Jags Vs Aberdeen - 1St Dec, Some Cup Thing

Paulo

Are we all trying to ignore the fact that this is happening up until Sunday morning? Are we thinking that it'll be more of the same from the last 2 games against this team?

So, enforced changes, what will they be? And what can we do to stop Aberdeen? Do we even need to stop Aberdeen, or just start playing our way a bit better?

Can I compose a whole post full of questions?

Are we all trying to ignore the fact that this is happening up until Sunday morning? Are we thinking that it'll be more of the same from the last 2 games against this team?

So, enforced changes, what will they be? And what can we do to stop Aberdeen? Do we even need to stop Aberdeen, or just start playing our way a bit better?

Can I compose a whole post full of questions?

Thistle need to forget the previous games and get in the faces of Aberdeen and get in about them for the 90mins.

The crowd and the players need to be up for this big time and anything can happen in cup football.

Who knows in the words of Kate Bush 'December will be Magic Again' . . . although it was quite crap last year. Ho hum.

This is a game we need to change our approach lets use players as far as possible who can get in their faces as they will not

be expecting that from us so come on Archie change it a bit for the cup and see what happens.

Hate to be a downer, but I fully expect Thistle to come out all guns blazing, getting in their faces as some have suggested, and then the whole thing going off the rails pretty early on….. losing a goal from a set piece, getting a player sent off, or something like that. Think I'm just a bit too long in the tooth to expect a more positive outcome, though of course I can hope for one.

Hate to be a downer, but I fully expect Thistle to come out all guns blazing, getting in their faces as some have suggested, and then the whole thing going off the rails pretty early on….. losing a goal from a set piece, getting a player sent off, or something like that. Think I'm just a bit too long in the tooth to expect a more positive outcome, though of course I can hope for one.

not heard or seen any one or posts wth any real positivity or belief we can progress to next round, there is almost a unified air of expectation and resignment we are going to lose, and with many, by a good few goals humbling.

cue thistle to win 6 nil with the greatest footballing display at firhill in decades.

not heard or seen any one or posts wth any real positivity or belief we can progress to next round, there is almost a unified air of expectation and resignment we are going to lose, and with many, by a good few goals humbling.

cue thistle to win 6 nil with the greatest footballing display at firhill in decades.

Mmmnnnn, mentalist you are....

I'd just like us to show a bit of hunger and a real fight to win the ball. A rousing performance from the start. If it doesn't go our way, meh, but let's try something and see what happens.

I think starting 2 up top is a good possibility. Either Doolan and Baird, or Doolan with Higgy supporting.

Going to very hard on Sunday, Aberdeen are both physical and have plenty of pace - something we struggle against. I think we have to move Osbourne back to centre back; don’t like taking him out the midfield but I just don’t feel Piccolo is ready to play at this level at the moment. Osbourne would add that little bit of experience that is needed at the back.

We have lost a lot of goals recently with opposition players making runs into the space vacated by our attacking full backs getting caught up the park. They need to be more defensive and we need one of the sitting midfield players to be deeper. Kerr has not played much this season but we could do with a little more experience in the side. We don’t have the right mix of youth and experience and it’s costing us badly.

Fox

SOD Osbourne Balatoni Taylor-Sinclair

Kerr Welsh

Craigan Forbes Higginbotham

Doolan

Archie has another option of changing our formation to try to plug our holes in defence. If he is going to do this I think it will be Sunday. I would guess he would go to a 4-4-1-1 formation.

Whatever happens we need to get back to form quick because we have a number of winnable league games coming up. The January window cannot come quick enough!

Edited by Alan Murray

Fox

SOD Osbourne Balatoni Taylor-Sinclair

Kerr Welsh

Craigan Forbes Higginbotham

Doolan

I like this formation. Can Ozzy play at centre back? Personally if Jordo MacMill is fit he needs game time and this would be an opportunity to give him a big test and time to get back to who i believe is one of our best players. I agree with the rest of the lads on here we need to show some hunger and spirit to get up into their faces. It will be tough, but we can most definitely get a result. A wee run in the cup and a game against the govan manky mob would be special. Mon the jags!

McMillan in for suspended Muirhead. He needs a game. Everyone was saying he was the hope at RB and after the Dundee Utd mauling he needs another chance. Get Welsh back in central midfield. Osbourne breaking up play and Welsh using his passing and skill to move it about the park. Just don't lose it Sean like you did at the Celtic game.

Forbes should be the point person as he can move the ball about the park for Craigen, Higgy and Doolan and is a threat at free kicks. Also pushed forward means he does not have to concentrate on his weaker defensive work. SOD and ATS To keep their runs a bit more conservative than the usual galloping beauty that we knew and loved last year. Any time they go up then someone else drop back to cover their space.

----------------------Fox-------------------

SOD-----McMillan---Balatoni-----ATS

---------Osbourne----Welsh------------

Craigen------Forbes------Higginbotham

-------------------Doolan---------------------------

Know or should I say ken a couple of Aberdeen supporters and believe it or not their none too confident about Sunday. Think that's more to do with Aberdeens failings in cup competitions in recent years rather than any vote of confidence in Thistle.

Being honest I would have taken anyone apart from Celtic, Utd. or Aberdeen and who do we fecking get the bloody Dons.

I'd like to say something positive, but to tell you the truth I can't see any way we'll make a game of it on Sunday, far less win.

Edited by stillresigned

I just hope none of the team read some of this pi$h and negativity. Try to remember we are Jags fans and have been through tough times on more than a couple of occasions and came through it with sheer determination to succeed and survive. Some quite depressing posts especially when the playing staff themselves will have been bursting their gut this last week to try to put on a performance they, and us, will be proud of.

Get behind them, MOTIVATIONAL SPEECHES and SELF BELIEF are needed.

We can make Sunday the start of a run of good luck so lets be positive ffs!!!!!!

C'mon ra JAGS!!! :fan:

Intae they sheep sha%%ers!!!!!! :sarcastic:

We can do it, we can do it, we can do it!!!!!! :thumbsup:

:worship::fan:

GET BEHIND THE TEAM!!!!!! :happy2:

• Like 2