Sinclair

Jagman1876

If we can get 75k for ATS then that is fantastic business. We know that he is likely to go at some point, but to receive a hefty payment such as this is great for Archie. This money alone could help us buy a couple of half decent players that we most definitely need. Shame to see ATS go, but ach well....

I still don't see why they'd want to pay to take him in January, but if so, I'd say we should be taking the money. Getting any sort of cash for him would be a bonus, and might help bring in a player during the window.

Maybe Lennon wants him but knows he would need to compete with Championship clubs if he waits until summer.

If he can get him in January he can offer him a lot less in wages. So even with the 75k, over a period of 2 or 3 years it will still be less.

I believe Montrose get 5%

As little as that?! If that is the case then it is good news. I assumed it would be about 10-20%.

Edited to add...

The Express claims "Montrose will also net a five-figure sum from the deal.", which would mean about 15% or more but how would they even know that detail.

Edited by mhs

Shame for him to go to Celtic and become a bench warmer then a nobody trapped on a contract for a few years and then back to the lower leagues. He could of course buck the trend but the OF kill young Scots with potential the vast majority of the time.

Also, you often hear about these kind of deals being done but the player being allowed to stay with the selling club until the end of the season. Don't see any mention of that though. It's not the end of the world, punt Banzo back to left back and let him regain some of the form he has lost, we've got plenty of cover in the midfield.

Shame for him to go to Celtic and become a bench warmer then a nobody trapped on a contract for a few years and then back to the lower leagues. He could of course buck the trend but the OF kill young Scots with potential the vast majority of the time.

Also, you often hear about these kind of deals being done but the player being allowed to stay with the selling club until the end of the season. Don't see any mention of that though. It's not the end of the world, punt Banzo back to left back and let him regain some of the form he has lost, we've got plenty of cover in the midfield.

I agree with this.

I wouldn't call getting £75K for ATS great business, unless we get a whopping sell-on clause of our own inserted into the print of the deal. A fair and reasonable transaction though, all things considered.

main question now is who is going to fill his boots and if deal is concluded should he play

I'd say dont play him . Nothing against him, and I wish him all the best, but we need to find a settled defensive pattern asap for the rest of the season.

Banzo to full back, he's a much better tackler anyway.In a strange way I think the team may have a stronger look about it when he goes.