Lets Try Mukendi And Doolen Together!

silvershadow

Hate to mump and moan but surely after that woefull heartless performance in the cup it`s time to try something different up front.We cant score from open play and provide little threat to opposition defences.Lets give Mukendi a try with Doolan playing off him,it cant be any worse than it is now,can it? Piccolo was our best player today so maybe he should get an extended run instead of Conrad who looks totally out of form.

• Like 1

For me you have, over recent weeks, become the worst poster in the history of Thistle forums. An achievement in some sense, particularly as it seems that this may have been your intention.

Sickening isn't it? When you think of the years of effort some of us have put in in an attempt to reach that accolade,

• Like 1

For me you have, over recent weeks, become the worst poster in the history of Thistle forums. An achievement in some sense, particularly as it seems that this may have been your intention.

For thinking ahead of the curve?

Mukendi and Kerr seem to be open to criticism but not Archie when his failings are there for all to see.

​the amount of passes that went astray today was unbelievable throw ins just as bad , we seem to take an age to get the ball into there box. you can play all the nice passing stuff all day long but it does not get you goals .

I thought Taylor Sinclair was extremely disappointing today. Lost count of how many throw ins he took and threw straight to a Dons player.
  • Like 1

Hate to mump and moan but surely after that woefull heartless performance in the cup it`s time to try something different up front.We cant score from open play and provide little threat to opposition defences.Lets give Mukendi a try with Doolan playing off him,it cant be any worse than it is now,can it? Piccolo was our best player today so maybe he should get an extended run instead of Conrad who looks totally out of form.

How about actually given Baird and Doolan a chance to play together first. Something that quite frankly I cannot believe has been tried out in the last few weeks given how clearly obvious it is to everyone that one striker up front on his own is not working.
  • Like 1

Digging deeper no wonder we are not scoring goals look at the records of our attacking players

Doolan 169 starts 59 goals

Higgy 103 starts 17 goals

Elliot 61 starts 11 goals

HIggy is a blooming imposter I tell you fancy flicks and twirls no end product

then you look at our bench Baird 197 starts 86 goals (bearing in mind Dundee mega shite last year)

In Archie we do not trust

Edited by thistlenowthistleforever
  • Like 1

Mukendi lol

I posted this on another forum but I believe a possible alternative to us when all our players are fit and available is:

Fox

O'Donnell, Piccolo, Balatoni, Sinclair

Osbourne

Welsh, Bannigan

Forbes

Doolan, Higginbotham

I think our best chance in the team of posing any goal threat is Ross Forbes, and as such I think we should try playing our team around him. To an extent he's wasted out wide and even in central midfield outwith the final third. I think he'd do well just behind 2 strikers, as was shown in the St Mirren away game, or possibly even as one of 2 strikers himself.

We don't have a wide threat, so I don't see what we'd have to lose by playing this. Having 2 strikers on with a creative Forbes behind them could also do something about our inability to fashion goal-scoring opportunities.

Regarding Archibald, I think he's showing himself to be tactically naive, and we don't appear to be able to change from the way we've been playing since the start of last season. We aren't looking like creating chances, never mind scoring goals, and we're just being too easily overpowered by the opposition making it easier for them to score against us, especially at corners. I want to give Archibald a chance, but the next month is massive for him. Especially with such exciting prospective alternatives as Craig Levein currently out of employment.

Am i alone in finding the decision by Archie to substitute Baird for Doolan, one short striker for another short striker incredible as it was obvious that this strategy was clearly not working , when we were crying out for something different ie Mukendi who could also help out with set pieces.He may be hopeless as some people say, but what chance has he had. He would certainly have given the Aberdeen defence something different to think about and may have created knockdowns for our midfield! What did we have to lose with one shot on target in 80 minutes?

• Members

Forget Mukendi. There only to make up numbers. He admitted himself, despite his height, he's crap with the ball in the air and sees himself more as a winger.

I think Archie realises he has to start again and today we seen the first signs of that. We have to be tougher to score against and then build up to scoring.

• Like 1

Archie is hopeless.

You are pretty hopeless to be honest.

Your posts are ridiculous, you've obviously been spoiled by the football last season. I presume that you only starting following Thistle a couple of years ago, because I can tell you that it's been a hundred times worse than this, and I'm only 28.

Would be interested to know who you would replace Archie with.

• Like 2

You are pretty hopeless to be honest.

Your posts are ridiculous, you've obviously been spoiled by the football last season. I presume that you only starting following Thistle a couple of years ago, because I can tell you that it's been a hundred times worse than this, and I'm only 28.

Would be interested to know who you would replace Archie with.

Owen Coyle. His name will be poison down there now.

I have seen much worse players for Thistle but I can't remember a time when i couldn't see us getting another point all season such is the gap between the teams.

Owen Coyle. His name will be poison down there now.

I have seen much worse players for Thistle but I can't remember a time when i couldn't see us getting another point all season such is the gap between the teams.

You're kidding yourself on if you think we could afford Coyle's wages.

So when Gerry Collins was manager you're telling me you had more confidence in him picking up points with that team? Really?

You seem to have this vision of PTFC as a footballing juggernaut who pull in crowds of 50,000 every week and pay thousands in wages and as result should be hammering teams at this level.

I'm afraid to tell you, we're just not quite there yet.

I have confidence in Archie to turn things round. Even if we did go down I wouldn't want him sacked. I want the club to start building a long term legacy, you can't do that if you keep sacking managers. At this stage I still don't believe we will be relegated.

Things can change VERY quickly in football and in 2 weeks time Archie could be hero of the hour again. If that happens, I won't go over the top in hailing him as the messiah, just as I won't go over the top in slagging him off after a few bad results.

Edited by ian_mac
  • Like 3

You're kidding yourself on if you think we could afford Coyle's wages.

So when Gerry Collins was manager you're telling me you had more confidence in him picking up points with that team? Really?

You seem to have this vision of PTFC as a footballing juggernaut who pull in crowds of 50,000 every week and pay thousands in wages and as result should be hammering teams at this level.

I'm afraid to tell you, we're just not quite there yet.

I have confidence in Archie to turn things round. Even if we did go down I wouldn't want him sacked. I want the club to start building a long term legacy, you can't do that if you keep sacking managers. At this stage I still don't believe we will be relegated.

Things can change VERY quickly in football and in 2 weeks time Archie could be hero of the hour again. If that happens, I won't go over the top in hailing him as the messiah, just as I won't go over the top in slagging him off after a few bad results.

I would like to see him turn it around and be a successful manager.

However I don't think he has any idea to change it. Why is Doolan constantly isolated up front?

Why are we still terrible at defending set pieces? Why was Craigen marking Considine yesterday?

These are the managers things to deal with and there has been no improvement in weeks.

I would like to see him turn it around and be a successful manager.

However I don't think he has any idea to change it. Why is Doolan constantly isolated up front?

Why are we still terrible at defending set pieces? Why was Craigen marking Considine yesterday?

These are the managers things to deal with and there has been no improvement in weeks.

Who's to say he isn't trying to change it? Once the players cross the line there's very little he can do apart from making subs.

Aberdeen and Dundee United look like the ones who will fight it out for 2nd place. We've had a bad run of fixtures where we seem to be playing these teams every week at the moment. Didn't do ourselves any favours in the St. Mirren game of course, but if the ref does his job properly that game could have been very different.

I think it's dangerous to staunchly defend Archibald at all costs purely due to his legendary status at the club, because there are some very valid criticisms of him just now. I'm happy to give him the next month to improve our current downturn and show that he does have some ideas, but if it became clear that a revolutionary appointment like Craig Levein would be willing to work for us, we should take that chance immediately. it could be the difference between us being a short 1-2 year visitor to the top flight or an every-season regular like St Johnstone or ICT who are now in top 6 territory.