Jags Vs Aberdeen - 1St Dec, Some Cup Thing

Paulo

Big problems. Doohlan is a decent player but he is living off scraps and more importantly he is getting no support. In many respects that a pretty even game of football but there was only one team creating chances. We need to sort this out quickly. Not so much for today, the St Mirren game highlighted the problem better; outplaying a team we needed to beat and getting humped. Thought Piccolo had a much better game today.

How many goals have we lost from crosses into our six yard box ? Clearly this zonal marking from corners is not working so Fox is going to need to grow a pair and start commanding his six yard box or we will have to go man for man

Yip! Fox is a good goalie but he is weak at corners. Aberdeen definitely targeted that today and it paid off.

Things are starting to look bleak now. A cup run would have been nice but if we're being realistic the league was always going to be our bread and butter this season so with that in mind and with the start we made to the game it would have been the perfect opportunity to try something,anything else. I don't know where we go from here and I'm starting to think the players have lost all confidence. Yeah we need players but Archie needs some experienced help to get more out the players and us out this rut.

Did you see what Zola did? He was basically a lone striker with a lot of long balls his way. He dropped back, collected the ball and held it up or passed it on before moving forward again. Doolan is inclined to hang up front and wait for the ball. He doesnt have the physique of Zola, I know that but that to me is a difference with a lone striker if they dont get world class service and accurate balls all the time.

Exactly what Baird did when he came on too, we also need the midfield to push on when the striker does that.

Of course our next game is " big Tel's" home debut if I'm not mistaken, God is most fefinately not a Jag's fan!

Seriously though what bothers me was that we looked beaten early doors. Supporters, particularly Thitle ones will forgive a helluva lot, but having no heart and no conception of a game plan whatsoever are ones they won't. To be honest at times during the last few games we looked like a Bunnett team!!!

Surely for reasons of personal respect if for nothing else some of the players have really got to up the ante, If they don't and don't recover their self confidence quickly, the only place we're going is into the SFL.

I can't believe I'm writing these words after some of our early season performances, but I'm afraid our seasons turned on its head in a way I personally have never witnessed.

I do cut Archie a big bit of slack he operates on a budget considerably below most of the other teams in this league.

However the January transfer window is now vital as is the home game against St Johnstone and the away game against Killie. If we don't win at least one of these I fear the worst.

It's not just Foxy that needs to grow a pair, elements of the thistle support need to do the same. Talk of scoring again is just pathetic even the worst teams score goals so what value does these comments have.

The crowd today and earlier threads have confirmed what I already knew, there are a hardcore if thistle fans that I have the utmost respect for, the rest I welcome their cash when things are going well but quite glad to get shot off when it isn't easy. They get overly negative and dis-appear quicker than Sevco chairmen.

Thanks for the cash see you at the next promotion campaign or cup run depending whichever comes first.

• Like 2

It's not just Foxy that needs to grow a pair, elements of the thistle support need to do the same. Talk of scoring again is just pathetic even the worst teams score goals so what value does these comments have.

The crowd today and earlier threads have confirmed what I already knew, there are a hardcore if thistle fans that I have the utmost respect for, the rest I welcome their cash when things are going well but quite glad to get shot off when it isn't easy. They get overly negative and dis-appear quicker than Sevco chairmen.

Thanks for the cash see you at the next promotion campaign or cup run depending whichever comes first.

I've supported Thistle for more than 20 years now and I can't remember a time more than now where I go to games not just thinking we'll be defeated but expecting we'll be obliterated and not even have a shot at goal during the game.

I really hope we can turn it around but supporting the team has been torture and I don't judge any fan for not wanting to see that.

James Craigen is not up to this level.

I actually think Craigen has the potential to be an excellent player and its a fantastic achievement to have gone from Uni football to the SPL.

However compare him with Elliot, I dont think Christie has the same skills etc as James and wouldnt say Christie has been that great in the last 3 games however he constantly give his all and will not shirk from a tackle which to me although disappointing performances I will not criticise in the way I am with Craigen below.

The last 3 games James Craigen has shirked every tackle, has mistimed the majority of passes and looked disinterested.

That is not acceptable too me and means he must be dropped to give him a huge kick up the back side to get back to the form of earlier in the season.

However Bannigan recently who also has bags of potential was shocking in a number of performances and should have been dropped but wasnt so I am not confident that Craigen will be dropped.

I've supported Thistle for more than 20 years now and I can't remember a time more than now where I go to games not just thinking we'll be defeated but expecting we'll be obliterated and not even have a shot at goal during the game.

I really hope we can turn it around but supporting the team has been torture and I don't judge any fan for not wanting to see that.

If you can't remember some of the terrible teams that we have had under awful managers in that period I would be more concerned about your failing memory than any shortcomings the current team or manager may have.

• Like 1

The last 3 games James Craigen has shirked every tackle, has mistimed the majority of passes and looked disinterested.

That is not acceptable too me and means he must be dropped to give him a huge kick up the back side to get back to the form of earlier in the season.

Apart from the fact that what you're saying is a complete over reaction, it's also pish.

Not saying he had a great game today, he didn't.

But he was stuck beside Kerr in a two man defensively minded central midfield. He's played in an attacking midfield role all season. I think it was a big ask to see him shine today.

I don't think he looked disinterested at all today. He hasn't shirked every tackle. I take it you missed the one that springs to mind in the second half? Right of centre and he blootered into a 50:50, you could hear the contact in the north stand.

As for mis timing the majority of his passes, prove it's not a sweeping generalisation and give us some stats to back this up.

If you're going to criticise, at least be constructive.

If you can't remember some of the terrible teams that we have had under awful managers in that period I would be more concerned about your failing memory than any shortcomings the current team or manager may have.

We've had some bad teams in some bad leagues but none stand out as us being so far being our competitors.

Even under Britton / Whyte, Bryce, McVeigh we could at least go into a game hoping to get something from it.

I believe there's a decent possibility we won't get another point this season.

Apart from the fact that what you're saying is a complete over reaction, it's also pish.

Not saying he had a great game today, he didn't.

But he was stuck beside Kerr in a two man defensively minded central midfield. He's played in an attacking midfield role all season. I think it was a big ask to see him shine today.

I don't think he looked disinterested at all today. He hasn't shirked every tackle. I take it you missed the one that springs to mind in the second half? Right of centre and he blootered into a 50:50, you could hear the contact in the north stand.

As for mis timing the majority of his passes, prove it's not a sweeping generalisation and give us some stats to back this up.

If you're going to criticise, at least be constructive.

I wasnt just talking about today - I feel he was awful in the other 2 previous games as well.

Okay maybe not mis timed all his passes I would guess 70% in these games. Was far more prolific earlier in the season

Yep I must have missed the 50:50 you were talking about, not saying it didnt happen though.

Still felt he has shirked several others though

We've had some bad teams in some bad leagues but none stand out as us being so far being our competitors.

Even under Britton / Whyte, Bryce, McVeigh we could at least go into a game hoping to get something from it.

I believe there's a decent possibility we won't get another point this season.

:lol: Even in a thread of over reactionary pish, this is by far the stupidest thing I have ever read on any incarnation of the Thistle forums.

As for the Craigen criticism, he had a poor game today yes, but we were remarking during the game how even when Craigen's having a bad game, he never hides and he always keeps running. He struggled today when there was a hell of a lot of expectation on him to run proceedings for us in the absence of Bannigan and Welsh, but he always wanted the ball and he never shirked a tackle, total nonsense.

Top marks to Gabi, presume he'll be starting again next week.