So Long Gary Fraser

The Legend Blows

Maybe now we can sign him for real.

Think that'll be a possibility. However altho' you never want to first guess the SFA they do like the lighter ban coupled with a weighty suspended sentence. That would be a real downside especially for a combative central midfielder. Just have to wait till the meeting but Archie appears to be supportive of the lad and given our unofficial signing policy I'm happy to respect whatever we decide if indeed Bolton are happy for Fraser to stay with us or they want rid of him.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

If Fraser did what was reported wouldnt want to see him in a Thistle top again.Imo he not only let himself down but he let our club down big time.If a number of players from other teams like Novo for instance did this would our fans be as forgiving? I think not.

so going by that we chuck arron and archie for there head buts??

so going by that we chuck arron and archie for there head buts??

He was also reported as kicking the player in the head and body.Archie says we will not sign anybody who doesnt fit in with the rest of the squad.Is this the type who fits in? Edited by Auld Jag

He was also reported as kicking the player in the head and body.Archie says we will not sign anybody who doesnt fit in with the rest of the squad.Is this the type who fits in?

If he had done this to a member of our squad then you would be right, but that isn't the case. Archie will make the call and we shall see how things pan out, but I expect if he was going to take your line he would have done it by now.

• 3 weeks later...

Available to play again on 1st January. Loan ends on 4th January.

What effect would postponed games have on this?

No one ever doubted Gerry was a good defence counsel.

Personally I think Fraser is very lucky to get away with a nine game (7 + 2?) suspension. Given the position he plays he's likely to pick up yellows and the odd red card during play. With this as "previous" he may find it even easier.

you've got to be more intelligent than attacking him on the park. That's just stupid. In my day, I'd let it go then make sure i was first out the changin rooms, get him in the car park and give him a stern dressing down and a lesson in on the park etiquette. And a kick in the knackers.

Edited by The Mighty Quinn
  • Like 1

A question that I've been thinking about: if a loanee stupidly gets himself sent off and banned for 3 months, i.e. more or less the entire duration of his loan, does the club who is currently hosting continue to to pay his wages? If he continues training with them, the host club is basically keeping him fit while getting no game time, but paying for him for the benefit of the club who has him under contract.

Can anybody enlighten?