How Would You Spend It?

cyprusjag

OK, here's the scenario.You've won the big one on the euromillions and you've always promised yourself that if and when you win it you would give Thistle £1,000,000 with the proviso they spend it on....... what?

How should the money be spent ? Ground/pitch improvements ? New players? Youth development ? Bigger win bonuses?

How would you spend it?

For the sake of your health and safety it is assumed you have permission to donate the money by your better half

I wouldn't 'give' money to some other doughnut to fritter it away on gold-plated door handles for the director's box. I'd buy the whole shebang and rule it like my own personal empire for a few years. Beautiful, cutting edge new stadium, the finest architecture and facilities ... pubs and recreational facilities around the area to build up the community and send money straight back to the club ... locally-sourced, brand-free football shirts which wouldn't change every season ... top-class training grounds with a youth set-up which would be producing International-quality players within ten years ...

Then after ten years I'd build a huge statue of myself outside the Main Stand and gift the club to the fans in perpetuity.

Subjective.

Hey, it's my club pal!

You don't want to support the Partick Zangers, in their fabulous red and gold shirts ('cause that'll be cooler too), in their stadium with plush all-leather seating (with cupholders and inbuilt heaters for when it's cauld) and nude dancers at half-time (for the kids), feel free to go somewhere else!

I think I'd make all tickets to our matches free for under 16's and £5 for adults for at least three or four years. Take the hit on the chin but hope it attracts more fans. Would be an interesting test.

Obviously when the thousands flock back I would buy the Emirates and transport it up north.

Edited by read'n'yell

Frankly, I wouldn't put a penny (more) into the club without getting something back. Several rich people own most of the shares, and half of the stadium. Why then has nothing been done in the last 20 years (with the exception of the north stand) to keep the stadium (not just half of it) fit for purpose? Propco members are set to profit nicely when their preferred option of selling off the bing for flats/offices/anything other than part of a football stadium comes to fruition, so why should one of us who wins the lottery simply donate money to the club when they are waiting to profit?

Edited by Jaggernaut

Frankly, I wouldn't put a penny (more) into the club without getting something back. Several rich people own most of the shares, and half of the stadium. Why then has nothing been done in the last 20 years (with the exception of the north stand) to keep the stadium (not just half of it) fit for purpose? Propco members are set to profit nicely when their preferred option of selling off the bing for flats/offices/anything other than part of a football stadium comes to fruition, so why should one of us who wins the lottery simply donate money to the club when they are waiting to profit?

Erm, it's a fun topic?

I'd make it known I'd be giving the Jags £10m including the best 20k stadium in the world and free tickets for existing season ticket holders for a decade as long as all current sharehlding bawbags got back only what they put in and not a penny more.

Should be enough to persuade them to go or face a lynching.

Build a new underground system running from the Star to the new terracing at the City End (pints permitted, smoking encouraged).

New stands (as required) then a Wimbledon style roof!

Why not - keep the rain off where required!

And swap caterers so directors get the guff we've been offered of late and we get fancy dan pies - ones with a wee flag in them and R&Y ribbons round the outside. And sparklers and a wee umbrella in them too. And something edible inside please.

ta!

^^^

Might need more than a million tho

Those wee flags are extortionate!

If I only had a million I'd likely opt to try and buy the bing & main stand back at close to cost price and gift it to the club (ideally to the fans or in trust and not to current directors. No offence!)