Real Jags Versus Inverness Fake Thistle

kni

Re the corner - at any placed kick the ball needs to move at least the distance of its circumference to be deemed in play. Which it clearly didn't, so on that basis alone the foul should have been given as soon as the lad played it to himself.

Having said that, the AR clearly hadn't sussed what was going on until Craigen protested.

Has anyone in the post match analysis mentioned the fact that craigen was sent back ten yards by the linesman?

Kinda a large omission in the discussion if the consensus is how "hard done by" Inverness were.

Edit: they seem to be making a big deal about being able to hear the ict player say "I've taken it" but is it only me that thinks it's quite obvious the linesman is shaking his head I.e. Naw ye didnae

Edited by Jagtastic
  • Like 1

Can't deny a little bit of luck at the second goal. But, many a striker would not of reacted as quikly to the keeper's error as DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLAAAANNNN, and missed the opportunity.

As for the caley corner conspiracy, it's a very old trick and Craigen new exactly what they were up to. If the goal had stood, we would have had more reason for complaint than caley do.

Of course i watched the game through red'n'yella tinted spex, but i thought we were better team today.Inverness are strong and physical, competant on the ball but today never looked like "a team that could maybe push celtic all the way to title" as that fud Jim Spence suggested to their manager pre match. I saw them as an angry, agressive side. Not dirty, but not as good or as streetwise as the beleive themselves to be.

Thistle on the other hand looked like the young team of talented players, still honing their skills and tactics, who can threaten any team in this league. Definately vulnerable with lapses of concentration, being muscled out of games, lack of conviction and naivety. However, I think the teamwork and togetherness we have compensates a little for our flaws.

It wasn't a convincing win. A very nervous wait for the final whistle. But it was yet another splendid performance that deserved the 3 points.

Can't wait for next sunday. I don't think celtic are as good as they think they are either. We might just surprise them too....

With a little "luck"! :thumbsup2:

:fan: O.T.I.G!!!!!!!

The linesman told Craigen that the ICT boy hadn't taken it so he ran away.

He made a **** of it but the goal was correctly disallowed.

This is right. The moment the linesman ordered Craigen away the move was buggered. They have a much bigger complaint about the 2nd disallowed goal. Fox panicked and pulled the guy down, straightforward penalty. Apart from that and booking Osborne for bugger all, thought the ref was OK.

Even their corners are fake :lol:

Well done Mr. Linesman. Things happened so quickly and we need to remember they're only human. My reading was that he realised he'd fecked up but decided not to flag and tried to keep the play flowing but it backfired. He could easily have buried his heid in the sawn. It took balls to raise that flag.

• Like 1

Well done Mr. Linesman. Things happened so quickly and we need to remember they're only human. My reading was that he realised he'd fecked up but decided not to flag and tried to keep the play flowing but it backfired. He could easily have buried his heid in the sawn. It took balls to raise that flag.

Did he wait until Craigen ran back over to him after the ball was in the net ?

Law XVII — Corner Kick

A corner kick is awarded to the attacking team when any member of the defending team plays the ball over the end line. A kick is taken from the quarter circle, with a radius of 1 yard, which is marked in each of the four corners of the field. The ball must be placed within the quarter circle at the defending side's end line nearest to where the ball went out of play. The kicker may not touch the ball a second time until it has been touched by another player. A goal may be scored directly from a corner kick. All defenders must remain 10 yards from the ball until it has traveled the distance of its circumference.