as a curse. I so hope he can be a player for us this year as he puts a shift in but he can be very poor, prove me wrong!

• Members

Think we'll adopt a more cautious approach away from home. With more attack minded players on the bench in case we need to turn things around.

Last season the away form after Archie took over was a big factor in winning the league.

Think you're right. Osbourne for Craigen and Baird in for Doolan if he's still unfit are the only changes from the last league game I'd make.

In my opinion only Gabriel did anything to earn a start on Saturday, but I still think that at the moment Muirhead/Balatoni is a better pairing. Baird will start if Doolan is still unfit. Osbourne may get the nod if Archie wants to set up more defensively, or Higginbotham if he wants to have a go. In both cases, it will be Craigen that misses out.

Team:

Scott Fox, Stephen O'Donnell, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Sean Welsh, Aaron Muirhead, Conrad Balatoni, Gary Fraser, Stuart Bannigan, James Craigen, Steve Lawless, Kris Doolan.

Subs: Paul Gallacher, John Baird, Mark Kerr, Ross Forbes, Isaac Osbourne, Christie Elliott, Kallum Higginbotham.

Team:

Scott Fox, Stephen O'Donnell, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Sean Welsh, Aaron Muirhead, Conrad Balatoni, Gary Fraser, Stuart Bannigan, James Craigen, Steve Lawless, Kris Doolan.

Subs: Paul Gallacher, John Baird, Mark Kerr, Ross Forbes, Isaac Osbourne, Christie Elliott, Kallum Higginbotham.

No defenders on the bench!