Aberdeen At Firhill

Jaggernaut

Yes, plenty of positives to take from today. We just didn't get the rub of the green. The lads will work hard in training. Its a harsh lesson. If we can take our chances. zzzzzzz......

Of course they won't let it play on their minds. Training will go well. They all know they have been playing good stuff…..

Serious question

Has it ever been easy supporting the Jags?

I would guess that at the moment it's a frustrating time for everyone involved at the club but does it not even feel a wee bit positive that the team can play decent football

How many would actually still go and watch if they tried to hold out for a bore draw from the start of every match?

Can they beat Aberdeen?

Who knows but they certainlly will be entertaining in trying to do so.

• Like 2

Certain home win. 2-0. Craigen and Elliot.

Put the Glen Moray down and step away from the bar Sir! Please put the Glass down!!

You have confirmed beyond doubt you are a true jags man. No other group I know would take such consistent emotional negative pounding of their sporting aspirations and comeback with , "nae bother , wee tweak here and there and we will sqoosh it next week .

Sir I salute you and my fellow jags fans. :clapping:

Anybody see us winning this one?

Or even getting a draw?

If we get a draw or win next week, what reason would everyone on this forum have for mumping and f**king CONSTANTLY MOANING?!?!

Pretty good game to watch today. Of course I'm scunnered like everyone else that we ended up losing ... to the team third in the league, who rumped us 5-1 last time around. Feels like a boot in the baws.

And then coming back to read this forum with THE EXACT SAME PISH every week ... moan moan f**king MOAN.

If there's another Scottish football team with a fans forum populated with such an amount of negative f**kers as this, please don't post a link, as this one is enough to make Jesus want to crucify himself.

Enjoy your complaining for the rest of the night.

Well done the Jags today. Great fight.

EDIT -

And if the same people who post on Pie And Bovril post here, which I assume you do - making homophobic slurs against people who have differing opinions

makes you not only a disgrace as a Partick Thistle fan, but as a basic human being.

Sickening stuff.

Edited by peagreenboy
  • Like 3

Serious question

How many would actually still go and watch if they tried to hold out for a bore draw from the start of every match?

Can they beat Aberdeen?

Who knows but they certainlly will be entertaining in trying to do so.

Archie is trying to play a game that suits the SPFL Premiership/SPL, instead of a game that suits his own team. That's why the start of today's game was a turgid display of trying to see who could punt the ball further into the opposition's half. (Motherwell won hands down, by the way: perhaps there's a message there for Gallagher - or indeed any 21st-century goalkeeper - the next time he punts the ball aimlessly up the park.) Even if Elliott and Craigen were experienced, accomplished defensive midfielders, getting this team to defend a 1-goal lead with 10 minutes to go would be unlikely to do the trick, and the tactics need to take account of this. All you need to do is score more than the opposition.

Archie is trying to play a game that suits the SPFL Premiership/SPL, instead of a game that suits his own team. That's why the start of today's game was a turgid display of trying to see who could punt the ball further into the opposition's half. (Motherwell won hands down, by the way: perhaps there's a message there for Gallagher - or indeed any 21st-century goalkeeper - the next time he punts the ball aimlessly up the park.) Even if Elliott and Craigen were experienced, accomplished defensive midfielders, getting this team to defend a 1-goal lead with 10 minutes to go would be unlikely to do the trick, and the tactics need to take account of this. All you need to do is score more than the opposition.

I was listening to the first half and it was poor by all accounts but second half the football was so much better.

Getting the ball down and asking questions of the other team is what Thistle do best and they are more suited going forward than trying to defend something.

It's easy to point the blame but it's a massive learning curve for everyone at Thistle and it's very difficult at this higher level where teams will punish you time and again.

They just have to keep believing in the football they play and keep asking teams questions as going forward is the main strength of this team.

It was a boot in the # # # # for me when the Well goals went in and i can only imagine what it feels like for Jags supporters, players and management.

You can't say things will get better as each week it's the same story but the team put in alot of effort and fight today and yet again it didn't go fo them.

Surely this has to change and they get just a wee break in a game as they deserve it

If we get a draw or win next week, what reason would everyone on this forum have for mumping and f**king CONSTANTLY MOANING?!?!

Pretty good game to watch today. Of course I'm scunnered like everyone else that we ended up losing ... to the team third in the league, who rumped us 5-1 last time around. Feels like a boot in the baws.

And then coming back to read this forum with THE EXACT SAME PISH every week ... moan moan f**king MOAN.

If there's another Scottish football team with a fans forum populated with such an amount of negative f**kers as this, please don't post a link, as this one is enough to make Jesus want to crucify himself.

Enjoy your complaining for the rest of the night.

Well done the Jags today. Great fight.

Well done ? , think the team got beat again whether that's down to management , players is debatable , think if you've watched Thistle for a lot of years you'll see that a lot of our players have undoubted ability compared to lots of previous Thistle teams from years gone by. 100% we've underachieved this season with the players we've got , think its now swinging towards manager's tactics/ system we play, by the way peagreenboy we're 2nd bottom of the league that's why you're getting the supposed negative pish

You can't say things will get better as each week it's the same story but the team put in alot of effort and fight today and yet again it didn't go fo them.

Surely this has to change and they get just a wee break in a game as they deserve it

I reckon we got our final break for this season with the deflected goal for last week's equaliser. Mostly it's just not going for us this season. The gods are displeased with PTFC for some reason.

Well done ? , think the team got beat again whether that's down to management , players is debatable , think if you've watched Thistle for a lot of years you'll see that a lot of our players have undoubted ability compared to lots of previous Thistle teams from years gone by. 100% we've underachieved this season with the players we've got , think its now swinging towards manager's tactics/ system we play, by the way peagreenboy we're 2nd bottom of the league that's why you're getting the supposed negative pish

I think you'll find that is wishful thinking, to suggest our lack of success is down to poor managers sounds convenient but is far from the truth and just as relevant today. Jamie Hamills goal, Liam Craig, Killie penalty, both Celtics winning goals etc not the management teams fault in my opinion.

I think you'll find that is wishful thinking, to suggest our lack of success is down to poor managers sounds convenient but is far from the truth and just as relevant today. Jamie Hamills goal, Liam Craig, Killie penalty, both Celtics winning goals etc not the management teams fault in my opinion.

Think I said everything was up for debate,don't think the management are blameless and ultimately football is a results business, think over the season there has been strange decisions Lyle Taylor walking into the team instead of Doolan despite Dools and Osbourne at that particular time being our players of the season . We've now got a scenario that Taylor hasn't scored in the last five games but Archie still persists going for one upfront ( players fault ? ) When the team gets beat on a regular basis surely everything is up for debate including the manager .

Think I said everything was up for debate,don't think the management are blameless and ultimately football is a results business, think over the season there has been strange decisions Lyle Taylor walking into the team instead of Doolan despite Dools and Osbourne at that particular time being our players of the season . We've now got a scenario that Taylor hasn't scored in the last five games but Archie still persists going for one upfront ( players fault ? ) When the team gets beat on a regular basis surely everything is up for debate including the manager .

No I think you implied we had many good players that where made to be ordinary by poor management decisions.

I agree Doolan can count himself unfortunate to be out of the team, what you think anyone could do about Osbourne is a mystery.

We haven't been beaten on a regular basis however we would benefit from turning the draws into wins.

No I think you implied we had many good players that where made to be ordinary by poor management decisions.

I agree Doolan can count himself unfortunate to be out of the team, what you think anyone could do about Osbourne is a mystery.

We haven't been beaten on a regular basis however we would benefit from turning the draws into wins.

We have been beaten on a regular enough basis. I take the point of many fans that we haven't exactly had the rub of the green etc, however there comes a point when you do start to wonder. Lost 18 points from winning positions (D2 L6) and only taken four from being behind. All a wee bit concerning. A win (any win) would be a delight.

The 3 games we have played Aberdeen have been arguably 3 of our worst performances all season. Although we only lost 1-0 in the cup game we only had one shot on goal.

Therefore both management and team need to go all out to make amends for poor performances against the dons. I don't expect a win but I expect a far far better performance against the dons this time round.

We have been beaten on a regular enough basis. I take the point of many fans that we haven't exactly had the rub of the green etc, however there comes a point when you do start to wonder. Lost 18 points from winning positions (D2 L6) and only taken four from being behind. All a wee bit concerning. A win (any win) would be a delight.

We have lost 2 games when we have been in front both against MFC which is not exactly a significant problem. Celtic lost last week after being ahead at home should they panic?

A win would be welcome as it will keep us in the hunt and help us move away from 11th place.