Season Ticket Sales

javeajag

From memory we were averaging 2500 last year so 1500 season tickets sounds not fantastic but I think it's far from poor. If I'm right about the average that would make it around 60% of home fans with season tickets. Based on bugger all apart from my humble opinion I'd think that really is about what we should be expecting.

Rough arithmetic at the Dundee Utd game deduct 1500 ST holders plus wild guess 500 non paying kids and 2300 Arabs leaves 3500 pay at the gate Jags fans. Even if you scale it down to 3000 that's a lot. Even if two out of three can or would only attend selected games that still leaves maybe as much as 1000 Jags fans that could be described as possible future ST holders.

Got a bit carried away there with the back of fag packet maths but still looks like a decent size potential support out there.

I sit in section 4 of the JHS and was amazed last week when I saw the number of season tix stickers around me. Plenty more than last year so something good must be happening.

It does look good but how many of those stickers were put on when the rows were re-lettered a few weeks back and aren't actually reserved? Also, are the numbers of season tickets sold inclusive of under sixteens? Behind where I sit now there are a good few guys with two or three kids each so there's maybe a quarter of the reserved seats in that section actually paid for.

Come to think of it, could I have reserved a couple of seats beside me for imaginary kids and given me a bit of elbow room? :innocent:

Our first season in the SPL last time round, 2002/03, we broke the 2,000 barrier comfortably. I remember Brown McMaster coming on to ptfc.net and announcing that the 2,000th ST had been sold.

Disappointed we haven't done it this time round, as the football on the park is so much better than it was back then.

Our first season in the SPL last time round, 2002/03, we broke the 2,000 barrier comfortably. I remember Brown McMaster coming on to ptfc.net and announcing that the 2,000th ST had been sold.

Disappointed we haven't done it this time round, as the football on the park is so much better than it was back then.

I wonder if Friday,Sunday and Monday night scheduling puts some people off buying a season ticket and paying in at the gate makes more financial sense to them.

Our first two home games back in 2002 were coincidentally against Dundee Utd and also against Livingston. The crowd for the United game was 6375 and Livingston 4255. Both those games were untelevised. This season roughly 1500 more watched the United game that was televised. Supposing about 250 Livi fans attended back then roughly 500 more Jags fans watched last night's televised game than 11 year ago.

I think both the above posts have merit. Sales of adult season tickets do appear rather disappointing especially against Jags overall attendance. More TV games with thus an increasing likelihood of re-scheduling to less sociable times might turn off prospective ST buyers. One thing that occurs to me tho' there could easily be no substance to it is the North Stand initiative. Could it be prospective ST purchasers may not see the advantage of committing to a season ticket when they intend to stand/sit in the North Stand?

trying to find some positives to the lower than hoped sales, and various posts ..... if the team continue to perform as well as they have, and stay in higher reaches of league, doing well (we shouldn't fear no one), then perhaps those who didn't buy ST's (and are either already regular attendees or the more fairweather supporter who thought we'd be whipping boys and therefore didn't plan to attend much over course of season), or don't attend game when it's on tv, then our walkup revenue will be higher than anticipated by board, and may even out or even outweight come May, any shortfall in anticpated ST revenue, and therefore overall gate revenue?

since we aren't currently making maximum use of other potential revenue streams to help archies budget (to get other players for sqaud, or offer improved contracts for those currently into final year of contract, or before January window or before end of season to try get star players who have other clubs sniffing around signed until 2016 with another year extension), perhaps an exciting footballing team, playing sublime attractive and winning football regularily, could bring back more than anticipated or budgeted for supporters through the turnstiles, and more money into the club?

Edited by yoda-jag

I'm sure I read last year we budgeted for an average crowd of around 2,200 - can anyone confirm if this is true? And if anyone knows what we've budgeted for this season? Think I read 3,500 somewhere but not sure. If we keep playing as we are then the crowds will stay pretty high and it looks like away supports are taking their chance to come to firhill for first time in a while. Could be in for a tidy profit this season.

Our first two home games back in 2002 were coincidentally against Dundee Utd and also against Livingston. The crowd for the United game was 6375 and Livingston 4255. Both those games were untelevised. This season roughly 1500 more watched the United game that was televised. Supposing about 250 Livi fans attended back then roughly 500 more Jags fans watched last night's televised game than 11 year ago.

I think both the above posts have merit. Sales of adult season tickets do appear rather disappointing especially against Jags overall attendance. More TV games with thus an increasing likelihood of re-scheduling to less sociable times might turn off prospective ST buyers. One thing that occurs to me tho' there could easily be no substance to it is the North Stand initiative. Could it be prospective ST purchasers may not see the advantage of committing to a season ticket when they intend to stand/sit in the North Stand?

I think your point on the rescheduling is more likely to be the main factor. If there is a bigger risk that you won't be able to get to evening games, the financial advantage of buying a ticket soon disappears.