Archie Must Go ?

javeajag

All I will say is be careful what you wish for chaps.

Personally, I think the best way to get out of this slump is to stick together as a club. Roar the team on even more than you normally would. This is where you really earn your corn as a fan.

If we change manager every time we go on a bad wee run (and employ a new manager who is even less experianced than our current manager) then we will go backwards year on year on year.

I'm not asking anyone to go and sing about how wonderful Archie is, as I'm not stupid and I realise that a run like this will always put him under a certain amount of pressure. I see people who are calling for his head saying about how they'd be delighted to see him turn it around.

Well, he's only going to do that with your support............so support him!

• Like 5

All I will say is be careful what you wish for chaps.

Personally, I think the best way to get out of this slump is to stick together as a club. Roar the team on even more than you normally would. This is where you really earn your corn as a fan.

If we change manager every time we go on a bad wee run (and employ a new manager who is even less experianced than our current manager) then we will go backwards year on year on year.

I'm not asking anyone to go and sing about how wonderful Archie is, as I'm not stupid and I realise that a run like this will always put him under a certain amount of pressure. I see people who are calling for his head saying about how they'd be delighted to see him turn it around.

Well, he's only going to do that with your support............so support him!

He need help and that's the support he should get .....learning on the job is proving a tad challenging

You're not shouting for that tho, you're shouting for the guy to be sacked. Whether he is sacked or given help is up to the directors.

What you can do is be vocal and give him, and the team, your support. So even if it doesn't work out you can say "I gave him a fair chance, and my backing, but he just wasn't up to it. Shame"..........rather than " I helped to hound a guy out of his job before he had a chance to turn it around. Aren't I big? Aren't I clever?".

• Like 1

You're not shouting for that tho, you're shouting for the guy to be sacked. Whether he is sacked or given help is up to the directors.

What you can do is be vocal and give him, and the team, your support. So even if it doesn't work out you can say "I gave him a fair chance, and my backing, but he just wasn't up to it. Shame"..........rather than " I helped to hound a guy out of his job before he had a chance to turn it around. Aren't I big? Aren't I clever?".

What are you on about? I give him and the team loads of support .... I actually watched the game tonight ! But I am entitled to my opinion and he is struggling

The club is actually bigger than the manager

What are you on about? I give him and the team loads of support .... I actually watched the game tonight ! But I am entitled to my opinion and he is struggling

The club is actually bigger than the manager

And by his style of football he is trying to make the club bigger and more entertaining

So you give him and the team "loads of support" at the game, then when we lose you rush home to call for him to be sacked on here. Yet we beat hearts and you were nowhere to be seen?

Strange.

You can support the team without giving the manager unconditional support

Lots of fans support their team at the game and then criticise them later

An analogy if you would humour me:

I have a house built, a really nice house that people like to look at; in fact, some people say it's the nicest house on the street. But it's falling down; the structure is damaged and the foundations are sodden. I could have these problems fixed and the house might not fall down but I'm content to accept the way it is because, well, have you looked at it? It's a piece of art. I'll gladly accept my house falling down and I'll gladly return to the slum I occupied before, the slum I worked my backside off for years to escape. Is it the house builders fault? Are you crazy? Of course, it isn't. I'm just grateful to have lived in such a beautiful house.

Lunacy, wouldn't you say?

Look, positivity is all good and well, something I encourage, but blind positivity is damaging. Some folk need to stop being so bloody naive, folk who have watched enough football to not be so ridiculously misguided. This acceptance of defeat on the rather flimsy basis that we play good football - which is arguable in itself seeing as the end game of the whole sport is to out score the other team - is utterly perplexing. Relegation increases the likelihood of our better players leaving and has obvious financial repercussions, resulting in the probability of being unable to attract replacements of a similar quality. Henceforth, this current amazing football that I must be incapable of appreciating subsides and we become an aspiring yet ultimately floundering First Division team again. THAT's what folk want!? Sorry but count me out. If that means I'm vilified and termed an "idiot" by an increasingly righteous section of the Thistle support then so be it.

I don't think Archie should be sacked but I don't necessarily think he's doing a good job; two points from nine against teams around us is poor by anybody's standards. Excluding the games against each other, we've collected two more points than Hearts from fixtures against the rest of the teams in the league; two more points than a team of teenagers thrown in at the deep end. The board have backed the manager with funds for players yet he continues to ham-fistedly attempt to fit them into his predecessor's system.

People see what they want to see. What I see is a team that is damn fortunate that Hearts are in financial ruin. And the reason why I won't stand back, cover my eyes and convince myself that at least it's better than the Campbell days is because I know this team are a damn sight better than that.

Edited by Armand2
  • Like 2

I have a house built, a really nice house that people like to look at; in fact, some people say it's the nicest house on the street. But it's falling down; the structure is damaged and the foundations are sodden. I could have these problems fixed and the house might not fall down but I'm content to accept the way it is because, well, have you looked at it? It's a piece of art. I'll gladly accept my house falling down and I'll gladly return to the slum I occupied before, the slum I worked my backside off for years to escape. Is it the house builders fault? Are you crazy? Of course, it isn't. I'm just grateful to have lived in such a beautiful house.

Look, positivity is all good and well, something I encourage, but blind positivity is damaging. Some folk need to stop being so bloody naive, folk who have been watched enough football to not be so ridiculously misguided. This acceptance of defeat on the rather flimsy basis that we play good football - which is arguable in itself seeing as the end game of the whole sport is to out score the other team - is utterly perplexing. Relegation increases the likelihood of our better players leaving and has obvious financial repercussions, resulting in the probability of being unable to attract replacements of a similar quality. Henceforth, this current amazing football that I must be incapable of appreciating subsides and we become an aspiring yet ultimately floundering First Division team again. THAT's what folk want!? Sorry but count me out. If that means I'm vilified and termed an "idiot" by an increasingly righteous section of the Thistle support then so be it.

I don't think Archie should be sacked but I don't necessarily think he's doing a good job; two points from nine against teams around us is poor by anybody's standards. Excluding the games against each other, we've collected two more points than Hearts from fixtures against the rest of the teams in the league; two more points than a team of teenagers thrown in at the deep end. The board have backed the manager with funds for players yet he continues to ham-fistedly attempt to fit them into his predecessor's system.

People see what they want to see. What I see is a team that is damn fortunate that Hearts are in financial ruin. And the reason why I won't stand back, cover my eyes and convince myself that at least it's better than the Campbell days is because I know this team are a damn sight better than that.

Correct

Look, positivity is all good and well, something I encourage, but blind positivity is damaging. Some folk need to stop being so bloody naive, folk who have watched enough football to not be so ridiculously misguided. This acceptance of defeat on the rather flimsy basis that we play good football - which is arguable in itself seeing as the end game of the whole sport is to out score the other team - is utterly perplexing. Relegation increases the likelihood of our better players leaving and has obvious financial repercussions, resulting in the probability of being unable to attract replacements of a similar quality. Henceforth, this current amazing football that I must be incapable of appreciating subsides and we become an aspiring yet ultimately floundering First Division team again. THAT's what folk want!? Sorry but count me out. If that means I'm vilified and termed an "idiot" by an increasingly righteous section of the Thistle support then so be it.

Good post, agree with 90% of what you said but think we've abandoned the principals that made us a good team ( possession football etc )

Not tonight it was awful football

We were a whole lot better on the eye than St. Johnstone. I think someone likened them to County when they won the 1st Div on another thread; a good comparison.

I agree we were dire in the opening half hour but thereafter we were by far the better team. Fair enough to say that they let us come on, but we were pretty close to scoring in the later stages and one header from May aside, they were nowhere near scoring again as far as I recall.

St. Mirren on Saturday. We have won 70% of our points away from home. Here's hoping that pushes up to 74%.